The Parkview

100 Valley Avenue, Pleasanton, CA, 94566

Reviews of The Parkview

John & Tracey774028 June 17, 2016

We have been in great hands from the moment we stopped into The Parkview. The staff is extremely professional, caring and intelligent. We looked at many assisted living homes for my mom and felt very welcome and confident that The Parkview would provide a wonderful new home for her. Every question or concern is thoughtfully addressed and resolved to my Mom’s satisfaction. Top Notch!

Terry O'Rourke May 17, 2016

My father spent 2 wonderful years at the Park View . He had severe Alzheimer's and required a lot of support and help. The staff without exception were extremely compassionate and made his life as comfortable and complete as possible. Thank you.

Sylvia24 May 11, 2016

The Parkview is big. It may be a good setting for people who are more active, but it wouldn’t have worked for my mother at all because she is very timid and you have to encourage her to do things, otherwise she is just going to sit in her room. A very nice young woman took us around and showed us the place. It is very beautiful and very plush, but it is not homey. It is like a hotel, not a home, but it is beautifully decorated. They have everything from an exercise room to a big restaurant-dining room type thing. It’s for an active person as they have a lot of activities that you can join on your own.

Thank you Sylvia24 for the lovely review. Here at The Parkview we respect each resident’s unique personality. Moving to a new place can be scary, and transitioning takes time. That’s why we create an individualized transition plan taking into account personal preferences. Like one family member said: “It's never easy moving your parents from their beloved home, but knowing that they are very well cared for with good meals, receive their medications, and living a beautiful setting makes it easier on the family.” We wish you and your family good health and happiness. Sincerely, Sylvia Zaininger

LauraBYBAP May 11, 2016

Parkview was beautiful with really nice, clean, and spacious rooms. The building itself was very clean, well kept, and had a beautiful layout and décor. The landscape was beautiful with lots of green grass and flowers, which elderly people probably love to look at. They had a really nice lounge area for people who want to sit out and socialize, and the dining room was just lovely.

Anita Merritt May 05, 2016

Both my mother and my father have enjoyed their time at Parkview.. I am grateful for the kind help they have given them

ed2345 May 05, 2016

My mother has been a resident for a number of years at the Parkview and I am quite thankful for the support she has received, She has a number of minor issues that require a lot of patience, and the staff is quite caring and compassionate when dealing with her issues.

Thank you ed2345 for the review. Your mother is a joy and an important part of our community!

LindaLeeWar April 15, 2016

I feel so blessed to have found The Parkview for my 94 year old mother. Mom is very happy there thanks to the incredibly wonderful and caring staff that takes such good care of her. I cannot praise Parkview enough, Keep up the wonderful work.

Linda, It warms our hearts to hear you say she is happy. We are also grateful you found us. Your mom is an important part of The Parkview family and it makes us happy when she smiles. Sincerely, the entire staff at The Parkview.

lwelsh62 March 16, 2016

This one has potential. The rooms are a bit small, but the atmosphere is good. It’s close to the Pleasanton Senior Center (right out the back door) and they work hard to engage their residents in activities throughout the facility. The outings are not as plentiful.

Thank you for touring The Parkview and taking the time to write a review. We also love the fact that the Senior Center is at our backdoor. The Parkview activities staff strives to create a calendar of events the residents will enjoy. Check out the calendar online: http://www.eskaton.org/PDFs/calendar-parkview.pdf. If you have suggestions of other activities or outings, please give me a call. I am happy to listen to ideas to increase the happiness of our residents. Sincerely, Sylvia Zaininger Executive Director 925-461-3042

Sandee Utterback February 29, 2016

My mother is current resident. She feels very secure and carry for in the Parkview environment. All the staff make her feel at home. She is thriving and staying well. Mom will be 91 this year (2016). We are grateful to Sylvia and her wonderful team. Thank you.

Concerned Relative2 February 27, 2016

The facility is beautiful and well maintained. Even though there are lots of activities listed, if only a few members sign up the activity is cancelled, which happens too often, leaving little for the residents to do. Medication disbursement seems to be an on-going problem. Many times the Parkview nurse requesting medications from the doctor just in case. These requests cost the resident because the medications get ordered but are never needed. The food is my relative's number one complaint. It is boring and not well flavored.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We strive to provide the best experience possible. Our mission is to enhance the quality of life for the seniors we serve and bring peace of mind to family. Activities, meals and medication management are a very important part of life at The Parkview. We offer several exercise classes and entertainment times per day, plus several outings per week. When less than 3 people sign up for an activity, we substitute that activity in order to keep our residents engaged and happy. For a complete calendar of events, visit http://www.eskaton.org/PDFs/calendar-parkview.pdf. Please contact Sylvia Zaininger, executive director, at 925-461-3042 with additional details to help us improve your family's experience.

Stacy Ricca January 29, 2016

My parents have transitioned very well at Parkview because their staff is loving, and caring and made this very difficult move easier for parents. It's never easy moving your parents from their beloved home, but knowing that they are very well cared for with good meals, receive their medications, and living a beautiful setting makes it easier on the family. I would highly recommend Parkview

mshevlin January 27, 2016

Our Mom, Joan, has been at Parkview for 4 months now. We feel blessed to have found Parkview for her. The level of care here is very good and the staff is great!

gary chang November 12, 2015

After 15 years living independently on her own, it was time for mom to move to assisted living. Being involved in the care ministry for some 20 years, I have had the privaledge of visiting many facilities throughout the Bay Area. I can truly say that Sylvia Z. and her incredible staff , have made the transition for mom so much easier. Their genuine concern for her adjustment, attentention to details have been second to none.

Thank you Sylvia and staff for all you do

Pa's Fan Club October 29, 2015

I witness the caregivers being very, very upbeat and caring for my father, consistently. There is humor and cajoling and friendship. Dad agrees. The med techs do a great job being on top of medicines. The structure is maintained beautifully and decorated even better (seasonally). I feel the structure is secure overall, and, safe. There are delightful professional musical concerts periodically/talents that come in regularly, as well as many other events to choose from. People are encouraged to be involved. I feel my dad is safe and cared for very nicely. What more could I ask for.. So THANK YOU Parkview for giving me some peace of mind.

yojoybarra October 24, 2015

My mother has lived at The Parkview for more than 3-years. The executive staff at the facility were great with assisting my Mom in becoming more comfortable with the idea of assisted living. I love that the Parkview has many opportunities for her to engage with her co-residents. Although my is not a traditional card player she does enjoy the poker games and of course, she enjoys the religious services provided in-house.

The Parkview is a clean, safe and very accommodating not only to the residents of the facility but also to my family when concerns arise. Sylvia, the Director of the facility, is always available and super responsive to my family's inquiries. I truly feel the empathetic support that she and her staff provides which is a blessing when moving Mom into a new home.

Forrest Gump October 16, 2015

The Parkview is very clean and well run. It’s obvious that the Director has hired staff with the qualities necessary to create a culture of caring. Best of all, the facility is just minutes from my home which enables me to see my mother on a regular basis. Initially she didn’t like leaving her previous home, but based on the fewer number of phone calls I receive and her attitude after living there a year, I know that she likes it. She constantly talks about the very caring and friendly staff that takes the time to visit, help and talk to her. Most greet her by name when she walks down the hallway. Together with the very nice dining room and well-prepared meals, she now refers to her stay there as “being on vacation”. I’m so grateful that she appreciates such a facility. Until Parkview, she barely left her house; now she can safely walk around knowing that she if she becomes confused, she can ask any staff member for help. It is a blessed comfort for me to know that she is getting the care she needs.

Thank you Forrest for sharing your mother's experience. We know family members worry about their loved ones. It is great to hear you have peace of mind knowing that your mom is well cared for. Thank you again for taking time to let others know that life can improve when someone surrounds themselves with good people (and good food!). It is our nonprofit's mission to transform the aging experience by improving the quality of life for all older adults.

slaine October 01, 2015

Mom has been at Parkview for just over a year in one of the two-bedroom apartments. She has some hefty memory issues and I am so glad I found the Parkview. Mom is content. She feels at home. I like how the regular staff members treat the residents, with respect and patience which I know personally can be tough with memory impaired people. The place is always clean and neat with a number of activities every day. The food is fine, the facilities, activities and staff are excellent. The young people who wait in the dining room are very nice to the residents as well. This seems to be the culture the Director has created and it shows.I appreciate how the managers advocate for the residents. They see Mom much more than I do and when she could use help or attention, they let me know. And when she really needs attention, they make sure I know that too, in a professional and respectful manner and it is helpful because Mom can't tell me on her own. This is a good home for her.

Caring113363750 September 30, 2015

The Parkview was very nice, very clean, and the people were very friendly. However, it's out of the price range of my in-laws. They did have field trips and rooms for puzzles and exercise. The rooms were nice, but the kitchens were very small, and I understand why that is because they want them to come join the others in meals. The lady that gave me the tour was very nice and helpful and took me all around. I was very impressed. It was gorgeous.

Caring117486850 September 30, 2015

The lunch service for 15 family members and for residents was outstanding. Our servers were courteous and did a wonderful job. The main chefs, Kai and John were very helpful with the proportion of the food. Exceptional service!

armanda September 29, 2015

My mom lived at the Parkview for 2 years. Her care was amazing. The caregivers were excellent. She was so happy there and made many friends. There were always activities and events that were provided daily. Her final days were spent in Hospice right there at the Parkview. There was no need to move her to another facility. The end of life care provided by the staff and caregivers was so compassionate and heartfelt. Our family will be forever grateful to all of the amazing, caring, dedicated team that cared for mom.
From the Director to the kitchen staff this is a truly wonderful place to live. Food was excellent and the attention to detail was like being in a resort.

Alfred5 September 13, 2015

Parkview is the one that I didn't like at all. They were under construction because they were remodeling, and they were small. It just didn't have the feel that I was looking for for my mom. It wasn't really big, it wasn't spacious, and the rooms were kind of small. The young lady was OK. She gave me a good tour, showed me all around, and was friendly. It was kind of rushed because she was expecting somebody else, but I understood that.

Lauramaz September 07, 2015

We moved our mother to The Parkview in Pleasanton over 6 months ago and can say confidently that it was the best choice we ever made for her. Mom continues to enjoy her new home here and appreciates the attitude and help of all the personnel. She is comfortable in her big and bright unit and enjoys all the amenities that the Parkview offers. She likes her daily walks on the premises here and the lovely surroundings, as well as the musical entertainment. Silvia and Irene are always available and responsive to any questions we have. We highly recommend the Parkview!

Peggy A. September 06, 2015

My mother has lived at The Parkview for 5 years. Her caregivers have all been wonderful to her, very attentive, warm, and friendly! She feels very much at home. She enjoys the meals and has made some very close friends. I highly recommend it!

Soundoff August 16, 2015

My mother has been at the Eskaton Parkview for two years now and they have kept up with her changing needs. The administrator and staff are always accommodating when you ask them to assist in any way. The facility is very nice and is always well kept.

VictorW318 July 19, 2015

My mother-in-law has been at the Parkview for 3 and a half years. She's 99. As time has gone on, her needs have grown. The Parkview has maintained a high level of service for her and the staff is top notch. The administrator and the staff clearly care, although we see the occasional grumpy-ish associate, but never any with bad manners or mean spirits. The food, in my view, is better than adequate with restaurant style service for the seniors. But who doesn't complain about "institutional" food -- this is better than that.

I see complaints here about the cost but you get what you pay for. There are options for those of lesser means, but they would seem to require staying a while at the regular rates. Costs can be cut if there are shared suites available to a resident. There is also the possibility for subsidized rent for local residents.

We visited several facilities before placing Mother. This one was certainly the most convenient to us enabling us to visit frequently. If the Parkview is not the best, it is certainly a close second it of those we visited in the East Bay.

Tamara S. July 18, 2015

Thanks to (Parkview Director) Sylvia, Aireen and The Bridge Housing after being wait listed for 18 months I finally got the call, an apartment was available. While we were ready to secure the apartment, a family issue thwarted our efforts to the extent we lost the apartment. Devastated by losing this opportunity after 18 months of waiting, both Slyvia and Aireen were patient, understanding and assured me my mother would not lose her spot on the "Wait List" she would be called again and that this sometimes happens when some family members are skeptical of moving a parent into assisted living. After another number of months, Aireen called me again that yet another apartment opened up. We were able to traverse the family issues that had plagued us earlier and I moved my mother into Parkview a year ago this December.
Before Parkview, my mother didn't often even get up, shower or dress until 10:30 or 11:00am …..sometimes not all. She did not have daily interaction with peers, she sat home alone during the day, didn't cook for herself or drive. Mom was not getting the care and socialization that are basic human needs.

Now that Mom is in Parkview she is showered and dressed (on her on accord) by 8am every morning and down in the dining room for breakfast! She never misses a meal or Bingo or the afternoon entertainers. She loves working on the many puzzles throughout the complex and attends daily armchair exercise classes too!

From the day my mother moved into Parkview if you were to ask her what she thinks of it she will tell you, with a big smile and in her very own words "I live at the Ritz!"

Thank you Parkview Staff: Donna Medina- thank you for your time, efforts and patience in working with me while getting direct on-time pays set up properly

Reception: Always, Always, Always a big smile, kind welcome, helpful at all times Agnes, Kashia, Sindy, Vidya, Cheryl

Activites Coordinators : Patricia, Denise, Raven, Nicole Intersting and invigoration events, always fresh ideas….Patricia even had Bubba, the Horse, brought to Parkview or the residents to enjoy.

Dining room: Chef Kai, Coris, Ivan,John, Satomi, Valentin, Luz

Maintenance: Thank you for the big and little jobs…fixing mom's television when she inadvertently hits the Spanish (she's not bilingual:) button to expediting move-in comforts Rick,Jesus,Frank

Housekeeping: Esmeralda,Cristina,Hilda,Veronica Mom's apartment is always spotless clean and the ladies are always engaging and kind.

Nurses: Jolynn & Karen - Patient knowledge, exemplary follow-thru and going the extra mile when Mom was out of meds, the pharmacy fouled-up and I was out of town unable to retrieve an rx.

Resident Care & Med Techs: Melvin,Lolita,Tara,Gemma,Teresita, Inderkit, Surinder, Narinderpal, Ranjit, Nicole, Denise Maffie, Navjot, Myla, Bayarmaa, Samantha, Michelle The best of the best! The caregivers handle Mom's medicines twice a day, never miss a beat and always are gentle and caring.

I felt it important to acknowledge as many Parkview staff members by name as possible as they truly are special individuals. They treat my mother with respect and tender-hearted care on a daily basis. They are expedient in notifying me of any changes in my mother's care needs so we may partner & work together in providing a safe, healthy and invigorating lifestyle for my mother. Parkview is a place where our deserving elderly can go and have a reason to get up in the morning by living a vibrant and independent life in their golden years.

Slyvia and Aireen, you are golden!

All the staff at Parkview are Rockstars and I thank them from the bottom of my heart.

My mother now has two families.

NES568 July 07, 2015

My mother has been at The Parkview for four months. She is in the memory care section. I can highly recommend this place as the care she receives is outstanding. Every employee is caring and professional. They all go out of their way to make sure she is comfortable and happy. She has a private room. They have a lot of planned group activities, and they encourage her participation. When she arrived she was frail and underweight, but she is now back to a healthy weight and is clearly thriving.

Caring110421450 June 30, 2015

My father-in-law will be moving in to The Parkview in the middle of next month. It's very close to our home. He has a companion room, so the cost of the monthly rent is split between two people. Their food is good. The staff seems to be very friendly. They have exercise, bingo, worship services, shopping, and outings.

Caring107266250 March 08, 2015

I visited The Parkview, and I liked it very much. It had very good service, but the price was high. I needed to wait until they had vacancy for the low price. They had a one-bedroom and a studio, and I thought the studio was good already. They do exercise, and they had 24-hour care. They had better than average service.

Caring103643050 December 30, 2014

We went to The Parkview, and we like everything, but the most important thing was it was close to my house so that I could go visit my mother. It was clean, and it had a good rating from the State of California. The staff is excellent.

She has only been there about two weeks, and she is starting to participate in some of their activities. She has gone to some of the meetings and entertainment, and she is happy.

Caring88258250 July 20, 2014

My dad is in Parkview. The level of care is pretty good. My dad doesn't like the food that much. The menu isn't varied. I'm also concerned that they have a lot desserts with a lot of sugar. It's clean, attractive, and most of the staff are pretty attentive. They show movies and have exercises.

Anee1 July 20, 2014

The Parkview was the most expensive facility of all the facilities we've looked at. Their rooms were not as big as the others. The staff were good, but I didn't feel as warmly welcomed there. Their dining area was OK.

Thank you for visiting our community and taking the time to provide feedback. The Parkview, built in 2007, is one of the newer assisted living communities in Pleasanton. It has an above average amount of common space with a large multi-purpose room, library, and a grand entry with comfortable couches that feels like home to our residents. The community is adjacent to Pleasanton’s Senior Center on Sunol Blvd and next to a park where our resident enjoy daily strolls. Our cost varies depending on which of the four floor plans are selected and the level of care needed. The monthly cost includes activities, meals prepared by our talented chef, and transportation to appointments, shopping and even the farmer’s market. We invite you back to enjoy a meal in our dining room.

Caring82989250 April 22, 2014

The Parkview is all good. It's clean, the staff is very nice, but it's way too expensive. There's no way you should have to spend $8000 a month for food and care. That's way too much money for 2 people, especially when you have a lot of other people in the facility.

The only drawback of the facility, other than that, is they don't allow them to sign up for 2 meals. You have to pay for 3 meals. You may not want 3 meals because a lot of old people don't need 3 meals. They may have a little snack in the room, so they don't give them that option. If you don't use the meals, there should be an option that you get so many meals, as much as you pay for, and if you didn’t use them all, then you should be able to, until the end of the month, carry some of those meals on credit, and if a family member stops by and you invite them for lunch, it's not going to cost you any more money because you already paid for it but didn't use the meals. You can't do that because if a family member stops by and wants to have lunch or breakfast, then they charge them extra even though they didn't use all their meals.

My dad doesn't want to eat all of his meals there. He can still get out, and they can go have lunch somewhere or breakfast and we meet him. So now essentially what he's doing is he's paying twice for a meal. One he paid for that he's not using, and then he goes out and eats outside. My mom has a couple of little issues, so they pay a little extra for the issues, but here's another thing. If a person would have needed more care than they initially signed up for, I'm sure the facility wouldn't have waited 6 months to say they need more money. But when there's less care, my dad had to go to them.

Irenes-son August 04, 2013

My mother spent her last years at Parkview. When her health was good she enjoyed the staff, activities and the food. When her health began to decline, I was impressed by the excellent care she was given. I got to know the care givers, manager, medical technicians, handy man and cleaners. I am amazed at how such a great staff was hired. My mother loved them all. My family got to know the staff and was as impressed as I was. I can not imagine anyone having complaints. If I ever need such a place, I will live at Parkview.

LaurieS710 May 24, 2013

Wonderful care by the staff. My mother never lacks for attention or assistance. I am kept informed of all issues and problems and the management is always available for consultation and discussion. The rooms are kept very clean, the food is wonderful and in fact I eat there weekly with my mother and have no complaints. Parkview has daily activities and is near parks and downtown. The apartments are safe and secure and the residents are happy and engaging. I would not hesitate to recommend Parkview for anyone's parents.

jgriffith July 06, 2012

This facility was very nice, warm and inviting. They appear to not spare any expense when it comes to resident amenities. There is plenty of staff that appear to be very attentive to the individual needs of each resident. There was plenty of activities to keep the residents entertained and in good spirits. They also had a impressive memory care unit that is obviously set up to provide safety and security to the more vulnerable residents. The biggest problem with this facility however is the cost and that much of it seems to go to fluff to help sell to new residents. There was nice paintings and statues, a grand piano and large impressive lobby area. I don't know the exact rate but I know it's above $2500 per month, which in that areas is about equivalent to a nice mortgage. If you're the type of person with the means though this would be a very nice place to stay if you had to. There's a full time nursing staff that can provide basic care 24/7, you get your own room and bathroom and all of your meals prepared for you.

From The Parkview

The Parkview brings a fresh approach to assisted living and memory care in the Pleasanton area. Located adjacent to the Pleasanton Senior Center and Centennial Park, this community has easy access to all Pleasanton's amenities.

The community has been developed by a partnership of the City of Pleasanton and BRIDGE Housing. This partnership makes 31 of the 105 units available at reduced rates for individuals who meet specific income qualifications.

Parkview amenities include:
  • On-site postal, beautician and manicurist services
  • Wellness center and program
  • Weekly housekeeping
  • Scheduled transportation Monday - Friday
  • Maintenance
  • Assistance in arranging medical appointments
  • Emergency alert response system
  • Personalized care plan for each resident
  • Recreational program

Memory Care: Residents in the memory care program have studio apartments complemented by lounges, dining rooms and an enclosed courtyard. Each staff member will receive training specific to working with residents with Alzheimer's disease and similar conditions. At The Parkview, our philosophy is to blend technology with a home-like environment to enhance the independence and quality of life of each resident in the comfort of his or her own home.

Reimbursement

Private Pay

Apartment Features

Kitchenette, Temperature Control, Emergency Call System

Bathrooms: Private

Facility Features

Activities/Recreation, Beauty/Barber Shop, Chapel Services, Internet Access, Private Dining Room, Fitness Room/Gym, Gardens/Outside Patio, Facility Parking, Private Laundry, Guest Meals, Room Service, Pharmaceutical Service, Transportation

Features of The Parkview

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• State License(s): 15601283