Carlton Senior Living Pleasant Hill | Formerly Chateau Pleasant Hill

2770 Pleasant Hill Road, Pleasant Hill, CA, 94523

Reviews of Carlton Senior Living Pleasant Hill | Formerly Chateau Pleasant Hill

Barbara112283250 November 11, 2015

I moved my brother into Chateau Pleasant Hill. It's an old place but very nice. The people are very nice and accommodating, and the food is fairly good. They provide transportation to some of his medical appointments, but not all of them.

Phyllis115012750 October 30, 2015

My mother was at Chateau for two days only. We chose the place via referrals. The rooms were bright and roomy. The staff was fabulous, helpful, and friendly. Before we moved in, they took us around. We thought the activities were what she needed. The food was very good. If you didn’t want one of the two selections that were available, you could get something off their café menu, which was a big plus. I would absolutely recommend it.

Jaime5 September 16, 2015

I went and saw Chateau Pleasant Hill. The staff was really awesome. They spent a lot of time with me, and they really tried to figure out what my parent's needs were. Their room in comparison with the other places that I saw was nice. I thought that they were very accommodating. It was a little bit older and still kind of expensive for what you would get. They had activities like movies, and they had a good amenities. I liked it. I thought they were good. I would recommend it.

Julie106281550 April 28, 2015

I checked Chateau 1 and 2, and the reason why I picked that was because it was very near my house. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I saw a room that was not finished. Someone had just moved out, and they were taking the carpet out. They were going to repaint, replace the carpet, and everything. I also saw a room that someone was living in. It was small, but comparable to any place else that I had seen.

The food was fine. There seemed to be a lot of choices. They had activities every day. They took them shopping. They had little programs and exercises.

Adel1 March 18, 2015

We went to Chateau II, and we didn’t quite like it. First of all, it was a very old building, and the room was tiny even for one person. The corridors are a little bit smelly. The staff was very nice, and the lobby was nice, but the room was not and that would have been fine if the rates were good. It’s quite convenient to a lot of things; it’s across from a nice shopping center, and I think there is a hospital close by.

Caring75554350 December 27, 2013

Chateau Pleasant Hill was definitely a very nice facility. Their rooms were very nice and the people seemed to be well taken care of. They did have lots of activities all day long for them. They have people coming in all the time, bingo, exercises, and trips.

Joy2255 July 15, 2013

I couldn't believe how nice everyone was there... So sweet and genuinely helpful. Beautiful community and the activity board was packed of interesting things to do. the salad bar was wonderful and the fresh made soup was delicious. I recommend you take a look at this community in your search!

Martha9 June 07, 2013

The Chateau I, II, and III were comparable to the facility where my sister is in right now as far as being able to take care of here needs as a diabetic and in terms of the facility itself. It is very lovely. I had a friend whose mother was there and she was very happy. But, as far as how they introduced themselves, it just didn't compare. The staff was not as helpful and pleasant during the interview.

Lori8 March 01, 2013

Chateau I is close to where my mother-in-law currently live, so it's in the same neighborhood. The staff is very friendly. They seem to be very good. However, I was a little concern they never notified anybody when her blood sugar got very, very high, over 300 or 400. So I was really upset about that. Her insulin is one the things they're supposed to be monitoring.

interesting September 02, 2012

Based on what I either heard or saw when I was at Chateau I: 1.Altho residents can get simple foods at any time, for a real meal, mealtimes are at an assigned time,at an assigned table with other persons assigned to that table. While this might be necessary for some, I question if this is necessary for all residents....or is it for the convenience of the institution? Why can't residents who choose to, eat anytime between certain hours with whomever they want....or alone if desired? 2. There were no computer classes being offered, and little to no, mostly no, help at the computer I was told . I saw two computers, with one primarily for residents. And, the one computer was not for the vision-impaired ,making it really not accessible to most residents.....even if they were computer literate. In today's techy age, I find this unacceptable. 3. It seemed that visitors who chose to stay overnight in the apartment with their loved one, had to reserve a rollaway well in advance as there were limited rollaways.....was told only one, but this may not be correct; however, being limited does not make it easy for residents to enjoy this most-pleasurable happening. 4. The community TV was installed above a mantle requiring residents to look up which is both tiring and can be painful for some. In summary, I got the impression things were not done with the residents they are serving in mind. I was, truly, surprised and disappointed in the Chateau I.

LoveYaGram April 18, 2012

The people were nice enough and the facilities were well taken care of. There weren't that many extra activities and most things required moving to the other facility. This is not possible for most residents. Also, every service was billed separately, so felt a little nickel and dimed.

LisaGeron August 03, 2011

Chateau II, which provides assisted living, is a little bit hidden"”you must drive a bit up the roadway to find it. There is a beautiful grove of redwood trees outside. It is smaller and more intimate than many similar facilities, so less overwhelming for people who are used to living in smaller places.

Attention has been paid to making the whole facility safe and very accessible, with ample parking and easy door access for residents and visitors.

The décor in this pet-friendly facility is upscale and elegant, with art on the wall and fish tanks. A nice sitting room inside, where residents and visitors can gather, feels very intimate and private. There is an outside patio that residents use for socializing in the fresh air.

The rooms are not huge, but adequate for an armchair and bed; most also have a mini-kitchen and private bathroom.

The food is good and healthy California cuisine, with several choices provided and meals cooked to order on request. There is also a café that serves outside meal times.

The activities are great. There is an inhouse activity director who brings in internal and external people that address a number of different interests. Most resident really seem to enjoy the elegant weekly Happy Hours offered.

Amenities include housekeeping, laundry, and a van for taking residents to appointments. There is also a hair stylist and masseuse on the premises.

Every detail of the place seems perfect"”and well thought out. For example, in the memory care unit there is an extensive collection of tactile mementos such as tools or clothing from past time periods meant to stimulate residents' memories. Often, when visiting in the common rooms I hear residents recounting their memories with staff members who take the time and effort to stimulate a conversation.

In fact, the staff is excellent"”from reception through marketing through the nursing caregivers. They want everyone to be satisfied and are very quick to answer questions. They are also quick to follow protocol on logging entry and exit information for visitors, which is a good safety and good source of information about residents who live there. The caregivers are trained to do all but palliative and hospice care. There is an LVN on staff for diabetes care. And it's most impressive that they constantly update their services and training rather than remaining static.

Short term respite stays are available starting at $130 a day, and a huge benefit for many residents is they are able to stay if their care needs change.

If assisted living is needed in a hurry, management promises something rare: a six-hour turnaround time from inquiry to move-in. Cost for the smallest alcove apartments range from $2,895 to $3,495 to one-bedrooms at $3,195 to $3. A money-back guarantee is offered for those who wish to leave after a 70-day trial period.

The reviewer, Lisa Geron, has been a professional social worker for 8 years and has also worked in a variety of positions including care management and palliative care for several years.

EastBayGCM June 27, 2011

I've had two clients there, and both left. It has a country club atmosphere. It's a more formal retirement community, a little snootier that fits some people well, others not so well.

The facility is tall but fits on a small footprint. It's in a mixed commercial and residential neighborhood near the Martinez border. It's a nice neighborhood, well kept up. The rooms are nice, too, if a little on the small side. I recall that they're all private rooms.

The staff is very caring and professional. My only real issue has been with their management of medications. They made a mistake with one of my client's medications that was very serious.

But the ownership/management is excellent. The food is excellent. And the activities are good: games, crafts, music, happy hour every day, holiday celebrations.

The people who do best here tend to be high functioning and pretty independent. It's not for someone with dementia or other high needs.

From Carlton Senior Living Pleasant Hill

Carlton Senior Living Pleasant Hill (Formerly Chateau Pleasant Hill) offers Contra Costa County's only continuum of senior care located on a lush campus. The Chateaus are vibrant, activity-filled communities with lots of opportunities to share laughs, fun, and life with new friends.

Apartments at Carlton Senior Living Pleasant Hill boast views of California oaks, sunset hillsides or landscaped water fountains. The National Wildlife Federation has certified the Chateaus' grounds as a noted 'Backyard Wildlife Habitat,' which encourages wildlife habitation. Not surprisingly, hummingbird feeders and birdhouses are not uncommon sights and the natural environs set the tone for a beautiful living experience.

The Carlton Senior Living experience begins the moment you move in. Our move-in consultation ensures a plan is in place for both resident health care and best life needs. We work with you to create a Personal Expressions activity program and to gauge the level of personal care needed. Ongoing Family Connection Conferences help us monitor resident lifestyle changes and adapt to their healthcare needs accordingly.

Features of Carlton Senior Living Pleasant Hill

• Technology extra: Emergency call system

• Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• Minimum age: 60

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 71440541