Carlton Senior Living Downtown Pleasant Hill | Formerly Chateau III

175 Cleaveland Road, Pleasant Hill, CA, 94523

Reviews of Carlton Senior Living Downtown Pleasant Hill | Formerly Chateau III

Gene25 January 18, 2016

My mom lived at Chateau 3 Pleasant Hill before she passed away last year. It had a nice environment. The staff was extremely helpful and attentive and helped her with everything she needed. They watched movies, played quiz games, and sing-alongs together, and periodically had musicians come in. The food was OK.

AnonymousVisitor1 December 30, 2015

I thought Chateau III was terrific. It’s clean and inviting and the people were very friendly. It was right about Halloween so it was all decorated for Halloween. There were lots of folks that were out and about and families that were there. I liked the dining facility and the fact that it was set up restaurant-style. I liked that they had access to a beauty salon and also to transportation as well as on-site physical therapy.

I also liked that they had a center for memory care that was secure and also the ability to take in residents on a temporary basis for respite care or rehab or healing after a surgical procedure. You could stay for a month if you needed to. I like the fact that it wasn’t permanent, that you only had to give 30 days notice before you wanted to leave so if my parents wanted to try it for 6 months, they could and then they could change their mind and go back home. I liked that a lot of the services were a la carte.

Wow AnonymousVisitor1! What a wonderful and detailed review of our Carlton Senior Living Downtown Pleasant Hill location. Everything you said, from your recognition of the pristine environment in which we keep our Community to the lively and energetic atmosphere that our staff and residents provide, is very much appreciated. We hope that you do choose one of our many options that you had mentioned for your parents in the near future. Thank you for taking the time to not only visit but also review us. Happy New Year to you and your family.

Karen117883350 December 15, 2015

The staff at Chateau III was very nice. It was a very positive experience. The people we interacted with were extremely helpful, friendly, and seemed to genuinely care about the residents. We really liked very much the feel and atmosphere of the memory care community. There were a lot of activities scheduled. There was a lot of energy going on when we visited. The rooms were sufficient, clean, and well kept. The residents seemed very happy and engaged. We saw their dining area and some of the residents were eating while we were there. The food looked appetizing. What really impressed us was the level of activities that they had available every day and just the positive energy. It felt lively, and we really liked that.

Thank you for taking the time to review us and for your kind words Karen. We appreciate all feedback and we know our valued associates are grateful for the recognition. We are glad that you were able to experience our wonderful residents enjoying their daily activities. We take pride in our stellar environment and our enriching programming. Please come visit us again soon. Happy Holidays. Warm regards, Michael

Susie20 November 30, 2015

We loved it at Chateau III Pleasant Hill. We toured there three times. We had a meal there, and the only thing I can say is they do not salt a lot of their food. I’m sure the food is really good, but it is unsalted. I would just suggest that they season their food.

Adel1 March 16, 2015

Chateau III is new about 2 years old. It's a very nice building, and it's beautifully appointed. The dining room was very nice. We did sample the food as they asked us to stay for lunch, and it was very good. The wait staff was very attentive, and the staff was very nice too.

Caring93370850 November 27, 2014

The staff of Chateau III was very nice, and they were very accommodating. They showed me one of their units, but it was extremely tiny; it was like living in a walk-in closet. It was an active facility. They were very active with the local senior center, so that was a plus. It was clean. Their building seemed a little older to me.

Caring94215150 September 13, 2014

I visited Chateau III, where my mom is right now. It has levels of care. It’s independent, assisted, and there’s a memory unit. It was affordable and the location was good. The staff is really caring. The food is a real problem right now. The food was actually good when she first moved in. Now, it’s just not good like it used to be. They have a different chef.

They have lots of good activities. They go out on excursions. They go to lunch. They have a shuttle service to the shopping center and to church service. They take patients to their doctor’s office on Tuesdays and Thursdays -- amazing number of services for the cost. The rooms are clean, accessible, and safe. They have a housekeeping service once a week. My mom is very happy.

eyeonthescreen February 01, 2014

First the bad news...in the end my mother in law was paying about $8000 a month for all the care she was receiving through the Chateau III. $5K of that was the basic room and board; the rest was for the buffet of extras she required (e.g., dressing, bathing, meds monitoring, meals in room).

But the goods news is that we got what we paid for...truly outstanding and knowledgeable care-giving. The staff are kind and patient. The food is excellent and family days when we could all join in were frequent. I especially looked forward to the July 4th BBQ at the Chateau III. The ambiance is well lit, cheerful and very clean, without being sterile and smelling like a hospital. They have an Audubon Society approved patio garden where the residents can take in the sun and enjoy the birds flitting about.

There is an RN available at all times in emergencies and during regular work days for non-emergency care. And they have a physical therapist and work out room for those so inclined. For those who are still walking a bit, there are restaurants and shops within walking distance over flat terrain. And of course, scheduled transportation to and from shopping centers and medical appointments is readily available.

We chose the Chateau after visiting a half dozen assisted living sites. This one was by far the most cheerful and lively of them all. The residents were up and about, rather than sleeping in dark corners of a lobby like so many of the other places had to offer. There were card games, led chair exercises, and all sorts of activities going on when we toured the place.

And later we discovered the monthly trek to a nearby casino for some time at the slots. My mom in law especially loved those trips as an inveterate slot player. And we also discovered Happy Hour every TGIF when wine and hors d'ouvres are offered to go along with the live music of some local combo or piano player. In sum, the Chateau III was a generally happy place for the residents.

In her failing days, the transition to hospice was seamless. The Chateau staff gave way to the hospice care givers as my mom in law spent her last hours in her own room with her own things around her. And throughout these last hours, the Chateau staff were caring, thoughtful, and helpful.

I strongly recommend the Chateau III; it's expensive, but worth every penny.

KLD1 December 23, 2013

I am a volunteer with a hospice organization who had visited/worked with several patients here. I am always impressed by the level of care provided to the residents. Also, the facility is always immaculate. They always have tea and coffee available for residents, guests, and visitors. They also gave a lovely private dining room available to families. They also have a wonderful memory care facility. I would highly recommend this faculty and would feel comfortable ha ing my parents live here!

Caring62504550 October 30, 2013

I went to Chateau 1 and it was very upscale. Everybody seemed to be very nice. They seemed to know all the people that lived there. They had lots of activities and they had trips. Their rooms were very nice.

Donald11 September 20, 2013

I'm currently in an assisted living facility here at Chateau III. I have been here for four months now. My experience in this place is fairly good. I have three meals a day and the food is okay. The rooms are small but they're okay. Price is just about the average. They have various activities for their residents, pretty much everything. The only issue I have with Chateau III is their staff. I have problems with some of the staff and some of the management people. I don't like the way they operate this establishment. I've run organizations like this before, even larger than this, and I had done very well with them, that's why I'm saying what I'm saying.

SueZQ1 August 15, 2013

Would recommend but, as with any facility, would also encourage you to visit your loved one regularly so the provider knows you are paying attention. One of us was with Dad every evening and several of us also knew the names and duties of daytime staff

Mary7 May 12, 2012

What I like about this place is that it was available right away. We didn't have to wait. It was very nice and the people are friendly. It's a very pleasant place. The staff is good to my parents and they check on them all the time. Their rooms are larger than most of the places I inquired. They even have a sitting area in their room. The food is very good and I would really recommend this place to others. They are happier now since they moved in.

frnchmani9 August 12, 2011

The staff is so caring and treated my grandmother with repect and dignity. Our family enjoyed going to the happy hours, jazz concerts, BBQ's, fashion shows and many other great events they hosted. The quality of care was more then we ever expected and they caught things I am not sure anyone else would have. They are hands on and kept the lines of communication open with our family. I would like to live in Chateau III when I am ready to retire.

Lisa Geron August 03, 2011

This assisted living center is run by Carlton Senior Living, a family-owned business that operates a number of facilities in northern California; family members are still involved in the operation.

It focuses on residents who have special care needs, such as diabetes management, and includes a separate dementia center.

The building has a tropical feel, with very open spaces and a foyer that opens into a nice sitting room. The outside grounds are planted with flowers and shrubs and a lot of verdant vegetation, with a meandering path in the back.

Inside, there's a very nice and colorful activity room, with an activity director on staff who plans appropriate and engaging activities including music trivia, bingo, Happy Hours, and senior fitness classes. There's also a 24-hour café and same dining services

The staff is very nice"”and a standout is the chef, who is exceedingly pleasant, personable, and attentive; there is never a problem accommodating personal tastes or even getting food made to order.

The caregiving staff wear radio talkie-talkies"”and they respond immediately in a helpful way; the set up is not like many facilities that have a nursing station, where there is often little attention or follow-up.

The cost for care and housing starts at $3,895 per month. A money-back guarantee is offered for those who wish to leave after a 70-day trial period.

The facility also operates an excellent website, which is clear and easy to use and includes lots of good information, including prices.

The reviewer, Lisa Geron, has been a professional social worker for 8 years and has also worked in a variety of positions including care management and palliative care for several years.

EastBayGCM June 27, 2011

I've had quite a few clients there"”in the dementia unit, assisted living, and independent living. I've also had hospice patients there. And it's been a very good choice for them.

It's a lovely facility, with both private and shared rooms in assisted living and shared rooms only in the dementia unit. It's in a nice residential area close to downtown Pleasant Hill shops and restaurants and close to the Pleasant Hill senior center. They have lovely garden areas and good parking.

The staff is VERY caring. I've seen them deal with a lot of difficult problems"”family issues, legal issues"”and they've handled it all beautifully. They have an RN on staff who provides diabetic care, too, which is unusual and a real plus. There's little turnover. And it's family owned: high quality, hands on.

The food is excellent, and they have many, many activities. They're always celebrating something, and there's always seasonal décor.

From Carlton Senior Living Downtown Pleasant Hill

Carlton Senior Living Downtown Pleasant Hill (Formerly Chateau III) is a senior assisted living community that also specializes in Dementia and Alzheimer's Memory Care. Carlton Senior Living Downtown Pleasant Hill is unique in the fact that it caters to active independent seniors as well as seniors needing a whole array of assisted living services from dressing, bathing to medication management. This community offers housekeeping, laundry, 3 hot meals a day and transportation services. Please call us for a brochure and a tour.

• Restaurant-style anytime dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner, with a wide variety of menu items, including diabetic-friendly options.
  • 24-hour Carlton Café.
  • Room service when needed for temporary illness.
  • The very popular Live 2B Healthy® senior fitness program.
  • Emergency call system and 24-hour staffing.
  • Weekly housekeeping and linen service.
  • Weekly personal laundry service.
  • Convenient transportation with wheelchair access to scheduled activities and appointments.
  • Apartment maintenance.
  • Water, garbage and electricity.
  • Low step and roll-in showers.
  • Individual heating and air conditioning controls.
  • Full schedule of Personal Expressions activities.

Features of Carlton Senior Living Downtown Pleasant Hill

• Technology extra: Emergency call system

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental