Aegis of Pleasant Hill

1660 Oak Park Boulevard, Pleasant Hill, CA, 94523

Reviews of Aegis of Pleasant Hill

Denmarc June 21, 2012

They say they will engage your family member in activities, but nobody comes to the room unless they're delivering medication. We even had to call the manager's cell number, because when we used the service button (on a weekend) for some help in the room, nobody came. The manager got on the staff's case about it at the time, but how often does that happen? When we decided the assisted living area was insufficient for my father-in-law, and moved him to the memory unit, the quality of the food noticeably declined. They didn't seem to have enough staff to see my father-in-law to the bathroom during an exercise class. First, the teacher told my father-in-law he may not leave the clase, then he stopped the class to walk him to the toilet. Shouldn't he have called someone else to do that? I think the way to go is a small house set up as an elder foster care home. My mother-in-law calls them board & care. My father-in-law is moving to one of those this week. He should get much more individualized attention with just 4 elders to care for - and better food!

Carol K July 27, 2011

Staff are very caring and answer any questions regarding my mother's care. Staff have provided family support during difficult transition period and provided education regarding her condition.

From Aegis of Pleasant Hill

As the first Aegis community, we are proud to be the hallmark of elegant senior living. Aegis of Pleasant Hill provides our residents a warm, friendly home in a design of classic English influence. Friends and family gather in well appointed living rooms, share gardening projects in our raised flower beds or enjoy quiet reflection by our courtyard fountain. Where laughter and hugs are always the .faire of the day,' our residents become our extended families. We are privileged to share the memories of their rich pasts and their friendship today.

Our Assisted Living community has 53 private studio and one-bedroom apartments. In Life's Neighborhood, we have 26 private studios designed for seniors living with Alzheimer's or other forms of dementia.

Aegis of Pleasant Hill has easy access to the I-680 freeway, the main artery through the East Bay. We are conveniently located near John Muir/Mt. Diablo Medical Centers, Kaiser Hospital, public transportation, popular shopping malls and

Features of Aegis of Pleasant Hill