Prestonwood Court

7001 West Plano Parkway, Plano, TX, 75093

Reviews of Prestonwood Court

Caring97986750 December 22, 2014

I thought Prestonwood Court looked like a place my parents would like. The room is small, but the staff is very friendly. I believe they do have entertainment and movies.

OliviaR June 27, 2014

I cannot speak highly enough of Prestonwood Court. I visited PWC in January 2013 and met with Amy, who is awesome. Amy gave me a tour, asked many questions about my Mother, and provided me with a lot of valuable information. At the time, my Mother was in a nursing rehab in NY, and Amy continued to follow up with me concerning my Mother's progress and recovery following a fall and hemorrhagic stroke. I visited PWC several more times and was given the same initial time, tour and courtesy. Once my Mother moved to a nursing rehab in Dallas in May 2013, Amy and Rose visited my Mother to welcome her to Texas. My Mother moved into PWC in late July 2013 and she couldn't be happier. The staff is extremely caring and provides the highest level of care. Susan, Sonia and Debra have been wonderful to work with, and are always available and responsive to any questions, and take the time to fully review and discuss my Mother's care. The attendants are truly loving, caring, friendly, patient and responsive and strive to make the residents feel at home, and become involved within the community. I visit my Mother every day and speak often to many of the residents, who speak very highly of PWC and the smiles on their faces speaks a thousand words. PWC is extremely well organized, clean, elegant decor with wide hallways. The apartments are larger than many of the other assisted living facilities I researched. The food is excellent, and my Mother loves the variety. PWC offers so much, and something for every resident's interest. The variety of activities and outings is excellent - well beyond bingo. I wouldn't want my Mother anywhere else!!!

Carol78700250 February 28, 2014

Grandma is at Prestonwood Court for seven weeks now. We really like the marketing woman that accommodated us. She was just really personable and we felt like it was overall extremely high quality facility. It's very clean with really good food. It's a nice small community. Overall, the staff is very good. The one thing I am concerned about is that they don’t have enough activities. They only have activities until about early dinner. We really would have liked them to a have maybe a 7 o'clock movie. The food in the dining room is very good and really fresh, but I think the service could definitely improve more.

Caring73897850 November 20, 2013

I like the size of Prestonwood Court and the layout is a three-story. There are about 125 to 130 apartments altogether. The room is a little larger than most and they cost a little more. It's not like home but it's pretty nice. The staff has been very nice. The meals are $8 per meal. There are actually four dining rooms and one of these is for guests or prospects. Most days they have a movie in the afternoon. They have a bus service to take you to appointments on Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning. On Tuesday morning, it's short errands. On Thursday morning, they take you to Wal-Mart nearby. On Friday, they have happy hour in the afternoon and they have church service at two o'clock on Sunday.

gldfsh October 22, 2013

I’d like to relate my family’s experience with Prestonwood Court in Plano.

About four years ago our mother’s health began to deteriorate. Mom and Dad had lived in Fort Worth for many years but my brother and I had each moved away; he to Houston and me to Carrollton. Mom had taken care of Dad for many, many years but now she needed help. Looking back, it was probably too late. Maybe if we had done something sooner, Mom would still be with us.

My brother and I looked at at least a dozen assisted living communities in and around Carrollton and Plano. At each place we visited, there always seemed to be some down side but we needed to make a decision so we settled on a place that we felt like was the best of what we’d seen. And at that, I was uncomfortable about the fact that the place we had chosen had three stories but only one elevator.

The week my brother and I made the choice, I happened to be out with some friends and happened to mention what I’d been up to that week but that I felt like we were settling. A friend suggested I visit Prestonwood Court in Plano. Her mother was there and not only was she happy with it but the whole family talked about what a positive experience they had had there.

The next morning I dropped by Prestonwood Court for a tour. The young lady who showed me around listened very closely to the very specific needs we had for both my parents. Mom was really going to take some convincing but this was clearly the place my brother and I had been looking for.

Dad was very involved in water aerobics and several places we’d visited had a shuttle that would take residents to a pool a couple times a week. Prestonwood Court has its own indoor pool, extensive workout facility and a comprehensive activities department!

Once the tour was over I explained that I was very impressed with Prestonwood Court and if it were completely up to me, I would make a deposit right then. The fact was, I needed to get my brother by there so he could see for himself. Within a few days he was able to come by for a tour for himself and deposited right away.

Ultimately, our Mom passed before she was able to move into Prestonwood Court with Dad but he did move there and has been there for over four years now. The staff have been very accommodating of his needs. They do so many things that he can’t do for himself anymore. Being legally blind, accommodations have been made like cutting up his food and telling him where things are on the plate at each meal.

Dad looks forward to his chair aerobics now, enjoys kicking butt at a couple games of Scrabble each week and a glass of wine at happy hour each Friday. My brother and I are very happy with our family’s experience at Prestonwood Court. If you’re considering a place where your family member can be well taken care of and become part of a happy extended family, we would definitely recommend you stop by Prestonwood Court and see for yourself.

Caring71530850 October 09, 2013

Prestonwood Court was very nice. I felt that it was homey and the staff was very friendly. Their food looked very good. Their rooms were very nice. They also had lots of activities.

Mizzou August 22, 2013

My husband and I looked at many assisted living communities prior to making our decision for my mother. We chose PWC primarily because of the level of care we believed she would receive and for the adequate number of staff and caregivers that were evident in the halls, offices, and activity areas. They do not seem to be short-staffed; and to us, that was essential! Mother has settled into the community nicely now. The caregivers are attentive, demonstrating consistent watchfulness day-after-day. They are well trained to follow each resident's "care-plan"�; and, by the way, Mom's "care-plan" was designed within 24 hours of our move-in! Prompt and efficient! We have experienced all the staff checking with us to make sure Mom has what she needs to adjust to the community and improve her health. Her health has, indeed, improved! I give much credit to the Executive Director and Director of Resident Care. There is consistent care, consistent resources, and consistent staffing. I see little turnover, which is a recognized indicator of a stable and contented work environment. I encourage everyone to make a list of what your loved one's needs are. Present that list to any marketing team and ask the question: "Are you staffed to provide for these needs?" It's an honest and up-front way to do business, in my opinion. Bottom line: We made a very good decision choosing PWC.

JanetR August 20, 2013

We have just passed the year marker for my mother living at Prestonwood Court. I have nothing but praises for this assisted living facility. Amy helped us tour the facility. She took all the time necessary to answer all of our questions and concerns. She asked many questions about our mom.. likes,dislikes and things that mom enjoyed doing. I did appreciate the multiple times I returned to show other family members the facility she was always cheerful and happy to make one more round with us. Arnett was another helpful staff member that offered to come to my moms house to help us choose furniture that would be the most functional for moms new home at PC. I appreciated her input as we narrowed down what we would bring she was careful to listen to what things my mom loved and would want to have with her. Mom loves her new home. The room was set up with her familiar things and PC just looked like home. I did visit several other facilities but this one just stood out and there was no other that compared to the feeling we had when we walked thru the door. Warm,inviting,clean and very friendly. Mom has enjoyed so many things living at PC. From the Fall Bazaar,Christmas Luncheon and monthly birthday celebrations there is always something fun for her to be apart of. Susan and Sonya have done a stellar job meeting with us at a moments notice concerning moms level of care. They are very hands on and are so good about contacting us talking thru moms care. Again, they have gone above and beyond the call of duty. Blessed to call this place home for my mom.

Bill25 August 15, 2013

Among the 10 facilities I have visited for my wife, Prestonwood Court is what I would consider to be average. I just saw a lack of activity there and nothing stood out for me. It was clean but I was not interested in it after seeing it.

graciestein June 25, 2013

I was not a fan of the facility at all. The marketing staff was super unprofessional (I won't name names but she had zero personality) and acted rushed to complete our tour. Asked NO questions about my mother specifically and was very impersonal. I chose another facility that I could not be happier with. Just being honest.

ADFriend December 12, 2012

Clean, well kept facility with pleasant staff. Food is good and varied. Nice indoor pool and exercise gym. I rate only 3 stars because they need to offer more activities to the residents to help keep them engaged and active.

Caring9007 December 07, 2012

Prestonwood Court is obviously a top-end place. It's nice and well-run. If I have to put my wife somewhere, that would be the place.

scotchm May 16, 2012

Prestonwood Courts is a relatively nice retirement community. They provide a lot of activities for their residents and give them plenty of opportunities to interact and get to know one another. There are also a lot of great amenities such as the pool, game room and plenty of nice areas outside to enjoy the day. Pets are allowed and a small dog run is available for people to play fetch or just let their dogs run around, although the dogs need to be quite small. I have not had a ton of experience with their staff members as the residents are quite independent, but the ones I have met have been very kind and respectful and they genuinely care about the well-being of the people in their community. Some residents can be a handful and they really should not be in assisted living, but other than that most residents are great. Parking can be an issue, especially with residents who are not supposed to be driving and minor accidents have occurred, but it is a very safe area. Overall it is a great retirement community.

juljez2 May 06, 2012

here are not enough stars to show how highly I think of Prestonwood Court (PWC). My Mother lived there for nine happy months. The facility itself is very nice - it's attractive, clean, relatively new and very nicely appointed. Management and staff are exceptional. Rose Daughety, the executive director, has a knack for hiring great, caring staff. I was 100% pleased and had complete peace of mind with my Mother in their care. Not only is the care excellent, but PWC has an ongoing program of interesting, fun activities, plus they supplement it with a lot of special events. They never miss an occasion to make residents feel special - Kentucky Derby Day, Mother-Daughter Christmas Tea, Bastille Day, etc. - any excuse for a party. Also, caregivers are never too busy to sit down and spend time with a resident who needs a little extra TLC. It's apparent that management has defined their jobs to be more than just physical care taking. Families are welcome at any time and made to feel like PWC is their home too. They are very happy to have residents bring their beloved cats and dogs to live with them, which says something about the facility. (A lot of places we looked at accepted pets, but weren't particularly welcoming of them.) My Mother has now moved on, but I still call PWC occasionally for something, and they are just as responsive and make me feel just as welcome as when I was paying rent. This is truly an exceptional place. We are lucky to have found it.

Kay Paggi May 06, 2011

This is a beautiful, relatively new building, in northwest Plano, TX. It's owned and managed by the same company, twelve oaks, that manages Caruth Haven in Dallas. It's assisted living primarily, with a few rooms in a secure memory care area.

The best thing about this community is its activities -- they're exactly right for the residents. Most of their residents are affluent and used to having stimulating activities as part of their daily routine, and this lifestyle is continued after moving into Prestonwood.

Most of the rooms are one bedroom apartments with a small kitchenette area. There is a movie theater, a spa, and an indoor heated salt water pool, a Wii, and personal trainer. All these fit in with a previous lifestyle of gracious living. Pets are allowed.

There are the usual complaints about the food. Most of the attendants are not native English speakers, which makes it difficult for residents who are hearing impaired.

On the whole this is an excellent, if pricey, community.

Kay Paggi, GCM, LPC, CGC, MA, is in private practice as a geriatric care manager and is on the advisory board for the Emeritus Program at Richland College. She has worked with seniors for nearly 20 years as a licensed professional counselor, certified gerontological counselor, and certified geriatric care manager.

From Prestonwood Court

Prestonwood Court is an assisted living and memory care community located in Plano, Texas, surrounded by homes, churches, shopping, rehabilitation facilities and hospitals. We are beautifully decorated with wide halls, comfortable seating, care stations on each of our three floors along with four different floor plans to choose from. Memory care is a special section with its own dining, activities and programs and all residents are welcome to entertainment and special events in the main living room in assisted living. 12 Oaks Senior Living, our management company, is committed to providing a quality life for all residents and their families.

All residents are members of the Premier Club and thus can enjoy the health club, pool, group exercise classes and options for personal training and massage. Medication management is included in our basic cost when perscriptions are blister packed. We offer a variety of activities, musical entertainment and excursions every week. Three delicious meals are included and served restaurant style offering ample social time. We have a dining section families can reserve for special or private gatherings. Scheduled transportation is provided for doctors' appointments, special outside lunches and errands.

Features of Prestonwood Court

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Housing extra: We have one shared private and one semi-private in Memory Care.
  • Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Pool
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Minimum memory care rate: $5,400/month

• Staff patient ratio: 10:1
  • Minimum age: Variable in regards to care level

• Licenses: AL 137146

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Prestonwood Court