Brookdale Spring Creek Gardens

6410 Old Orchard Drive, Plano, TX, 75023

Reviews of Brookdale Spring Creek Gardens

Gary38 September 23, 2014

At Spring Creek Gardens, they have individual physical therapy. Also, they usually have some type of gaming activities, i.e., board games, card games and things like that. They did have an activity calendar. The rooms there were good. I thought they were quite appropriate. I couldn't say they need to improve on something because they're doing a pretty good job.

Susan89809450 August 26, 2014

My dad is living there. He is in Emeritus at Spring Creek Garden. It was recommended to me by Caring.com. We looked at that one second and we liked it better. The other seemed to be older. There seemed to be not as much room. You didn’t get the feeling of space like you do at Spring Creek Gardens. You have to understand that my dad is a complainer so he’s going to find something wrong with everything. He complains right now about the noise. He’s right next to memory care and the door opens and shuts a lot. He complains a lot about that. But then again, he is VERY sensitive to noise. Everywhere we’ve moved him, there would have been some kind of noise. That’s the issue there. His accommodations are fine. I liked them VERY much. I think it suits him well. We had it repainted and had a new floor put in -- we did have to pay for that, but we decorated it nicely and I think he’s very comfortable there. His bathroom is nice. He has a beautiful bay window in it. He has lots of light. He is far away from the dining room -- at least far away from him but not too far. The food is good there. The people are wonderful; they’re so nice. I feel that they’re one big happy family; I really do! I’m very happy with him there. I guess the only issue I would complain about is that a couple of things have been lost in the laundry. That would be the only thing. My dad has dementia -- should he ever go to memory care, it would be a seamless transition for him.

Dick9 August 07, 2014

My brother just moved in to Emeritus. There was a doctor that came in every week. They had a little cord around their necks -- a GPS-type system -- that would notify them if he fell or needed anything. He would just push the button and an aide would come in and know exactly where he is. His room does not have a kitchenette, but there is a small space where he has a small refrigerator and a microwave.

Every 2 months, they have a family dinner where all the families are invited with some entertainment. I could tell from the people who were in attendance that they all seemed to be pretty happy. He did mention this morning that there was a group of men sitting outside after breakfast talking with each other, which he appreciates. One of the factors that helped us choose Emeritus was that a friend of our mother's was there for 3 years. That's the big thing.

Caring50753050 May 30, 2014

Emeritus at Spring Creek Gardens is a much smaller place, and it was very nice. The person who gave me the tour was extremely helpful and friendly. In their memory care section, they had the residents making projects for Valentine's Day, which was very nice. They were all enthusiastic about that.

Caring78226850 February 26, 2014

Emeritus is only 7 minutes from my home. They have a lot of area outside the apartment. It has a nice walking park directly across the street with a trail. That, for us, was important and they have an outside porch to sit on when she wants to just sit outside, a library with a computer, cable is included for her favorite shows which is only on one channel. You can eat on the sun porch or in the dining room. They have a courtyard in the middle. My friend has a dog. They let her have her dog. She can take the dog right out there in the courtyard and now it can run around.

The rooms were far more spacious. The space is for one person but it’s more like a studio apartment than just a room with a space with chairs. They have a nice area that they have for a sitting area and plenty of room for a queen-sized bed plus the sitting area so it’s very nice. On the larger room, the sitting area is probably 11 x 10 because you have a bedroom chest, dresser and then they have room for a recliner, a love seat and a table. The dining area had plenty of room to navigate with wheelchairs and the food is absolutely outstanding.

She doesn’t like activities but she likes to walk. She’s still socializing. She likes the fact that people come in and look after her and they’re friendly and that she can do her own laundry even though they have the laundry service but her big thing is the food. We’ve had so much trouble with the food from where she lived before. She couldn’t eat and she was losing weight and I think she would put up with anything as long as they keep feeding her. She is in the middle of some serious dental issues so she has no teeth at the moment. They always make sure she has food that she can eat and then if she can’t make it to the dining room, they bring it on a tray, on a plate, very appetizing. So the biggest thing was keeping her nourished.

Caring59145150 December 27, 2013

My father is still in Emeritus at Spring Creek Gardens because I'm not convinced that anybody can do better than they can. He is in the assisted living facility but they have a memory care wing too. Their assisted living is good for people without significant problems. I like it because they have respite care available.

I don't like that the night shift is understaffed. They need more people. My dad is the crankiest person. They either don’t have the personal strings to do what they say or they don’t have time. However, they do extremely well with people that are nice and pleasant. There's also a lot of stuff for them but he won't do anything. Quite a few of the residents partake in playing bingo, singing songs, doing Bible study and crafts.

Jan24 November 27, 2013

I thought the Emeritus at Spring Creek Gardens was very nice. I was very impressed with the fact that one of the residents had a garden out in the middle of the courtyard. They have activities and as a matter of fact, people were playing cards while I was there.

Helen22 August 01, 2013

Emeritus at Spring Creek Gardens was a lovely facility. It was very neat, very clean and modern looking. They had different levels of care. But their price was a little higher.

Gary14 May 30, 2013

I visited Emeritus at Spring Creek Gardens and the staff were very helpful, kind, nice and warm. The dining room and everything else were nice and elegant. It was a very clean facility. I would suggest this place to others.

Caring 2532 May 24, 2013

We thought of transferring my father-in-law so we visited Emeritus. We liked the facility because it was smaller, it was not a multi-story building, and there was an interior courtyard. The residents could go out into the large courtyard, yet the building surrounds it. The room we looked in had a lot of windows and opened out over an area he could look at the view.

commercesd June 14, 2012

The Emeritus at Spring Creek Gardens seemed like a great community for seniors. We have been visiting facilities in the region for my brother's friend. The grounds looked clean, well manicured and had lots of space for seniors to enjoy themselves.

They cater to a variety of types of people and design their care plan accordingly. We could see that the staff is well trained to handle all resident needs.

The food looked and smelled nutritious and delicious and there was a nice variety of choices. There are plenty of opportunities and encouragement for exercise. Events included every kind of cultural and intellectual activity imaginable.

Private living spaces were safely designed, had nice furnishings and was nicely decorated. Communal areas all had plenty of space, comfortable and accessible furnishings and was pleasant to be in.

We would recommend that those interested check it out.

Caring500531 February 28, 2012

I am still in my search for a place for my aging parent. Back in August I had an opportunity to visit with Spring Creek Gardens. It was a nice facility. I had an overall good experience. The tour guide was very efficient. I especially liked her ability to sit down and really ask about my needs.. She showed a genuine interest it making sure it was a good fit for my family even though I had not fully come to making a decision right away. I would recommend them to family and friends.

From Brookdale Spring Creek Gardens

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Spring Creek Gardens