Somerset Gardens Senior Living

150 Sunnyside Blvd, Plainview, NY, 11803

Reviews of Somerset Gardens Senior Living

Anonymous116583850 November 30, 2015

Somerset Gardens was very nice and clean. It’s a smaller scale, which is very good, and I thought more individual attention. Everybody seemed very nice, and even the people that lived there seemed to enjoy it too.

Caring107907350 June 23, 2015

I liked that the studio was large and they had outdoor balconies, but as soon as I went in Somerset Gardens, I knew that it wasn't the right place for me. It's a converted hotel, so I wasn't interested in it. I only asked to see the studio, and it was nice.

Caring105486650 May 02, 2015

Somerset Gardens is very nice. Everybody is very helpful, very friendly, and very caring. The facility is very nice and clean. So far, so good. The apartment is very nice and spacious. It has a little kitchenette area and a nice bathroom. I had one meal, and I think the food is satisfactory. It's what you would expect. Some days are better than others, but they have a nice menu selection. They also have activities like bingo, singing, exercises, movies, and cards. They could improve on the food.

Caring108170450 March 23, 2015

The staff were very patient and answered all my questions. They had standard activities like trips to the mall and bingo. The thing that I did not love about Somerset Gardens is that it is directly off the expressway in Long Island. It's a little bit of an awkward spot -- not a pretty area. The building itself is nice, and the rooms are nice, but the location is a little bit funny and not very homey.

Caring94629350 October 06, 2014

Somerset Gardens was very, very nice. It was a hotel that was converted into a senior living. That’s why it actually felt like a hotel. The people there loved the place. There were a lot of things for them to do: they had music going, they have dancing, and playing cards in one area. They took them to the mall. They took them to parks. They have different things every week. They had food being served at any time during the day. That was very nice because you didn’t have to exactly eat within a 2-hour frame throughout the whole day.

Caring94682550 September 23, 2014

When we walked in at Somerset, it looked nice and less expensive. They’re doing well and things looked okay. The rooms are nice and spacious; both of them are in a private room. It is not crowded and there is room to get around. The dining room is nice too.

Caring5808 September 17, 2014

Besides assisted living, my father-in-law also needs dementia care, and Somerset Gardens Senior Living has both, which all these other places don't have. Not only that, but he gets really good care. They look after him, check him out every two hours, and take him out of his room in the morning. They feed, dress, and shave him. Then, they give him his pills, and they really take care of him. He seems to be very happy there. He has a nice room that has got a bed in it, a dresser, a couple of chairs, and his own bathroom, and he is all by himself.

Caring9064 October 30, 2013

The price with Somerset is very good. My mom was in a waiting list there but by the time that it was available, my mother didn't want to move there anymore. The place is clean and the people are nice. The environment there was good.

Audrey3 December 26, 2012

Somerset Gardens is in a good location. It is a good facility. The caring is amazing. My dad is in the dementia unit. He is clean, he is fed, he's medicated well, and he's comfortable as possible. We're definitely getting the money for it. The food is good. I met with the chef, he was accommodating. Dad's room is perfect. His bed is clean, everything is maintained and spotless.

James0972 June 26, 2012

When I first realized Mom needed more care than I could provide, I started searching for a place where she could be happy, and a place she could call home. From the first time I walked into The Chelsea, I knew this was the right place for Mom. It was very warm, clean and friendly. In addition to the many activities for my mother and the other residents, the Chelsea provides many special events that include families from car shows and casino nights to holiday parties and egg hunts. Everyone is made to feel very welcomed. The staff is wonderful. No request is too much! My mom says it was more than she expected, she meet new friends, and she loves there good food. I feel very comfortable that my mom is there and being well taken care of, they help her bath, make sure she takes, her meds, are there for her on call! And she still has her privacy!It is like a big family!

ERP April 29, 2012

Since January 2011 things have changed at Somerset and I would no longer recommend it, in fact things got so bad that my family and I looked for and found a new place for my husband. There was a waiting list and it wasn't until the end of February 2012 that we were able to move my husband. Meanwhile we hired an Aide 24/7 to give him the care he deserved. I observed that by December 2011 there were 12 unoccupied beds at Somerset. We are very pleased with the new facility.

People December 21, 2010

Somerset Gardens

My husband has spent the last two years as a resident on the secure floor of Somerset Gardens. He has Alzheimer's. He is getting excellent, thoughtful care. I am encouraged to visit at any time and as often as I care to. He seems very happy there. He has a large private room & bath with a small refrigerator which I keep filled with snacks that he likes.There are activities which he is encouraged to participate in, but allowed to just observe if that is what he wants to do. I would highly recommend Somerset Gardens to anyone looking for excellent care.

From Somerset Gardens Senior Living

At Somerset Gardens, our goal is to provide a superior living alternative for seniors, understanding that each individual is unique and has different needs.

With our personalized approach, our residents enjoy all the comforts of home and a sense of security knowing that help is near by if it is ever needed.

We look forward to introducing you to our dedicated team and demonstrating their commitment to quality care. Come tour Somerset Gardens today to experience all the warmth and comfort of home

Features of Somerset Gardens Senior Living

• Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Coffee shop
  • Features extra: Library

• Religious services

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $5,340/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• We help families understand VA benefits