Wingate Residences at Melbourne Place

140 Melbourne Road, Pittsfield, MA, 01201

Reviews of Wingate Residences at Melbourne Place

May 24, 2015

Aunt and uncle have been here for the past five years, and we assisted them when they moved in. We are very pleased with the cleanliness, the overall appearance of the building, the rooms, and all the things that they had offer. The experience has been very positive. Fortunately, she has not needed much assistance; her husband did, and we actually had to bring in outside care for 24hours a day for probably six months, and then he passed away. There’s lot of activities that she is now taking advantage of that she didn’t do before because she was always trying to tend to him. She is 96. What she likes to complain about is the food as she is used to very fine dining. We have actually been there a few times, and it has been very good. They are very receptive to all of her concerns, and they tried to address them.

Thank you for the nice compliments and taking the time to share them. It's great feedback that your aunt enjoys our activities. Our area is so rich in the arts and culture, it adds to the caliber of activities we can offer. And, you're invited to share a meal with us whenever you can!

April 23, 2015

By Nephew2

The quality of the service was excellent. The staff, without exception, was caring and well-trained. The memory care unit provided superb support and attention for all aspects of the resident's care.

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words. We work hard to provide the best of care to our residents, and we’re thrilled your friend or relative enjoyed their experience with us. We are always here when you need us.

December 28, 2014

By Linda103495750

I no longer worry about my mother. The staff is more kind and caring than I ever anticipated. She is happy too and greatly appreciates the support she receives.

A lovely compliment; AND nothing is better than knowing our residents are happy. Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

October 31, 2014

By Beth28

For the past 3 years, my 88 year old aunt Shirley has received warm, patient, tender care. I trust all of the staff with her care as I live 2 hours away. Fabulous facility!

September 01, 2014

By Anita15

My mother has been a resident at Melbourne Place for 1 1/2 years. The care and attention from the entire staff has been wonderful. Everyone is always so helpful and knowledgable. They are all kind to us. Our entire family sleeps well knowing our mom is so well cared for!

August 17, 2014

By Jim97549350

I am so grateful for the service of being transported to medical appointments and even trips to my bank. I even want to compliment the drivers Coleen, Richard, and Stanley.

July 18, 2014

By Susan96125150

I am very happy with the way they cooperated with me and the care that my mom is given. I am the one who sees my mom every day and they are very good. The nurses are very efficient and excellent. The CNA's and aides are doing a good job and very helpful. I think they are doing the best they can. Mom is 97 and they are cooperative with her. Though she had a fall again the other day because she fails to ask for help, she's getting better. They have really been wonderful and I have very good reports about them. I feel very fortunate right now.

March 31, 2014

The staff is wonderful. They go one extra mile to support the residents. They are never to busy to give a smile or hug. Everyone including the dinning room staff show respect and warmth to the residents.

January 31, 2014

By David73859450

It was only two blocks away from me. It was really nice, clean and quiet. The staff seemed to be doing a pretty good job because the residents seemed to be happy. However, it was expensive.

December 30, 2013

By Lee10

I had no problems when I went there. The facility is fine and everybody seemed happy. Each room has its own heating and air conditioning system. I haven’t eaten there, but their dining room seemed very nice. The facility overall seemed pleasant and everything seemed accessible.

November 27, 2013

By Dot3

We visited this community. The place was gorgeous and everybody seemed to be very nice. It's a gorgeous building. The surrounding is just so friendly and so homey. They had a big country kitchen with tables all around. There's a big wooden area outside. They had a big bird in a cage which the people enjoyed every much. They have a gorgeous library and they do puzzles. They had a beautiful dining room and they get to choose from a menu. I was very excited about going there, but they tell me one thing and then they say something different after. They told me that the price is state regulated and then they also told me that it’s not state regulated.

Thanks for the positive comments; we appreciate them. On the “state-regulated” pricing question, we apologize for the confusion. To be clear, we offer state-subsidized pricing for residents who meet the state requirements for this benefit. We encourage individuals to apply for this benefit, but the state determines who is eligible.

Photos of Wingate Residences at Melbourne Place

Features of Wingate Residences at Melbourne Place

• Minimum Memory Cost: $5025/month
  • Fee Structure Extra: We Charge A $2,500 One Time Community Fee. There Is Basic Level One Half Hour Of Accumulative Care Which Is Included In The Rent. A Resident Can Purchase Additional One Half Hours Per Day For $495 For Each Additional One Half Hour.

• Minimum Age: None

About Wingate Residences at Melbourne Place

A warm and active community, Wingate Residences at Melbourne Place is in a peaceful location with amazing vistas. High ceilings and large windows create a light and airy atmosphere. Residents are kept busy seven days a week by our full time activities and physical fitness directors. Our executive dining services manager offers a creative menu with varied selections. Our Memory Care program offers a secure and individualized haven for those with Alzheimer's and dementia - special care is given to provide security and a feeling of self assurance.

The Club, in Traditional assisted living, is available to residents who have short-term memory issues but who do not yet need a secured environment. Namaste in Memory Care is designed to offer special comfort to those who are either too far along in their journey to enjoy activities or those who are experiencing anxiety issues.

Map of Wingate Residences at Melbourne Place