Wingate Residences at Melbourne Place

140 Melbourne Road, Pittsfield, MA, 01201

Reviews of Wingate Residences at Melbourne Place

Caring106869050 May 24, 2015

Aunt and uncle have been at EPOCH for the past five years, and we assisted them when they moved in. We are very pleased with the cleanliness, the overall appearance of the building, the rooms, and all the things that they had offer. The experience has been very positive. Fortunately, she has not needed much assistance; her husband did, and we actually had to bring in outside care for 24hours a day for probably six months, and then he passed away. There’s lot of activities that she is now taking advantage of that she didn’t do before because she was always trying to tend to him. She is 96. What she likes to complain about is the food as she is used to very fine dining. We have actually been there a few times, and it has been very good. They are very receptive to all of her concerns, and they tried to address them.

Thank you for the nice compliments and taking the time to share them. It's great feedback that your aunt enjoys our activities. Our area is so rich in the arts and culture, it adds to the caliber of activities we can offer. And, you're invited to share a meal with us whenever you can!

Nephew2 April 23, 2015

The quality of the service was excellent. The staff, without exception, was caring and well-trained. The memory care unit provided superb support and attention for all aspects of the resident's care.

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words. We work hard to provide the best of care to our residents, and we’re thrilled your friend or relative enjoyed their experience with us. We are always here when you need us.

Linda103495750 December 28, 2014

I no longer worry about my mother. The staff is more kind and caring than I ever anticipated. She is happy too and greatly appreciates the support she receives.

A lovely compliment; AND nothing is better than knowing our residents are happy. Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

Beth28 October 31, 2014

For the past 3 years, my 88 year old aunt Shirley has received warm, patient, tender care. I trust all of the staff with her care as I live 2 hours away. Fabulous facility!

Caring1006811 October 22, 2014

EPOCH Melbourne is excellent. My father lived alone for many years and loved his home and independence. It was comfortable for him, but very isolating. Recently his health took a bit of a turn, requiring him to be hospitalized, and then rehab. My sister and I reserarched many of the facilities like EPOCH for weeks prior to his release from the rehab facility. Epoch overwhelmingly came to the top. The move was smooth, yet my father remained skeptical for a while. He has blossomed at EPOCH Melbourne. The good meals have provided steady nutrition, the social director has slowly & steadily engaged my father into many of the activities and he is using the gym on a regular basis. My usually sedentary dad now walks regularly, engages with other residents, smiles more and is very happy. As family, we are thrilled he is in a safe, caring environment. We would highly recommend EPOCH Melbourne for both residents and family. :)

Francis7 September 01, 2014

EPOCH at Melbourne runs a good ship! I don't know where they find all these great employees.

Anita15 September 01, 2014

My mother has been a resident at Melbourne Place for 1 1/2 years. The care and attention from the entire staff has been wonderful. Everyone is always so helpful and knowledgable. They are all kind to us. Our entire family sleeps well knowing our mom is so well cared for!

Jim97549350 August 17, 2014

I am so grateful to EPOCH at Melbourne for the service of being transported to medical appointments and even trips to my bank. I even want to compliment the drivers Coleen, Richard, and Stanley.

Susan96125150 July 18, 2014

I am very happy with Epoch at Melbourne with the way they cooperated with me and the care that my mom is given. I am the one who sees my mom every day and Epoch is very good. The nurses are very efficient and excellent. The CNA's and aides are doing a good job and very helpful. I think they are doing the best they can. Mom is 97 and they are cooperative with her. Though she had a fall again the other day because she fails to ask for help, she's getting better. They have really been wonderful and I have very good reports about them. I feel very fortunate right now.

Sherry26 April 01, 2014

I am a family member and a healthcare professional in this industry. Epoch provides the highest quality of care. I have ever witnessed. Their staff members are educated and trained to provide excellent care to their residents. I sleep well at night knowing my Mother is under their care.

What an amazing compliment! We work hard to provide our residents with the highest quality of care, so we're thrilled to hear that you and your mother's experience with EPOCH has been a positive one. Thank you for taking the time to share these kind words.

Caring88973550 March 31, 2014

The staff is wonderful. They go one extra mile to support the residents. They are never to busy to give a smile or hug. Everyone including the dinning room staff show respect and warmth to the residents.

Susan85448150 February 13, 2014

I have been extremely pleased with Epoch - Melbourne for the care for my 96- year old mother for over 4 years.

David73859450 January 31, 2014

Epoch Assisted Living was only two blocks away from me. It was really nice, clean and quiet. The staff seemed to be doing a pretty good job because the residents seemed to be happy. However, it was expensive.

Lee10 December 30, 2013

I had no problems with EPOCH when I went there. The facility is fine and everybody seemed happy. Each room has its own heating and air conditioning system. I haven’t eaten there, but their dining room seemed very nice. The facility overall seemed pleasant and everything seemed accessible.

Dot3 November 27, 2013

We visited EPOCH at Melbourne. The place was gorgeous and everybody seemed to be very nice. It's a gorgeous building. The surrounding is just so friendly and so homey. They had a big country kitchen with tables all around. There's a big wooden area outside. They had a big bird in a cage which the people enjoyed every much. They have a gorgeous library and they do puzzles. They had a beautiful dining room and they get to choose from a menu. I was very excited about going there, but they tell me one thing and then they say something different after. They told me that the price is state regulated and then they also told me that it’s not state regulated.

Thanks for the positive comments; we appreciate them. On the “state-regulated” pricing question, we apologize for the confusion. To be clear, we offer state-subsidized pricing for residents who meet the state requirements for this benefit. We encourage individuals to apply for this benefit, but the state determines who is eligible.

From Wingate Residences at Melbourne Place

A warm and active community, Wingate Residences at Melbourne Place is in a peaceful location with amazing vistas. High ceilings and large windows create a light and airy atmosphere. Residents are kept busy seven days a week by our full time activities and physical fitness directors. Our executive dining services manager offers a creative menu with varied selections. Our Memory Care program offers a secure and individualized haven for those with Alzheimer's and dementia - special care is given to provide security and a feeling of self assurance.

The Club, in Traditional assisted living, is available to residents who have short-term memory issues but who do not yet need a secured environment. Namaste in Memory Care is designed to offer special comfort to those who are either too far along in their journey to enjoy activities or those who are experiencing anxiety issues.

Features of Wingate Residences at Melbourne Place

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: None

• Fee structure extra: We charge a $2,500 one-time Community Fee. There is basic level one-half hour of accumulative care which is included in the rent. A resident can purchase additional one-half hours per day for $495 for each additional one-half hour.
  • Minimum memory care rate: $5,025/month