Sunrise of Upper St. Clair

500 Village Drive, Pittsburgh, PA, 15241

Reviews of Sunrise of Upper St. Clair

DougHHDDN May 11, 2016

My mother is in Sunrise of Upper St. Clair. We've had a good first impression. Her room is spacious for a studio, clean, and nice. The staff is very engaged and friendly. I don't have any problems so far. She is just not crazy about the food.

Tina46 April 24, 2016

We visited Sunrise of Upper St. Clair and liked that it was newer, the layout, the availability, the location, and the good, homey feeling to it. They had outings to the grocery stores and activities during the day. The person I met was the mission person. She had great follow-up and was really nice. I liked her. The staff was very friendly as well. They served breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The short hallways in Sunrise attracted me because it felt more homey and apartment-living-like.

Paul113273450 September 30, 2015

Sunrise of Upper St. Clair seemed clean, and they had activities. The staff seemed reasonably dedicated, and the rooms looked fine, but there was very little storage space. What impressed me was the employees looked like they were working for a living. They need to improve their storage space.

Anonymous109414950 June 29, 2015

We liked Sunrise of Upper St. Clair. We thought it was very clean. We liked the rooms and the activities that they said they were going to be doing. The facility was good. Everything smelled clean and looked clean. We liked that there was carpeting in the bedroom.

Tracie1 April 29, 2014

Sunrise is beautiful and like going to a five-star resort. It was very fancy, upscale, and too much, I felt it was not as home-like, and my mother did not live life that way. The apartments were very spacious and pretty, but very expensive. The staff was very accommodating and in-tune to the residents who were actually there. The food looked wonderful when we walked in the dining room. They have different levels of activities based on how functioning the residents are. They do a lot of outings to local malls, and they seem to have a lot of activities in the buildings.

Jane48 February 28, 2014

From what I saw, Sunrise of Upper St. Clair seemed like a very vibrant community. There was a wide variety of people there. There were lot of activities going on at that time. The rooms seemed nice. Overall, it would be a nice community for my loved one. However, the location, while it is convenient, it is a little hard to get to.

Deborah24 January 24, 2014

I really loved the Sunrise of Upper St. Clair, but it was way out of our price range and it was busy. There were people coming and going, people coming in and out, and people playing chess and checkers in the lobby. I really like the Sunrise and I like the way that they build relationship with the people that lived there. They know their particular likes and dislikes and they know all the people like if my mother-in-law didn't want to go down to dinner, that's not a problem because they would take it up to her. The staff was very welcoming, very knowledgeable, and I didn't feel that they were pushy at all. They answered my questions and tried to provide solutions. They're just really all about making people feel at home. The lobby and all of that is more like a home than it is like a hotel. Some people might like that more because you just have a cozy feeling, but my mother-in-law is a very private person and there's just a lot of things going on at the Sunrise.

Caring75279050 January 18, 2014

We had gotten in touch with an online directory and they gave us a list of places to view. Sunrise of Upper St. Clair was one of the first ones they gave us. I like everything about the place, but I just thought it was too fancy for my father. Everything was just so elaborate and it looked like you're in a high-class hotel. They even have a service bar there where anyone could come in with their family and have an ice cream and stuff. That was really nice. For accommodations, they did have the biggest rooms there, but I just thought they were too elaborate for what my dad needed. The living environment did stand out to us. One of the reasons we couldn't place my father there was because he would feel out of place. The staff was friendly and very courteous. Overall, I would recommend this facility to others.

Caring 4440 April 17, 2013

I tried to get my mom into the Sunrise Assisted Living of Upper St. Clair but it was just not right for her. She spent one night at the facility as a trial and we brought her own medication, but still they ordered a week's supply of it from their pharmacy. Because we departed the next day, however, she never received those medications, but we've been receiving a bill from the Omnicare pharmacy company associated with them for the past four months. I've been calling them and the Omnicare pharmacy repeatedly, trying to get this rectified, but everybody keeps pushing me off. I believed Sunrise never returned the medications to the pharmacy company, yet they haven't been helping us out or taking responsibility for it. So, I'm planning to write a letter to their executive director to explain our problem because everyone below him has not been helpful. She spent one night trial and we paid over a thousand dollars for that, which I understand. It was a lovely environment, the people, the caregivers were relatively nice, yet I'm having this bit of a problem with that pharmacy bill, which is what I'm disappointed about and has been plaguing us for five months.

jonathan43571 October 25, 2012

I was very impressed with Sunrise when I visited this facility with my grandmother. This facility really feels more like a home than a senior living facility. The staff was all incredibly nice, and seemed to know all of the residents by name. Everyone seemed happy and enjoying themselves. There were many different places for the residents to relax or play games, and many activities for them to enjoy. The rooms were very spacious and homey. We also liked that each resident has a care manager assigned to them for all of their needs. This place even has some pets for the residents to enjoy! Overall it was a wonderful facility where they seem to go the extra effort to make it feel like home.

Love My Gram September 27, 2012

After actually moving her into a different community for only a day, sunrise truly feels like home. From the decor around the building and the friendliness of the staff, I ALWAYS feel like I'm going to visit my gram at her house, and not some cold and lifeless "home." myself and my family can honestly sleep good at night knowing my gram is at Sunrise. I would recommend it to anyone else looking for a place that is warm, comforting, and caring with all the perks of being HOME. They even have a few pets living there that can guarantee to make my gram, and me even, have a better day! She is always doing something fun to help her pass the time and the staff knows more about her likes and dislikes than we do now! Sunrise is just an extension of our family now.

Nan2 May 15, 2012

Before moving my mother who is in mid-stage dementia to Sunrise, I visited many senior living facilities. Sunrise is a warm, friendly residence with the feel of living 'at home' rather than in an institutional environment. The entire building is open to residents, with many different areas set up for visiting, reading, watchng TV, relaxing, exercising, or listening to music in the bistro. Daily activities are designed to appeal to the residents and stimulate their minds. The staff know all residents by first name, as well as the names of their families. Mom was able to attend 'day care' for several weeks to acclimate her to the staff and residents before moving in. Each resident has a care manager who is very familiar with his/her individual needs and personalities. Although not emotionally easy to place a loved one in an assisted living facility, I am confident that Sunrise provides Mom with the best quality of life and the most independence she can be afforded in her present condition.

Ldog2341 October 05, 2011

The staff and cleanliness was great. Most residents seemed happy and my Step grandmother had no complaints. The room was big and the heating/ac worked well. I believe the place to be a very upscale living center for our older generation. I hope that it is the place that my grandmother chooses to stay for the rest of her time on this earth. I knew that my grandmother had moved here from California and had done a lot of research on places to stay. Pittsburgh has many assisted living homes. She chose Sunrise because of the friendliness of the staff, the spacious rooms and the worry-free lifestyle. The food was one complaint as the menu seems to be very non eclectic. The menu far outweights the comforts and kindness of the staff. I was the family member who helped my grandmother research assisted living homes. We visited many places, toured them, and read reviews online. We are both happy with the decision to go with Sunrise.

From Sunrise of Upper St. Clair

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Features of Sunrise of Upper St. Clair

• 24-hour security gate

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• 24 hour nurses: Available during business hours