Payment Options

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Sunrise of McCandless

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Sunrise of McCandless offers an innovative Reminiscence Neighborhood which addresses the unique needs of residents with memory loss and other forms of memory impairments, along with Terrace Club for seniors with early memory loss. In addition, The View provides customized assisted living for seniors with low vision in a comfortable environment.

Reviews of Sunrise of McCandless

Posted by Samuel Right February 28, 2015
1.0

It is all about money....what they can get out of you!!! Some care managers are very good but they do not stay there because of their low wages. A lot is expected of these folks to take care of the residents. The marginal employees stay because it is a paycheck. Huge turnover of employees. My mother was there for along period of time....missed medications, waiting long periods of time when the call alarm pulled, etc. Ask a lot of questions and make notes and challenge management. The look is a lot of fluff on the outside until one is involved over a period of time with a relative. Bottom line...management is only concerned with the top line revenue and expense control ( serving cheap cuts of meat...too tough for the residents to chew!)

BEWARE!!!

Posted by Caring102445750 February 25, 2015

My mom moved to Sunrise of McCandless about a week ago. The thing that impressed me most is the staff because my mother is not well, and they have been nothing but fantastic. They bring her out in the community as much as they can. She is wheelchair confined. I even see them with the other residents, and they are so kind, giving, and respectful. It is also lovely. My mom has a shared suite where she has her own room with a door, but it has a shared bathroom. She doesn't participate much in the activities. She watches them, and as I have said she's only been there a week. She is now in hospice care, but she smiles when they still take her out to sit with the community, which I love them for. They have bowling. I see them play with balloons. The food is quite good. It is delicious.

It is very beautifully set-up. On the Alzheimer's floor, they have a really nice balcony so the people can still go outside and sit but they can't wander off. It is secured, but it is beautiful, and I am sure in the summer time it is going to be lovely. They have a gazebo, lots of outdoor chairs, and a pretty wrap around porch. I am so impressed even their sales person knows every resident's name that comes up to her. Their personnel is what I will recommend above all, and the staff are quite wonderful. I do recommend them very highly.

Posted by Caring101198450 February 20, 2015

Sunrise was relatively new. It seemed to have a lot of different activities going on. They had a couple of different movies at night. They had a lot of interactions. The staff seemed fairly well and seemed attentive. Their dining facility was a restaurant style. They had a couple of different servings that you could have for lunch or dinner. The rooms seemed fairly good. The shared room also had a shared bathroom. It was a very nice and very organized place.

Posted by Caring101842150 January 29, 2015

We were there at Sunrise, and it was very nice, but it was just way too much for our mother. It is like a four star hotel that has four or five levels to it. There was all kind of things that it would just be overpowering for my mother. She is 92 years old with Dementia, and it was just too much for her. They had an open house with wine and hors d'oeuvres. Everybody was very nice. The woman talked to us and explained everything to us. I didn't have anything against it except that it just wasn't appropriate for my mother.

Posted by Rhona June 30, 2014
1.0

It is a beautiful package on the outside. That is the only nice thing that I can say. Understaffed. Very expensive. If your loved one can no longer speak up if something is wrong they are on their own. When your money runs out, no Benevolence fund. Upon admission you are told that you will always have a home here. What they really mean is, as long as you have money. You are out on your ear when you have no funds. Foods listed on menu are always served to those on the first floor, because they are not memory impaired. Those who are memory impaired may or may not get what's on the menu. Usually they are "all out" by the time the upper floors are served their meals.

Posted by Susan87421450 June 27, 2014

Sunrise of McCandless was very nice. It seemed a little high class. I found nothing wrong with it. I just didn't know if my aunt would have been comfortable if we kept her there. The staff was very nice. They were very helpful and kind. The facility was beautiful. But it wasn't some place that my aunt would feel comfortable living in.

Posted by Diane79195550 April 01, 2014
4.0

My aunt has been in Sunrise since November. I liked the facility, the layout was very nice, there’s privacy, and it was quiet. I liked the people, and the location is convenient for me. I liked the atmosphere and that they always had a lot going on. It just seemed like they get personal, one-on-one care. They have the same caregivers every day, so they are familiar with the patients and get close to them. They have been very good, and I haven’t any complaints with anyone. The rooms are divided into little quads; each area had its own little living room, and it has a homey feeling. My aunt has a studio with a little kitchenette and a bathroom. They have bingo, movies, they have entertainment come in weekly, and they take them on field trips. She has no complaints about the food.

Posted by Caring77813250 January 31, 2014
3.0

I have come across Sunrise of McCandless through a referral. The atmosphere there was much better. When we walked in, it seemed like it was a five-star hotel more than an assisted living. The staff seemed to be very positive. Their rooms were nice.

Posted by Miriam4 October 22, 2013

The facilities at Sunrise of McCandless are so gorgeous. It looked like a five-star hotel. When we went there for an interview, the seniors were playing bowling. They had a movie scheduled for every night, so they had a lot of activities. They had a buffet of popcorn, coffee, doughnuts, and fruits in the front of their "hotel". Their rooms were gorgeous and very spacious. Everything was pristine and clean. They also have a memory care facility on the third floor, which had a special room for people who had some down problems with all those lights on the ceiling. The staff was very helpful and very nice.

Posted by Caring72375050 October 11, 2013

Sunrise was amazing. It was beautiful and the people were great. The rooms were very nice. I wouldn't hesitate to place my father in all there at all, but they turned him down because they would not be able to provide the level of care he needed for his condition.

Posted by Jane29 July 25, 2013
4.0

My mom moved in at Sunrise of McCandless a couple of weeks ago in their dementia locked down unit. The facility is close to our home and it's very nice.

Posted by Aileen1 June 07, 2013

The tour at Sunrise was very good but it's just that mom is not interested and doesn't want to move in right now. She's still staying in her own home.

Posted by JRudy20 October 18, 2012
3.0

Personally, I thought that the staff, amenities, and facilities were all in tip top shape, but after asking the thoughts of my family member, they believed it was an act put on when there were visitors, and that the overnight staff was not as friendly. Everything seemed clean during the visit, and all staff members were friendly with family members. Our resident was upset with the level of service provided, and said that after visiting hours, everything changed at the facility.

Location of Sunrise of McCandless