Juniper Village at Forest Hills

107 Fall Run Road, Pittsburgh, PA, 15221

Reviews of Juniper Village at Forest Hills

Randi Rubin, MSW, LSW January 05, 2016

My parents moved to Juniper Village when it became difficult for my dad to take care of my mom-my mom had dementia. The staff was WONDERFUL! They were able to identify my parents' needs and tailored their care to meet those needs. Staff was always available for any questions or concerns I had. But, most importantly,they treated my parents, myself, and my siblings with dignity and respect. I am a Geriatric Care Manager and I recommend Juniper Village all of the time.

Thank you Randi, we appreciate the faith you placed in us by allowing us to care for your mother. It is truly our pleasure to care for not only our residents, but their families as well. Treating our residents, their families and other professionals with dignity and respect are two of the hallmarks we are most proud of. As a geriatric care manager we are thankful for your continued referrals and appreciate what you do for others.

Mary Huzinec December 16, 2015

If you are looking for the highest quality care for your senior family member, Juniper Village at Forest Hills is the place to go - warm, welcoming, clean and compassionate. My family is so thrilled with the care my father is getting at Juniper, that my cousins just moved my aunt there, too. Now we all have peace of mind!

Thank you Mary for this heartfelt recommendation of Juniper Village at Forest Hills. We appreciate you taking the time to share your impressions.Making the decision to move is never made lightly and we are thrilled that we have been able to deliver peace of mind at this time of transition.

Caring108097650 June 20, 2015

The reason why I would choose Juniper Village was because my sister was into early dementia and I was looking for a memory care place. It was a very nice place, and I knew the care was very good. I had an acquaintance who was there, and she's very happy there. I thought my sister would be happy there if we had to go there. I knew they had activities and a crafts room. I talked to the director, and they said that they would take her, if need be, immediately. The environment was lovely. I just thought the care was very good there, and I didn't have that feeling that I was in a bad nursing home or anything because it was a lovely place and it was in a nice environment.

Thanks you for reviewing Juniper Village at Forest Hills. We appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience with others who are also considering a personal care community in the Pittsburgh area. We are pleased that Juniper Village meets your sister's needs and are very proud of our memory program - Wellspring Memory Care - where we support, not only our residents, but their families as well.

Joyce103264350 April 07, 2015

My mom is at Juniper Village. The place is very nice. It is very clean. They do have a lot of variety of activities. She just moved in a week ago. Their rooms/apartments are very nice. My mother is in a grand suite. It is very nice. It is spacious. She has a lot of windows. It is very bright and cheery. The food is all made in-house. It is not brought in. It is very good. You can have a variety of things. They do have a main course everyday, but you can order a sandwich or something like that everyday. Regarding security and safety, they do lock the doors every night at 8:00, and there is somebody at the reception desk. They're pretty good about getting people to sign in and out. Someone was asking about a resident, and they wouldn't give them any information. They do adhere to privacy and things like that.

Thank you Joyce. We appreciate you recognizing the many wonderful aspects of Juniper Village at Forest Hills and our strict adherence to HIPAA regulations. Keeping our resident's personal information private is of utmost concern for us, as is providing a safe, inviting environment to call home. We appreciate you referring others to our community.

Kimberly15 March 31, 2015

My mother-in-law and father-in-law ended up going to Juniper Village because it was nearer to where we moved. The staff was attentive, professional, and really caring as well. They had a private room with their own bathroom. They had different sizes of rooms, so from a very small into a larger room. They had a dining room where they had menus that they could choose their meals from. There was an alternative menu in case they didn’t like the things that were on the regular menu that was on everyday. They had enriching activities as far as bingo and singing groups. They would have people come in and give talks. They had church services. They had a beauty parlor and podiatrists that would come in. It was a really nice place.

Thank you Kimberly for sharing your thoughts regarding Juniper Village at Forest Hills. We appreciate you making note of the professional, attentive, caring staff and the lovely community. We are very proud of the accommodations and the many common areas available for residents to relax, socialize, dine and learn. We strive to continue to nurture the spirit of life through all stages of life and are happy to have been able to achieve that with your parents. Our Connections activity program promotes whole person wellness through social activities as well as educational programs. Your referral to others is worth the world to us. Thanks again for your five-star review.

Mobabyrosie September 23, 2014

Unexpectedly we found ourselves trying to find an assisted living facility for our 87 year old mother who had fallen at home and could no longer live in her home. Juniper Village was the second place we considered and it stopped there. We love the setting of the location, easy access while in a beautiful wooded area, small and personable. The care is excellent, aids are friendly, helpful, respectful and courteous. When you walk into Juniper Village there is always something interesting or fun going on. The facility always seems fresh, clean and tidy and the staff personable and engaging. I would not hesitate to recommend Juniper Village at Forest Hills.

MissYouEverydayJanie November 22, 2013

My aunt lived here for the last 3 years of her life. She entered into assisted living, then moved to the dementia care wing after 2 years. The staff at Juniper were wonderful -- very caring and attentive. The facility was nice, and had a more intimate, hands-on feel than most of the other places we looked at.

Caring65388450 August 15, 2013

I'd really rate them a five plus. One of the things I really like about Juniper Village was the activities that they had. There were many activities and there's a very warm feeling. I had thought that my mom would come to Pittsburgh and possibly to Juniper Village and then she said she couldn't leave her home. I was so disappointed. But they were very, very supportive of me. I had no problem with getting my deposit back. They were at their word. They didn't hassle me. I bumped into one of the women at the fair one day and she was very, very cordial. She asked if my mom has changed her mind yet and I told her not yet, but I told her to keep her file.

Irene4 May 23, 2013

Juniper Village at Forest Hills was a beautiful and clean place. The staff were friendly and they served ice cream. They had nice shared rooms. However, it was located along the highway and the traffic was bad in the area.

Laurie B October 27, 2012

A very friendly family focused care facility for increased quality of life.

From Juniper Village at Forest Hills

Juniper Village at Forest Hills is a beautiful, upscale assisted living community with 72 apartments ranging from studios to oversized deluxe one-bedroom suites. Beautifully appointed, Juniper Village at Forest Hills provides a warm and sophisticated environment with ample community space.

A library, ice cream parlor, and spacious T.V., game, and craft rooms are some of the amenities our residents enjoy. Located in Forest Hills, there is easy access off Parkway East, Exit 8A. Juniper Village at Forest Hills is just minutes from downtown Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

Beautiful, purpose-built community offering a continuum of care from supportive independent living to personal care to memory care. Dementia certified and dementia capable care.

Features of Juniper Village at Forest Hills

• Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,645/month

• Minimum age: None

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Juniper Village at Forest Hills