Harbour Senior Living of South Hills

1320 Greentree Rd., Pittsburgh, PA, 15220

Reviews of Harbour Senior Living of South Hills

Anonymous105934650 February 11, 2015

My mom is now in the memory care unit of Harbour Senior Living. They are very attentive and very caring. She is in lock down because she was wandering. However, they do bring her downstairs and let her participate in the assisted living activities like bowling, bingo, and cards. Honestly, we are very happy with it. We have seen her meals, and they also get to eat what the assisted living patients are eating. For the first week she was there, I had probably called 4 or 5 times a day just to check on her, and the staff was very accommodating and very nice. I also had the executive director call me for the first week just to let me know how she was doing. They are absolutely wonderful. She has like a small apartment, but there is enough room for a bed, a night stand, a dresser, a comfortable chair, a TV stand, and a table. She also has a little kitchenette with a refrigerator and a microwave, and her own bathroom.

Marjorie13 March 31, 2014

We need a secured facility. My husband has Alzheimer’s, and that makes a little difference as to just where we can go. I had my name there at Harbour Senior Living of South Hills. We're on the list to be called if a space opens up, and I would like a private room there. Harbour Senior Living was very nice. I'd recommend it very highly. The staff was wonderful. The place is very clean. It’s a very good place. They used to have a daycare there. We could go up for a few hours, but they have had to stop that, and I was using that quite frequently. The State said you have to have a bed for everybody who enters that facility. Well, they didn’t because my husband wasn’t an overnight person, and so they have stopped that service. They have transportation. They had music and had various little programs that came in. They're very accommodating; you could go there if you wanted to.

Jane48 February 28, 2014

Harbour Senior Living of South Hills was a little bit smaller facility. However, I think they have a good location. I like their location. Though the facility wasn't able to take a wide range of individuals; but it seemed like a very pleasant community. It was peaceful there. There were nice people there too. They were most caring. They have activities for the residents but they also have support programs for family as well.

Caring75359750 December 24, 2013

Harbour Senior Living used to be called Sunrise. The day I was there, I liked it; however, after my brother moved in to another facility, I realized the difference. When we visited this place, there were only two women in the common area. They have different pods there and each pod has a sitting area outside, but nobody was out there. There was just this one man sitting and waiting for the yoga class that was coming up. Their patients were all in their rooms with their door shut. I don't think that's good for an old person. I'm sure they're being taken care of but I didn't even see nurses going around, say passing pills to their residents. They also showed us one room as an example of what they all look like. It was beautiful. I also saw their menu and I didn't like it. They have hotdogs on their menu. Overall, it was a beautiful building and everything was well furnished and nice but nobody was out there at that time.

I am disappointed to learn that you did not have a better experience during your tour of the community. You unfortunately did not have the opportunity to see the extent of what we offer to our residents. It is our Mission to create fulfilling lifestyles that enrich our residents’ lives. We are proud of our diverse life enrichment programs and our dining services team. In addition to our always available options our dining specials change daily. While some resident prefer comfort food we also have a talented chef for those that want to be more adventurous. Please feel free to contact me directly at 412-571-1300. We would love the opportunity to truly show you why so many of our residents have called Harbour of South Hills Home!

Biscottara August 11, 2013

I toured the facility for assisted living for my mom, an Alzheimer's patient. While the tour was very informative and helped me make my decision to place Mom there, I would have liked to know at the beginning that we could also have hospice care, if she qualified. She is now on hospice, but she could have been before now. The home is an excellent environment for Mom. She is comfortable, happy and safe.

From Harbour Senior Living of South Hills

Senior personal care at Harbour Assisted Living of South Hills offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior personal care community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At Harbour Assisted Living of South Hills, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior personal care while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our personal care community in Pittsburgh has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At Harbour Assisted Living of South Hills, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Personal Care Amenities

• Personalized Care Plans
  • 24-hour Staffing
  • Emergency Response System
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • All utilities and basic cable included
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team

Beautiful wrap around porch, vibrant home-like "grand mansion" style building. Short halls and short distances between all areas, residents and families use our whole house as their home. Staff longevity is one of highest in the area. 2013 Senior Lifestyle Corp. HEART OF CARING AWARD WINNER is a team member who has been with us for 18 years! Active and vibrant community where our residents can "age in place" and have changing care needs met without having to move again or change environment.

Features of Harbour Senior Living of South Hills

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Psychiatric care
  • Physical therapy

• Housing extra: Emergency Call System
  • Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Hiking trails
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Activities extra: SilverSneakers® Fitness Program 5 days per week and Bowling in the Bistro 2 days per week.

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,300/month

• Staff patient ratio: 10 to 1
  • Minimum age: 62

• Licenses: DPW Pennsylvania Licensed Personal Care
  • State License(s): 441750

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Harbour Senior Living of South Hills