Brookdale Mt. Lebanon

1050 McNeilly Rd., Pittsburgh, PA, 15226

Reviews of Brookdale Mt. Lebanon

Caring95012650 October 22, 2014

Everything at The Devonshire was good. The staff was very nice, very helpful, and informative. They were very professional. We would consider that if it happened that they didn't have any room at the other place we looked at, we would be confident if they were there that they would have good care. There was an area where they could sit outside. What I didn't like about it was that it was a high rise, and the location was a little bad for us.

Caring75035250 December 31, 2013

What I like best with The Devonshire is the atmosphere. The whole place looks pretty cheery. It seems to fit all of my mom's needs. It doesn't feel like an institution. They help her with her medications and make sure that she takes her medicines in the morning and in the evening. She seems happy and she's always clean. The dining room seems nice. They have group activities and she likes the afternoon activities. They have a van that takes them to doctor's appointment. They are not strict with visiting hours and they can accommodate us anytime. If she has a problem, we can always go up and they will come out. I really like it.

Caring70545150 December 02, 2013

The Devonshire was very nice. I had dinner there and the food was good. The people there were nice. The rooms were also very nice.

Rosemary8 June 12, 2013

I went to the Devonshire of Mt. Lebanon and it was lovely. The gentleman that took us around was very nice. I really think it was a great place. The only reason I'm hesitating is because it's a little far from where I live now. I'm very active in my church and different organizations, and it means I would be away from it. The rooms were lovely and they have a lot of activities. The whole setup is very nice. They have a swimming pool and a gym. They take you to church on Sunday. I have nothing negative to say about it. If I were ready to go right now, I wouldn't hesitate to go there.

Carol28 April 30, 2013

Devonshire was close to where my parents live. Everything about the facility seems very nice. My father is happy that he moved in there.

jonathan43571 September 13, 2012

I was very impressed with this facility. It almost seemed more like a nice upscale hotel than an assisted living facility. The building and the surrounding grounds are beautiful, and there is a nice view of the city. I was impressed with the amount of privacy the residents have. There are many attentive staff members, but they are quiet and discreet, and let the residents do their own thing. There are emergency call buttons in each of the apartments for residents if they need it. Besides regular table side dining, they also offer a private dining room for when friends and family are visiting residents. Also provided are annemities like billiards, a pool and whirlpool, game room, arts and crafts room, exercise room, library, etc. I would be very happy myself to choose a facility like this when I need one.

cobbett1707 August 28, 2012

I thought that the facilities were very comparable to a persons needs when they could not care for themselves like they used to. They were clean and the staff was attentive and caring. The other residents were friendly yet somewhat standoffish and I'm sure that after time they would all get to know each other. The apartments were clean and with emergency call buttons though out. I appreciated the attention to detail provided by the builders to the specific needs of the elderly residents and the care they deserve.Most important to me was the well being of my grandmother and these people provided. They made sure that she was comfortable and well taken care of without being too intrusive. I didn't want her to feel like she had been institutionalized and I am sure she didn't. They were ever-present but in the background and unseen. The staff here does a great job of not interfering with the residents lives but helping when they need it.

From Brookdale Mt. Lebanon

Brookdale Mt. Lebanon provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Mt. Lebanon

• Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Spanish

• General store
  • 24-hour security gate
  • Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• Dining extra: All residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 62