Brookdale Mt. Lebanon

1050 McNeilly Rd., Pittsburgh, PA, 15226

Reviews of Brookdale Mt. Lebanon

November 30, 2015

By Maggie32

There was nothing we didn’t like about Brookdale. We looked at two different apartment-type rooms that had separate living quarters, bedroom, full kitchen, and nice baths. The rooms were set up a little bit different from each other because we were looking for both of my parents. They were gorgeous, clean, and accommodating. We were OK with the pricing, the room sizes, and closet space. Everything was very nice. The staff was very friendly, very accommodating, and did not pressure us. They hold different events throughout the day and have exercise, so everybody is engaged. They have movie nights, parties, and barbecues, too.

March 07, 2015

My mother is currently in a Brookdale community called The Devonshire of Mount Lebanon. We like it because some of the people there are a little more active. There are more men there, and as a result, it is a more natural environment. It is also close to our family home, so she knows other people there already.

October 22, 2014

Everything at The Devonshire was good. The staff was very nice, very helpful, and informative. They were very professional. We would consider that if it happened that they didn't have any room at the other place we looked at, we would be confident if they were there that they would have good care. There was an area where they could sit outside. What I didn't like about it was that it was a high rise, and the location was a little bad for us.

December 31, 2013

What I like best with The Devonshire is the atmosphere. The whole place looks pretty cheery. It seems to fit all of my mom's needs. It doesn't feel like an institution. They help her with her medications and make sure that she takes her medicines in the morning and in the evening. She seems happy and she's always clean. The dining room seems nice. They have group activities and she likes the afternoon activities. They have a van that takes them to doctor's appointment. They are not strict with visiting hours and they can accommodate us anytime. If she has a problem, we can always go up and they will come out. I really like it.

December 02, 2013

The Devonshire was very nice. I had dinner there and the food was good. The people there were nice. The rooms were also very nice.

June 12, 2013

By Rosemary8

I went to the Devonshire of Mt. Lebanon and it was lovely. The gentleman that took us around was very nice. I really think it was a great place. The only reason I'm hesitating is because it's a little far from where I live now. I'm very active in my church and different organizations, and it means I would be away from it. The rooms were lovely and they have a lot of activities. The whole setup is very nice. They have a swimming pool and a gym. They take you to church on Sunday. I have nothing negative to say about it. If I were ready to go right now, I wouldn't hesitate to go there.

April 30, 2013

By Carol28

Devonshire was close to where my parents live. Everything about the facility seems very nice. My father is happy that he moved in there.

September 13, 2012

By jonathan43571

I was very impressed with this facility. It almost seemed more like a nice upscale hotel than an assisted living facility. The building and the surrounding grounds are beautiful, and there is a nice view of the city. I was impressed with the amount of privacy the residents have. There are many attentive staff members, but they are quiet and discreet, and let the residents do their own thing. There are emergency call buttons in each of the apartments for residents if they need it. Besides regular table side dining, they also offer a private dining room for when friends and family are visiting residents. Also provided are annemities like billiards, a pool and whirlpool, game room, arts and crafts room, exercise room, library, etc. I would be very happy myself to choose a facility like this when I need one.

August 28, 2012

By cobbett1707

I thought that the facilities were very comparable to a persons needs when they could not care for themselves like they used to. They were clean and the staff was attentive and caring. The other residents were friendly yet somewhat standoffish and I'm sure that after time they would all get to know each other. The apartments were clean and with emergency call buttons though out. I appreciated the attention to detail provided by the builders to the specific needs of the elderly residents and the care they deserve.Most important to me was the well being of my grandmother and these people provided. They made sure that she was comfortable and well taken care of without being too intrusive. I didn't want her to feel like she had been institutionalized and I am sure she didn't. They were ever-present but in the background and unseen. The staff here does a great job of not interfering with the residents lives but helping when they need it.

Services & Amenities of Brookdale Mt. Lebanon

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Dining Extra: All Residents Have In Room Full Kitchens (Including Oven, Etc.)

• Coffee Shop
  • General Store
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Tai Chi

• Spanish

About Brookdale Mt. Lebanon

Brookdale Mt. Lebanon provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Stately Residence in residential area providing Independent and Personal Care services. We offer many amenities, no-buy in fee and In house private duty services available. We have a heated pool, jacuzzi, gym, private dining room and gorgeous grounds.

Map of Brookdale Mt. Lebanon