Asbury Heights

700 Bower Hill Rd, Pittsburgh, PA, 15243

Contact Now

Reviews of Asbury Heights

tim5647382910 July 23, 2015

My experiences with this place have been absolutely awful. The staff did not treat my family member with respect as she had to wait hours to use the restroom, we had to make multiple requests just to have her washed once a week, she couldn't reach her call button on multiple occasions to get help, and the list goes on and on. They treated my family member like she wasn't a person for her last days here on earth. Bottom line, if you are looking for a place for your loved one, please don't take them here.

Craig10 September 26, 2014

Asbury Heights was very nice and we liked it, but it was $2,000 more a month, and my mom just doesn't have that. I wouldn't mind living in there, but I don't have the money either. The dining room is nicer than where my father is now, but the bedrooms weren't quite as nice. I was only there for an hour. The girl who took us on a tour -- I believe her name was Jennifer -- was very friendly and very nice.

k42463 November 21, 2012

Asbury Heights provides different housing options, from independent living to full and Alzheimer care. The facility is located in a quiet Pittsburgh suburb. St Clair Hospital is less than a mile from the facility. Asbury Heights is very clean and feels more like a home than a nursing facility. There are sidewalks to very nice sitting areas throughout the grounds. The amenities are wonderful, it has its own beauty and barbershop, diner, post office, game rooms, and much more. When visiting Asbury Heights there are plenty of activities for you to do with your loved ones. The staff is attentive and patient, with full focus on the full care patients at all times. The staff that I observed had bonded with their patients. The staff also plans many activities for the residents, there are movie nights, dinner parties, game nights, and for residents living in independent living there are off site activities planned. After visiting many other facilities I found Asbury Heights to be a caring well run home that I highly recommend.

GuiCyber June 30, 2011

The facility was very clean and smelled nice and the staff was friendly. They had a common area with a snack shop, post office and second hand store. All of which I liked very much for my mother. The main problem were with the rooms on the Assisted living floors. They has 2 floors for Assisted Living, three units for Nursing Home and five floors of independent living. The assisted living floors the majority of the rooms were one room with no bathroom. You had to go down the hall to use the toilet and/or shower/bath. I did not like this at all and either did my mother. They had afew rooms with bathrooms but they were always being taken by residents waiting inhouse to move from a non-bathroom room to a bathroom room. Desided not to have my mother move in there.

From Asbury Heights

Asbury Heights' mission is to improve the lives of older adults through high-quality and compassionate care.

We offer numerous programs and activities to keep you as active and involved as you want to be.

Through our Living Well at Asbury program, we look at research and document trends and results so that we can make personal, customized recommendations and suggestions that result in more function and fewer limitations for you.

At Asbury, we create a welcoming, home-like environment, where the resident is the focus of all that we do. We are a vibrant community, providing an array of opportunities for physical activity, socialization and cognitive engagement both on campus and throughout the community. We offer a variety of personal care options and emphasize the strengths of each resident and work with them to identify areas needing attention to ensure their safety and maximize their independence.

Our well-trained staff is available around the clock at each of Asbury’s personal care communities located on our beautiful 27-acre campus: Spring Lane, Hamilton Hall and Asbury Villas.

We use a person-centered therapy that emphasizes the use of non-verbal communication techniques to improve interactions with individuals living with dementia. Our focus is on maximizing the abilities of each resident through quality interaction. Our staff members receive training on an ongoing basis to stay current on the most innovative approaches and treatments for the care of individuals with memory impairments.

Memory support care is provided in two secure locations on our campus – Asbury Place and Laurel Lane. In addition, we provide memory support nursing through our Nursing & Rehabilitation Center in the Willow Community. The Willow Community is a secure area staffed by professionals who understand the complex issues involved in the care of individuals with dementia and other cognitive disorders.

Asbury Heights is located in Mt. Lebanon which is located only six miles south of Pittsburgh. Originally a farming community, this upscale suburb is known for its premier public school system and two bustling business districts that boast one-of-a-kind bo

Features of Asbury Heights