Grand Villa of Pinellas Park

8980 49th Street North, Pinellas Park, FL, 33782

Reviews of Grand Villa of Pinellas Park

Sharon314847 November 01, 2016

Grand Villa had small rooms, but they were clean, and kept up. They were freshly painted. I saw a theater room and the dining room. The dining room was beautiful and setup nicely -- like an expensive restaurant. They had a beautiful menu, and the people were waited on by waiters. The living area was very nice. However, it was too expensive for us.

Kelly861404 October 10, 2016

My mother has already moved into Grand Villa of Pinellas Park. The people there are wonderful, and that’s huge. That’s a big deal. It’s neat, and it’s clean. It doesn’t have a lot of grounds for them to get outside, but they do have places. It’s very nice. They have lots of activities for everybody to be involved in. We’re very happy with it. I would recommend this community. They have bingo several times a week, and that’s a big deal there. Everybody gets into that. They have different Bible studies or church where they’ll sing hymns. They provide transportation if you have appointments. I haven’t personally eaten there, but my mother is very happy with the food. She said it is all very good. She has not complained once about it. I have not had a bad experience with this community.

Kevin346470 September 30, 2016

We're really happy with Grand Villa of Pinellas Park. It's a complete facility with everything we need. There are doctors on staff, an in-house hairdresser and nail salon, and food off of a menu. My mom is in a large, one-bedroom unit. The staff is very friendly and attentive. There are all kinds of activities like games, movie nights, and field trips. We also go to the library and grocery store. They serve you food in your room if you're not feeling well. They take care of doctor's appointments in-house.

Son of Resident207645 August 17, 2016

My mother is at Grand Villa of Pinellas Park. They assist her with bathing and to the dining room. They have doctors on staff. All in all, they are very good. I would definitely recommend them because they are attentive and good.

Edward022418 June 28, 2016

Grand Villa is OK. My mother moved in, and it's good. I don't have any complaints. They have recreation and activities. The day I was there, they were taking them out to the Tampa Rays baseball game. They have three atriums. It's a pretty nice place that's clean, and the staff seems to be attentive. My mother seems happy with the food. They have a little cafe and a pretty nice dining room. It's not the Taj Mahal, but it's OK.

DeborahCWZIA May 19, 2016

My mom is now at Grand Villa of Pinellas Park. They have been absolutely fabulous and already have physical and occupational therapy getting started. My mom has made such good growth in the two weeks that she’s been there. She has already shown improvement. Grand Villa is small but clean and well maintained. It offers lighting, so when my mom gets up in the middle of the night she can see, and it alerts staff members that she is up so they can go and check on her. I am absolutely pleased with the room. They do arts and crafts and a volleyball type of thing where they have to keep it in the air for motor skills training. The place is also much closer for me to visit Mom on a regular basis.

Shorty1 February 16, 2016

We are putting my brother in Grand Villa. The visit was great. The place was very clean. The staff was very helpful and very accommodating. I haven’t even signed the papers yet, but the staff sent a whole plate of food so my brother could try their fish, vegetables, and macaroni and cheese.

jabmel December 14, 2015

My Father was a resident for more than 5 years until his recent passing. He initially was a resident but in his last few years had moved into the assisted living area. He was happy with both areas. The food is good and my Father liked to eat. I ate there on several occasions when I was visiting my Father and was always very happy with the food being served to the residents. I can't say enough about the cook and how she managed the kitchen and the folks in the dinning room. Also wanted to thank the activities director who would come and find my Father and get him involved. Often when I visited he was in the middle of games or exercises. This residence has great personnel running the place and is convenient to the Tampa airport for persons flying in like myself. A very heart felt thanks to everyone. You folks are great.

Beverly Culver December 11, 2015

My father passed away one year ago. It soon became apparent that my mother could not remain on her own. After significant searching, family members and I selected Grand Villa of Pinella Park. Our decision was made following observation of staff members. To a person, they were professional, considerate, attentive and caring. Following my mother's first day at her new home, a wonderful staff member sent a video to my cell phone of my mother dancing, in view of everyone, during a small celebration ... and (because I live out-of-state) I have received subsequent videos since then. That is amazingly personal and caring. It reinforces the feeling that our decision was the right one.

Anonymous112356950 September 07, 2015

My sister likes the location and the size of Grand Villa of Pinellas Park. It was not too large. I thought it was quite fine. The food service is excellent, but there seem to be a lot of commotion around the dispensing of medication. It seems like the residents have to line up at a particular time to get their meds like hanging around in the hallway for their turn.

Jassy August 05, 2015

Every time I visit my mom she is caressed her room is clean and she is alert. She seems so happy to be in her own room. I know she is being well cared for. Staff is doing a great job!

Caring104798350 April 18, 2015

I like Grand Villa of Pinellas Park. The staff is excellent. I have already made a lot friends with them. We communicate very well. They call anytime if they think there is something I need to know. I love their food too.

I will absolutely recommend them just because of the way it is operates and the way the staff treats everyone. From what I seen from other place, I will rate it very high. One thing nice is that they have doctors that come in. I am also impressed with their activities, and their activities director is really nice and good. Dad was in there, and my mom is in memory care, but my dad is gone now.

NC daughter December 18, 2014

My father lived in the Memory Care wing of this ALF for about a year. He was truly happy! He loved it there and didn't want to go home. The staff was kind, patient, and loving. They provided him with great food, companionship, a structured schedule, a clean homey atmosphere, and monitored medication. I never dreamed that he would adapt there so well. It was affordable and I am truly grateful for their professionalism and positive attitude.

schmorr December 10, 2014

My mother has lived at this facility for about one year and I absolutely love everything ! The staff loves my Mom and truly cares for her. They always have her best interests at heart. You can spend lots more money elsewhere BUT you will not find better or a more caring staff. I can whole heartily recommend Grand Villa for your loved ones !! Michael Schmorr

pepper70 December 09, 2014

enjoy playing volleyball and other activities. I am a people person and a caring person. I have been here for 4 1/2 years and everyone here has been good to me. The staff is very helpful and caring. I enjoy being an ambassador and helping new residents to the dining room and showing them around.

Laurie Edwards November 27, 2014

Finding Grand Villa of Pinellas Park was truly a blessing for my Mother and our family. Mom really likes living there! With the renovation, the apts & building are very nice. Mom enjoys conversation with the other relatives and we both enjoy their special outings. And the staff - very caring, ALWAYS there for us - morning or night, I am so grateful to have found GV (of PP)!!!!!

safe and sound November 18, 2014

as a family member of one of your residents I know first hand how life is at the grand villa. their motto is "looks like home. feels like family" SO TRUE. It must be a great place to work because ALL the staff are friendly, helpful, concerned, approachable and are genuinely happy. The food is first class. The waitstaff are prompt, fun and they remember each residents names, food preferences and are always willing to go out of their way to make each meal a great one. The residents are sweet and kind. they all get along. the administration office is always open if you should have questions or concerns. I would never send a loved one to a home that I myself would not live in. When the time comes......Im moving into Grand Villa.

Fla1234 November 18, 2014

All staff at Grand Villa have always been extremely helpful and always willing to listen to my concerns. They are quick to follow up on any questions I may have. It is nice to know that I can count on their professionalism especially since I live a long distance away. Whenever I visit, I am impressed by the friendliness and attentiveness of the staff.

Visitor and Supporter October 29, 2014

This is a wonderful facility for the price! No ALF comes without some problems, but most can be resolved. Many activities offered as well as outings. The only real downside is that they don't have much to offer for the "younger" Alzheimer patients.

Caring90569650 July 30, 2014

We're very impressed with Grand Villa. It's probably at the top of our list for the money. The one on the south side is brand new, so that's still under construction, but very spacious. Grand Villa seemed to offer the best of both worlds in terms of just a homey, personal feel, and yet all of the amenities.

The room was actually very nice. They are on the ground floor where the amenities are, and then the memory care is on the second floor, so it's very secure. They have access if they need it, but not direct access like the other residents have. We like that setup also.

Daughter of Mary S. December 27, 2013

My mother has been a resident at this community for almost 2 years. Prior to the new management company taking over in June, we were extremely unhappy and almost moved mom to another community. When the new management team came started in June, my family and I noticed an almost immediate change in the feel of the community. The Administrator and new managers at the community are genuine and truly care about the residents who live there. They have almost doubled the amount of staff and are now doing renovations that look amazing. It's great to see my mom and the other residents smile again! Mom has also gained weight, enjoys the activity outings and a lot of new friends. I would definitely recommend this community.

Daughter of Mary P. December 27, 2013

Caring67063550 September 10, 2013

Grand Villa of Pinellas Park has different levels of security and a different level of community involvement, and dining. I found their food much homier than a lot of other places. Some of the residents have mentioned that they're not doing very much, there isn't too much activity around there, but I talked to some of the residents who said that it was the best place they've found for their particular needs. The people were very friendly. They offer a lot of comfort for all the residents that are there.

Carol42 July 12, 2013

I also went to Grand Villa of Pinellas Park. The facility was nice and small but they're reasonably priced. Their rooms were a little small, but it was plenty of space actually for my mother. What I don't like about their rooms was that I don't think it looked out on anything but some rooftops. I have also seen their dining room and residents would need to line up for their food. However, all of the staff is very nice. They called again and again following up on my visit. Their activities were much the same as the other facilities but they have plenty of them. The only reluctance I have about this facility was that it is directly across the rehab center that she had been some time ago, which she simply despised. This rehab put her on the wrong medication and there were just a lot of bad things that happened there. I don't want her looking out the window and seeing this other place that is right across the street.

Theresa6 June 07, 2013

Emeritus was awful. The living areas were dirty. They were understaffed. There's no coordination between each shift. If something happens on one shift, the next shift comes in and they know nothing. Their management is only looking at how much they can make off of everybody and their financial structure is not sound.

Golfballs19 September 13, 2012

For the price that my family was paying, I feel like they could have done better. The rooms were tiny, food was decent, and the staff was okay. Most of the staff was very friendly and cordial, but there were a few that were rude and reluctant to help us. They kept my grandmother to a strict schedule, which was good. Pills were administered throughout the day, and she was urged to participate in social activities. The facility managed to meet the expectations expected but my family, but by all means, the experience could have been better. The main manager of the facility was great. He was nice all the time, and always helped my family with whatever they needed. Whenever there was an issue with the staff, he was always open to my family letting him know, and he would help to work things out.

From Grand Villa of Pinellas Park

Grand Villa offers lifestyle options, including assisted living, memory care, personal care, and respite care. Different levels of care ensure that you only pay for the services you need and use. Our all-inclusive monthly rate covers everything from a wide array of activities, special events and entertainment to chef-prepared meals, housekeeping, and so much more.

Our residents enjoy all the comforts of home in a friendly setting that can be as active or relaxed as each resident chooses. Our full-time Activities Coordinator plans exercise classes, lectures, and parties that are fun and engaging. We take regular excursions around town for errands like shopping and banking, as well as recreational outings to local restaurants, malls, and cultural attractions. Grand Villa residents live in comfortable apartments that range in size from cozy studios to spacious one-bedrooms. We offer private accommodations, as well as companion apartments. Our goal at Grand Villa is to provide an enriching experience for every resident. Our mission is to promote health, safety, and fun to provide the best lifestyle possible. Our commitment is to act with integrity, protect privacy and dignity, and encourage independence in a caring environment.

Thank you for considering Grand Villa of Pinellas Park senior living community. We hope you choose to join our family.

Our community is designed so residents can take advantage of the beautiful Florida weather. There are many outdoor areas for sitting and socializing, or taking-in a gorgeous Florida sunrise. The natural beauty of the region is on full display, and residents love to get out with our walking club, or find a shady spot in the all-weather atrium to enjoy a good book.

Features of Grand Villa of Pinellas Park

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• We charge an entry fee
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,095/month