Brookdale Pikesville

1840 Reisterstown Rd., Pikesville, MD, 21208

Reviews of Brookdale Pikesville

Caring103066450 March 11, 2015

We chose Emeritus at Pikesville for my mother-in-law. We actually chose it because of the people that staffed the place. The person who gave us the tour was wonderful and really put our minds at ease, the head chef was amazing, and the fact that they all work together as a team that you will find the chef answering the phone at the front desk, and they all get very involved in the residents and in the residents' lives. We just were very impressed with that. They have a dining room, they feed them three meals a day, and they have very good food. They have a lot of different activities including taking them off campus for lunches. They go out to lunch at least once a month. They would celebrate a different country every month and do a lot of activities centered on that country. We are very happy with it.

William103016450 March 02, 2015

Emeritus was very good. The staff was excellent. The rooms were very good. They were clean and had no odors. I thought the security was really excellent too. I ate there, and the food was very good. The vegetables and meats were standard. The dining room was very clean, and the staff waiting there was good too. They had activities like singing, people came in and played instruments, they had people reading to the residents, and they had trivia questions.

Caring99471150 December 28, 2014

There are a lot of stores around Emeritus at Pikesville. This facility is not very big. The person we talked to was very nice. Most of the rooms were a living room and one bedroom because it was assisted living. The residents were much older. They didn't have very many amenities. In terms of activities, every Wednesday they would go to Pizza Hut for lunch, and they have people come in to speak.

Caring95682450 October 06, 2014

Emeritus at Pikesville was recommended to us by my cousin, because she felt it was a good place so we had mom in there. It's all very lovely so far. It has just been a couple of weeks since she has been in there. They have bingo and games.They also have singers come on. It has a very nice central living room and a very nice dining area. They have dining area and lots of different rooms.

Jamie7 September 29, 2014

Emeritus at Pikesville is great the same with other Emeritus I have visited, but the only difference in them was cost. They were very nice, accommodating, gave me a lot of good information, and were very knowledgeable. They had big round tables, there were people eating there at the time that I went there. Everybody was seated at the round table so they could talk and all the ones that we talked to seemed pretty happy. The place is very clean; they showed me several different rooms, and it was very nice. They provided some of the furnitre that they might need like a coffee table and they have little kitchen, very home-like.

Jean97992150 August 27, 2014

I spent some time in a home in Emeritus at Pikesville. I stayed there for one month. It was pretty. The location was across from the shopping center. The apartment was great. It was clean, and the rooms were spacious. I think some of the apartments were independent living, but the majority of them were assisted living. They were wonderful! Everyone was nice to me. I got what I asked for and on time. They checked on me from day to day. The food was fine. They have people come in to the building and they have shows; of course they have exercise classes. They have a lot of things going on.

Caring84631050 June 30, 2014

My brother liked it at Emeritus at Pikesville. They have a beautiful front porch that patients can sit on. He actually has 2 rooms; one is a living space which is nice. He also has a microwave, a refrigerator and an easy chair. Food was very good and their dining room is beautiful too. He doesn't complain about the food. He certainly isn't losing weight, apparently its okay. In addition, the great room is lovely. They have activities; if you want to play cards, bingo or whatever. They also have a workout room.

Caring010509 May 31, 2014

I went to visit Emeritus at Pikesville when I looked for a place for my mom. The sales representative was nice. The place was pleasant, and the rooms were pretty. The price was just out of my range.

Caring85189150 May 20, 2014

Emeritus was pretty good. The staff was great. The rooms were pretty nice. From what I saw, the residents looked happy.

Robin28 May 20, 2014

Emeritus was very nice. My sister and I went there. They provided lunch for us, and the food was very good. The dining area was beautiful. The environment was very beautiful. It was very clean, and the staff was friendly. The director invited us into his office, and he is very nice, warm, and very informative.

Caring80765450 April 30, 2014

The director at Emeritus at Pikesville came to see me and took me on a tour at the facility. The facility seemed really nice and clean. They showed me the biggest room they have, and it was very nice. They also had a lot of things to do. The staff were all nice to me, and they were very friendly. I couldn’t say anything bad about this facility, but it's very expensive.

Laura28 March 28, 2014

Before my mother passed away, we had put her in Emeritus. My mother had only been there for two and a half months. It was a lovely place. They had a memory care unit. My mother had her own room in the regular part of the facility because there was no opening in the memory care unit; however, she was able to participate in the program during the day. The staff was excellent. The rooms were spacious. They were nice, and they had their own bathroom and sink with a microwave area. They also had refrigerators, which they supplied. Food was OK too.

Caring58680850 March 27, 2014

The staff at Emeritus at Pikesville were very nice and very accommodating. The rooms were nice, and they were on the bigger side. When I went over there, they had some activities going on.

Caring78802250 February 28, 2014

Emeritus at Pikesville is a very nice and pleasant facility. I went there for a visit while I was searching for a facility for my mom. It's very nice and very clean. The staff were very helpful in showing me around and the things that they offer. I was also impressed with the staff because they seem to have adequate knowledge to take care of the people living here. I went there during lunch time and the residents seemed to be enjoying the food and that was a plus for me. The dining room is very clean and it seemed to be well taken care of. The rooms were very nice and clean. The rooms are of adequate size and they have entertainment area for the people. It’s a facility that would qualify for my mother's if she needed assisted living, but right now she needs a nursing facility.

Stuart3 February 14, 2014

Emeritus At Pikesville is a wonderful place. I liked everybody. I met several clients and I had a wonderful luncheon with some people. Manager Todd couldn't have been nicer including the nurses. I'm extremely impressed that I've been recommending it to other people that could afford it. If I could afford it, I would definitely wanna go there. The level of service and the clients I met were interesting. I felt unusually at home. I really did. I didn't expect it.

Linda75244250 December 13, 2013

Emeritus of Pikesville was Brighton Gardens when my parents first moved in. Once Emeritus took over, I wasn’t very happy with the facility. They were also too expensive, more expensive than I thought it would be. I wouldn’t take it into consideration for my mother in law.

Caring70152450 October 30, 2013

Emeritus at Pikesville was a small facility. The staff though was friendly. Also the common living area was really inviting, warm and comfortable-looking. However, their rooms were really small for the price. My mom was immobile and has a wheelchair, but the room that we saw there has no moving space at all in my opinion. I also saw their dining area and it looked comfortable. It looked like a restaurant, but again, for someone with a wheelchair it didn't look that "movable."

Shaka October 26, 2013

We paid a down payment at Emeritus at Pikesville, but my mom decided that she did not want to go, I ask them to give my money back and they told me they couldn't. My mom never moved in, never used any of their services. We lost $5000. We have been waiting for three months now for a promise check and we called them but they never made a return call.

Valerie12 September 27, 2013

We visited Emeritus, however, we learned that we couldn't cook there. Although the staff explained why, we already knew that we don't want to stay there once we found out we couldn't cook. The rooms weren't big enough and we didn't like the area, too.

Mollie1 September 20, 2013

I did visit Emeritus at Pikesville. It is a very nice facility. They have a nice dining room. Mealtime is very flexible. The residents are able to go whatever hour for mealtimes. They also have a variety of foods to choose from. They have plenty of things to do for their residents. They have outings and residents can actually suggest where they want to go. They will just schedule and make arrangements for it. There are plenty of activities onsite as well. The staff is fabulous. They're very nice, very friendly and willing to help you and answer any questions you might have. This is a very good facility but they're just a little bit more expensive than we are able to afford.

Joan P.1 June 19, 2013

When you walk in Emeritus at Pikesville, you immediately got an extremely good feeling about it. My mom moved in there just this April and I chose this community for her because it was closer and accessible to both me and my daughter. Their staff are absolutely wonderful. Their caring staff are very attentive to their clients and they learn their clients' names quickly. They also have a wonderful wait staff and an equally wonderful chef. It was just an overall great place. My mom loves it there. Also when my mom had to go to the hospital and when they called me to alert me to what was going on, the emergency team was already there preparing to take her. So I was extremely pleased that they have reacted so fast. This facility is top notch and I would consider this place myself.

Diana10 May 24, 2013

I chose Emeritus because it was a secure facility compared to the first one where my mom stayed. She was in a big room with her own bathroom, sitting area and television. They had activities happening every day. I have not tasted the food but it looked fine. The facility was expensive since it was very secured and she cannot go out or walk away.

Caring 5920 April 16, 2013

My wife's been at the Emeritus at Pikesville for two months now. She's had a couple of incidents where she's fallen and hit her head. They have 3 or 4 caregivers during the day, but since I'm not there, I don't know how much attention they're giving her. She's lost her false teeth and tennis shoes in a combined area, and I don't understand how they can lose things like that. I'm paying $4,800 a month and I figured you should get pretty good care with that much amount.

Caring410 1 September 24, 2012

We think Emeritus of Pikesville is very nice. It looked like it's well-kept and the people are very nice. I think my son is treated very well. I would recommend this facility.

BenStein April 21, 2012

I toured this facility with a friend and was very impressed. Everyone was friendly. I even saw the administrator and the head nurse interacting with the residents which you don't see very often. It was clean and the food looked great. If I had to make the choice for a family member of mine it would without a doubt be Emeritus at Pikesville.

rara1234 March 14, 2012

When I visited my grandmother at this facility I was happy with what I saw. She was a very independant women and was initially horrified at the thought of living in a facility that took away this freedom. Emeritus, however, allowed her to maintain her own schedule and even encouraged her to be more active that she previously had been living on her own. I distinctly remember visiting and seeing her riding a stationary bike during her exercise therapy... something that I did not expect to see a 95 year old woman do with a smile. This facility gave my grandmother a routine that pushed her comfort levels in a positive way. She did not sit in her room and wait for her daily medication, as some may thing, but instead was able to interact with others, maintain physical fitness, and utilize all the wonderful attributes the center has to offer. The staff was kind and helpful always and clearly well trained.

StoopBasi July 13, 2011

Located just outside of the Baltimore Beltway in Pikesville, Emeritus at Pikesville provides gracious living accommodations for those who require a little extra help in their activities of daily living. As the U.S. population ages, more and more of these specialized facilities are being built to provide a safe and supportive environment for those who need just a little extra help in their daily activities.

Emeritus at Pikesville is a relatively new facility that is reminiscent of a large, country estate. When you pull into the parking lot and make your way to the entry doors, you immediately feel like this could be your home. Fresh flowers welcome you when you walk through the doors and you struck by the quality furnishings that adorn the entry hall and sitting room areas. To those looking for a home for their twilight years ... Emeritus at Pikesville could be just the place you are looking for.

I visited Emeritus at Pikesville last year when I drove my uncle there to visit his former army buddy, who moved there after realizing he was having trouble taking care of his basic needs. Emeritus does a very good job of making sure all residents take their medications, get dressed, go to breakfast, lunch and dinner, and participate in daily activities. Nurses and nursing assistants are never more than a few steps away from the residents, and they are helpful (without being pushy or intrusive). It's an assisted living facility that places an emphasis on ""living"" and to their credit, they push the residents to remain as independent as possible.

Cost is always a factor when considering an assisted living facility, and Emeritus at Pikesville is just as pricey as others in the area. However, because my uncle's friend was a Veteran who served during wartime, he was able to apply for (and receive) a monthly stipend from the U.S. Veterans Administration called ""Aid and Attendance."" This goes a long way in helping pay for about 20 per cent of the monthly, recurring fees.

The rooms at Emeritus at Pikesville are clean and moderately sized, with a private bathroom attached to each room. A small refrigerator is provided for drinks and any medication that needs temperature control. There is an emergency response system which can be worn around the neck for convenience and ease of notification.

The food at Emeritus is adequate and plentiful, but my uncle's buddy has had some issues with his dentures. However, if that is the only major complaint, I would say we are all doing very well!

From Brookdale Pikesville

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Location of Brookdale Pikesville