The Stratford Phoenix, AZ

Reviews of The Stratford | Phoenix, AZ

Overview of Ratings

4.5

March 23, 2015

I really liked the Stratford, but it was kind of expensive. Their location was a little bit inconvenient for me, but I would say the facility was clean and well taken care of. The sales person knew a lot of the people living there; they were very knowledgeable and willing to assist and help. People attending to be engaged, it was more updated, and they answered all my questions.

October 31, 2014

By Mark46

The Stratford was very good, but it wasn’t for quite ambulant people as it’s more of an independent care. Very clean places like brand new, people were really nice, and the neighborhood seemed nice. We have my dad all setup, we put the money down, he is qualified, and we met neighbors and we spent a lot of time there. It was a very nice place; the dining room was where we spent a lot of time and actually my dad sat down at the piano and played some songs. We had a good time with the day in-charge manager, and we went to the room -- a really nice apartment -- but my dad said this is just a fancy hotel. They have breakfast down here in the morning for you; you don’t have to worry about that. They served the breakfast in a continental style, and they got coffee. You buy your own groceries and you could go to the grocery store yourself. It was a beautiful place.

August 29, 2013

By Cyndi8

I am presently staying in a one-bedroom apartment here in The Stratford with a little kitchenette area. Their food and dining room are great. The staff is wonderful and I have no problems with them at all. I am impressed with their care of the residents who needed help. They had all kinds of activities for whoever likes them. They have tours and shopping. They also have massages. I am very satisfied and happy here.

August 30, 2012

By Quinn27

A close family friend moved into the facility the Stratford in the winter of 2010. The Stratford is located in the great area of Phoenix, Arizona. What I liked best on the many visits to the facility is that it is clean, beautiful, well maintained and so much more. The rooms are spacious and up to date. It is great that seniors can live in this place and be surrounded by other people their age but as well they have staff available if they ever need any help. They offer all day dining of delicious food for all their residents and if visitors come they can eat with them. The food was great on the different occasions that I had it, and our friend always says that it is wonderful. They do a lot of great outings and bring a lot of stuff to the facility. The residents don't have the opportunity to be bored if they don't want to be. The staff is highly qualified, the location is perfect if they want to leave there is a lot to do outside of things at the facility. The other thing the many of the residents that are not from Arizona like is that it never gets to cold, which is great for a lot of them.

July 12, 2012

By dannoffs

The staff was knowledgeable and caring. The facility was rather dated but it was well maintained and you could feel that the staff genuinely cared about the facility and its patients. The yard was very nice and well kept with plenty of places to sit around and visit. There is a nice play area for children and a pool. The location is excellent and very close to my residence. Other family members have stated that they wish to be sent there when they are elderly.

July 06, 2012

By Wes1

Overall, The Stratford Assisted Living is extremely impressive in my opinion. The atmosphere here is more like a fancy hotel than a retirement house. Yet, things here cost much less than the other retirement facilities that i know around the state. The reason for this is, mainly, Stratford is in Phoenix rather than Scottsdale, where everything is twice as much on the price. Additionally, the staff at Stratford is extremely helpful and knowledgeable when it comes to serving their patients. I do think that my aunt enjoys spending time here and a large part of that is thanks to the management and the people that working at this place. Moreover, this retirement house is one of the cleanest one in Arizona, I would say, because almost everything here is cleaned to the touch, and they have people clean things up two, if not three times a day. Overall, I have nothing to complaint about Stratford Assisted Living for retirements but rather positive feedback for them.

February 06, 2012

By Emmyrose

This is a medium sized resort style assisted facility.The buildings are gorgeous with Victorian style decor. The buildings and grounds are well maintained. There are studio and one and two bedrooms with partial kitchens. All units are handicapped equipped and have an emergency call system. They have a 4 building memory care unit and the community is dived into neighborhoods. The interior is beautiful decor with a Victorian style dining room. They do three meals and snacks a day restaurant style.the food is very good.They have sitting areas, billards room, card room, game room, fitness room, library, theater, ice cream parlor, a snack shop, and barber/beauty parlor. They offer housekeeping and linen/laundry service. They do all three levels of care. They have nurses on staff, med techs, and certified caregivers. The staff seems friendly and caring.They have doctors who come in. They have therapists on staff. They do transport to appointments. They have activities 7 days a week. They do bingo, parties, theater, outside entertainment, exercises, arts and crafts and much more. They go shopping, to restaurants, theaters, and other events.

December 22, 2011

By SRRA

Stratford is a beautiful professionally ran memory care facility. I would recommend it to specific group of people.  When I was there in 2010 I noticed that the staff consisted of many healthcare professionals who were very friendly. Out of five stars, I would rank the grounds a five, the common areas a five the residents' rooms a three, the staff a five and the quality of care a four.  The grounds are always well kept, the common ares of The Stratford is so nice and beautiful. Has a very inviting luxury feel to it. The residents rooms are very nice as well no complaints at all. The staff speaks for itself. The Stratford exceeds Arizona's standards of expertise. Overall, I'd give The Stratford a rating of five stars because because of their ratings with the Arizona Department of Health Services and their professionalism.

June 30, 2011

I have two uncles that are are both residents at this facility. They both have different needs,. and are each in different areas of the facility. They are so well taken care of here, it is awesome! I never have to worry. They are both very happy living here. The food is excellent, they have a private own chef! The surroundings are beautiful and clean. Each and every worker at the facility does their job, and they are not under-staffed. They care about each resident not just there care plans but there feelings as well. The surroundings are beautifully decorated and well kept. I recommend this facility to everyone and there loved ones, you will not be disappointed!

Let Us Search For You

• Pharma

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

• State Licenses: AL9579C

About The Stratford

From your first step onto the mosaic tile entry, to long after completing the move into a spacious apartment home at The Stratford, you will be pleased with the welcoming atmosphere and caring service.

Relieved of housekeeping, home repair and seasonable responsibilities for outside maintenance, residents can enjoy a variety of stimulating activities that provide social, educational, religious and recreational opportunities. Choices include community outings, musical programs, games, cards, gardening, painting, sewing, and much more.

Whether you're seeking a senior living community for yourself or for a loved one, one of the most desirable factors is a sense of warmth and home. Tucked into the center of a quiet, established neighborhood in north central Phoenix, The Stratford is setting new standards for assisted living. For those with memory impairment, The Stratford also provides a safe and secure 24-hour residential solution in a separate setting.

Located in a quiet established neighborhood in the heart of North Central Phoenix. Offering warm and welcoming Studio, One and Two bedroom apartment homes, exclusive dining, full activity program, housekeeping service, and transportation. Residents have access to 24-hour staff and care assistance, emergency call system, on-site medical, dental and therapy services. The Stratford offers a diverse program to meet the social, physical, cognitive, and spiritual needs of our residents.

Map of The Stratford