Olive Grove Assisted Living and Memory Care

3014 East Indian School Road, Phoenix, AZ, 85016

Reviews of Olive Grove Assisted Living and Memory Care

Caring103579550 March 20, 2015

I liked the way Olive Grove was set up, and the people that were in it were very nice. The rooms were nice, and being able to have meals made for me was nice. The rooms were not too small. The staff was good. I enjoyed talking with them. The surrounding is pleasant, and they made you feel comfortable.

Patricia Anderson1 February 26, 2015

Such a wonderful, wonderful place to live.

AZ native September 15, 2014

Staff is friendly. Facility is clean. But feel that the dementia area needs to be expanded. Too many residents in such a small area. They need more room to roam. Eating area and community room is too small for the number of patients. I made suggestions to their representative. They need more activities and maybe a bigger outdoor garden area. They need a hobby room something for more active dementia patients. I don't feel they are getting full quality of life treatment. Some independence is good, but I know with dementia there are so many different stages.

Caring72544050 November 27, 2013

My mother had stayed in Emeritus. It had a nice atmosphere. However, it was not fancy. They gave good help and her needs were met. It was a good place for her. Her room was fine. My mother was fine and did okay when she was there.

Cheryl1968 September 22, 2013

Disappointing. Low standard of care. Unprofessional management. Overpriced. My mother was a resident for a year. She had a number of health issues which were ignored until she had to be rushed out of there with a life threatening infection. They ignored her and med

icated her so she wouldn't complain. Every few w eeks a turnover of management, employees as well with no relative background. We finally moved her

Jackie9 April 30, 2013

I liked Emeritus' program, the food, and the activities. The staff was very involved and very caring. The lady that gave us the tour knew everybody that we would pass in the hallways. She was very warm and friendly. I really liked it. However, mom is not on Medicaid, so it was way too expensive for us. It's not affordable for people that are paying out of pocket. But I really like the activities. They were socially appropriate, interactive, and engaging. They work on cognitive skills, speech, some physical therapy, and exercises.

holasays September 13, 2012

Everything about the facility is very good-looking, both the interior and exterior of the community. The buildings are very clean and well kept. The rooms were very bright and seemed to give off a good vibe and create a good atmosphere. There were some activities going on some of the time. The residents here seem happy, and active. They also have a chance to socialize with one another which I think is very important for people who would benefit from assisted living. Before visiting I was kind of afraid that the smell would be horrible or a turn-off, but the smell was actually pretty decent. It was a permanent stench like one would find at a hospital, it was not uncomfortable. I have to say I was surprised when I saw the library and patios and BBQ area as well. Overall, I would consider Emeritus at Olive Grove to be a great choice for your elderly family member.

dangar26 August 24, 2012

I have visited Emeritus facility at East Indian School road in hopes to find the perfect living environment for my grandmother. In the facility everything looked really nice, from the inside to the outside. The facility seemed well taken care of and overall really clean. There seem to be a very friendly vibe from the workers and the residents. Everything was well lit and extremely cheerful. My grandmother and I where extremely pleased with all the activities going on at the time, and are confident that she would have a wonderful time at this facility. Emeritus really stood up in comparison to the other facilities nearby and we hope to make this my grandmother's home soon, as I am sure this will not only heighten her confidence but enable her an extremely superior quality of life. I am extremely happy we found emeritus and we are excited to have my grandmother attend this facility.

janlawton June 20, 2012

I have been my mothers caregiver for over 6 years, sharing a home together. She is a very independent, healthy 87 year old with the dreaded diesease of Alzheimer's. In January 2012, she moved reluntantly to Olive Grove. I was Mom's only caregiver and with her having Alzheimer's it was beginning impossable...we needed to live seperatly. I reserched for months and visited many options for my mom.....Olive Grove was exactly what we needed...her own living apartment, freedom with a watchful eye, and most important she could have her best friend (dog) to love and care for live with her. Everything is great for my mom, she has adjusted beautifully...made friends, feels helpful, and has her dignity. My job of staying on top of Olive Grove has become a nightmare.....I have so many complaints. I never believed the horror stories of elder homes I had heard over the years. It is true no matter how connected you stay. Without all the complaints, I would like to make a suggestion.....Professionals and people who choose to work in this service, need to be paid more to stay working with people who trust and depend them. The turnover of staff, nurses, aids, etc....causes more problems for the patient and family, with lost records, not knowing, forgetting and constantly hearing the excuse....I'm new, sorry. I am requesting a meeting with the staff and director to hopefully keep from Mom being sweep under the carpet. Also, a meeting with the director and finanical office....If they have one yet! As a last resort, I will move my mother to another assisted living facility. Mom will not be happy with me and I'm sure it will affect her. My learning continues....If we do move, I'll find a place closer to me along with havings her own apartment and of course keeping her dog, Chyna.

q2001 April 14, 2012

Emeritus is big and spacious. The outside reminds me of an actual home and makes you feel really comfortable. The building is very secure and they ID'd me before they let me in. One of the down points of the facility was that some of the employees were rude to me during my tour. Whether it was unintentional or not, I did't feel very welcomed by the receptionist or by some of the workers there. Some of the emloyees ignored me or did not acknowledge me at all. I also felt as though there should be more males working at the facility. They have a lovely dining area that the elderly can sit at and eat and intermingle. Aside from that, all of the workers seemed very experienced and all of them are licensed. I decided against sending my grandmother there for the simple fact that it was too far away from me, but the facility is very nice and secure.

divagal February 16, 2012

I visited this facility to see if if was a place I would want my mother to live and be cared for in. It was. The grounds were lovely, the interior seemed to be freshly painted and it was well appointed. All the rooms I visited; all the areas I went into seemed bright and cheerful and well maintained. People smiled and seemed pleasant. The facility was clean and smelled nice, not a "fake" smell. I was very impressed! I saw singing and daily newspaper reading going on and interactions between the residents and the staff was genuine concern and care. I am confident, not at all skeptical, that my mother will be well cared for here. Thank you!

Jeff B. December 30, 2011

The entire staff at Emeritus at Olive Grove are all very professional and also are very caring. Half-way through our introductory tour we were sure that this would be the best place for our dad. Everyone was so helpful, and worked together so well to make us feel comfortable and welcome into their family.

sallysdaughter October 20, 2011

Lorraine, Kristin & Patty have been wonderful!

Emmyrose September 09, 2011

This is a 2 story building. There are 80 independent and assisted and 20 memory care. They have studio, one and two bedroom with partial kitchens and a patio and balcony. Housekeeping and laundry services as well are offered. All are handicapped equipped and each person gets an alert pendant.

There is an outside courtyard with greenery and patios and bbq. They have a tv room, activities room, beauty salon, and a library.

Three meals and snacks are provided in the large dining. The memory care has their own dining room. The food is good and they offer a choice of two entrees and build your salad or sandwich.

They LPNs on days and on call. A few doctors come in and they transport to appointments within 10 miles. They do all three levels of care.They have certified caregivers and the staff seems caring.

They have lots of in house activities as bingo, games. parties, and bbqs. They also go out to activities like lunceons, movies, ball games, and other events.

This a nice appearing clean facility.

SpunkyLatin July 11, 2011

I have visited Emeritus at East Indian School road while in search for a assisting facility for a relative. I found the place equipped with necessary facilities. They offer some recreation programs such as exercise programs, aerobics and even yoga programs once, which would be a very good refreshing experience for old age people and sick persons like my relative. I found there rooms, baths, kitchen, patio etc clean and hygienic. They also provide special diet for individual person which is very good and not often seen in many of the assisted homes I have seen. Their dining facilities are good although I did not get a chance to taste the food there. I heard from my friend that their social game activities are enthusiastic and keeps the people in good mood and health. We ultimately chose a different home for my relative due to distance reasons.

From Olive Grove Assisted Living and Memory Care

Set on beautifully landscaped grounds with an outdoor courtyard and meandering trail, Olive Grove is one of Arizona's premier assisted living and retirement communities. Located in the heart of the Central Valley, our community offers 98 senior apartments, each with a patio or balcony with beautiful views. Our common areas include our lovely dining room, library, life enrichment room, and wellness center, giving our residents and their loved ones the opportunity to get to know each other.

We are located in a wonderful urban setting near Los Olivos Park, Manhasset Mart Shopping Center, Lindstrom Family Auto Wash, and only two miles from Phoenix Indian Medical Center. We are close to Scottsdale, Tempe and located in the heart of Phoenix. All apartments have their own private patio or balconey. Located near many medical centers.

Features of Olive Grove Assisted Living and Memory Care

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,270/month

• Minimum age: None

• Licenses: Directed Care
  • State License(s): AL9164

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Olive Grove Assisted Living and Memory Care