Brookdale Desert Ridge

4050 East Bluefield Avenue, Phoenix, AZ, 85032

Reviews of Brookdale Desert Ridge

August 14, 2015

Brookdale North was probably the least we would even consider, it felt very much like a hospital. Although the staff was very nice, everybody was very friendly and made an effort. It’s not that there is anything wrong with it; the dining room and the food quality was just mediocre.

October 22, 2014

By spool62

My mom resides at Emeritus which is now Brookdale at North Phoenix. They have made improvements and now have a full time activity director who provides a wise scale of activities including exercise and entertainment. My mom is at high level of care and is well taken care of by a great caring staff. The residence is very clean and organized and any time I have questions or concerns the staff answers them promptly. I highly recommend this facility.

September 12, 2014

I liked Emeritus. I thought it had a good care system, and so far, there’s adequate patient progression. I was impressed with the staff, particularly the health and social worker. Overall, the environment looked good.

September 12, 2014

Emeritus is clean, and the food is good. They have outings, movies, bingo, games, and art. They have church and bible study. The staff is OK, but we have a little concern about the response time; otherwise, it’s really good. If you need assistance you can push the button, which is great because it has a GPS and they can tell exactly where you are, but the response would take 15 minutes and sometimes it takes longer. It doesn’t happen very often, but it happens. The rooms have a little kitchen, refrigerator, sink, and a microwave, which are all provided.

August 30, 2014

Emeritus at Phoenix is a beautiful place with very friendly people and they have very good food. The staff was fantastic. Everyone I met there was very nice. What they showed me looked like a studio apartment and I realized that is way too small for me. Also, you would be having a roommate in that studio apartment. They have bingo, black jack, craft room, they have quite a bit of stuff. They had movies. They take them to the stores and other places. It's a really nice place, but it was not what I was looking for.

February 28, 2014

By AngelE

When we arrived at Emeritus at Phoenix it was like 9 o'clock in the morning and they had people just hanging around the lobby area. They did have a schedule of activities posted, but we didn’t see any of the activities going on though. They showed us the dining room from the doorway and told us that there was a menu posted. I didn’t have a feeling that the people there were overly happy either. There was one area that we walked through in the building that smelled terrible and obviously they are not going to get a very high rating.

January 24, 2014

By caring67866650

My visit at the Emeritus at Phoenix was just awful. We walked in and there was an older woman who had fallen out of her wheelchair. She was on the floor, her leg was stuck, she was crying and in pain, but nobody came to help her for at least a minute or two. That kind of turned my husband off. It was pretty bad. They wanted us to come back, so we went to have lunch with them. The girl who was supposed to show us around didn't have us on her schedule and she had another family to show around, so we went in a week and had lunch, which was horrific. I wouldn't feed it to my dogs. Then, their machine for certain drinks was down and they brought us this horrible tasting water and it just went from bad to worse. They really did want us to come back and try to have us see what they were really about, and my husband just said no. The food was horrendous, the care that I've observed was that woman falling and not having anybody rush to her side, and the person who was supposed to show us around didn't even know we were coming. That's one place we definitely would not want to go back to.

November 20, 2013

By Caleb Myers

Merely Existing; Definitely Not Living! This facility is all about filling beds. The only things that everyone gathers to are the meals. Then it resembles a bunch of Zombies going in the same direction. Staff constantly complaining about their $10/hr. wage. Even the food is not only redundant, but cheap and unhealthy. The meat had a constant resemblance to chewing gum, and then with dentures! The management can be seen running into their offices; never mingling. If depression has never been an issue, it will if anyone chooses Emeritus! The highlight in activities seems to be bingo and the weekly Walmart outing. What happened to: arts & crafts, music, piano, singing, promenades in the beautiful Phoenician weather, exercising on various levels, writing, book Clubs...... If you dislike someone, send them to Emeritus! The management has the talent of a fifth grader!

June 28, 2013

My sister's husband died recently, but we were able to tour Emeritus at Phoenix for him. It was a very pretty facility. The interior was very nice and very pretty. Their rooms were very nice and they were well laid-out. I liked the fact that they had a balcony. They also had a pool. The staff they had there were very helpful and very nice. Their prices too were pretty reasonable considering that they had a lot of activities to do. They had crafts and movie nights. They had exercise program and even church services. I had lunch there and the food was very good. It just felt like you can be home there.

June 26, 2013

By Clarisse2

My husband is staying at Emeritus at Phoenix. The staff is good. The surrounding is maintained and very clean. They serve their food on time and the room is comfortable to stay in.

January 30, 2013

By Leslie6

My mother and her partner wanted a facility with two bedrooms and two bathrooms. And Emeritus was the only one that actually had that apartment. They were pretty much responsive to the questions and concerns that I had. However, my mom's partner complained all the time that they were not responsive to him. I don't know if it was just a difference in perception. My mom complained about the food, but she was also having a lot of eating difficulties. One of the other reasons I chose this facility was they did have an option of things that people could do, but they wouldn't insist that people do them. They're not really pushy about activities. I thought that was a good thing because my mom and her partner were not interested. They just wanted to do their own thing. So they were happy with that. But I think a lot of the time the staff was disorganized. They could improve on communication between the management and the staff, so that they're not all answering the same questions with different answers. As for the nursing staff, the med techs, my mom was really happy with all of them. They were polite to her and did what she needed. She already passed. She's only been there about six weeks.

September 10, 2012

We liked the area and how the room was set up in Emeritus. They took us upstairs and showed us what the rooms looked like. There were two bedrooms and a kitchen area. It was a nice size bedroom. The place was nice, everybody we talked was really gracious. They were going to come and do a nursing assessment for us, so we could see what we needed because they too didn't really give all the services that my brother was going to need. What I didn't like about the facility was there was no private bedrooms. It was just like a hospital room, two beds almost side by side. There were like partitions, but still. I guess you could get a private, but he couldn't afford that. But one thing lead to another and the next thing I know my brother ended up in a hospital.

Photos of Brookdale Desert Ridge

• Licenses: Personal Care
  • State Licenses: AL4519

About Brookdale Desert Ridge

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Desert Ridge