Avista Senior Living North Mountain

350 East Eva Street, Phoenix, AZ, 85020

Reviews of Avista Senior Living North Mountain

June 15, 2016

By phxrog

My parents have moved in one month ago and have been very happy, the transition has been smooth due to all of the caring staff. The people living in this facility are all referred to as residents by the staff. This facility is small enough that every resident is know by their first name. Staff are very friendly and helpful.

November 12, 2015

By AG3

We're not too happy with Avista. There doesn't seem to be enough caregivers there. My friend has fallen twice and gotten hurt. It's not a very good place. The rooms are big enough but not clean every time we've come. Their work attitude is good; there are just not enough workers, so they're always stressed. They haven't really done anything with her. She's been too sick, and she's not eating at this point. They need more workers there.

April 18, 2015

North Mountain just seemed right for my mother-in-law, and it's a location that she's familiar with. The people are happy, and the people working there are doing a good job. It seemed they would be caring people. The dining area is clean, the lobby is nice, and some of the things have been updated. She is in a one-bedroom apartment, not luxurious, but nice and clean. We took it because it wasn't as expensive as some of the other places. It's not a real big place. For the money, it's very nice.

October 23, 2014

By S. O.

What I was told about Avista and what actually happened were two different things. I was dealing with trying to find assisted living care for a friend from quite a distance away and on short notice. Unfortunately, my friend was declared a "flight risk" and put onto their Memory Unit (locked) floor without anyone ever talking directly to her. This was $1000 more per month, and my friend was miserable there. It was very hard to hear "get me out of here" every night when I called her. A nurse from Avista evaluated her in person (finally) about a week after she arrived and determined she should be on the regular assisted living floors. A search was to begin to find her another unit facing the mountain, as her current one did. Three months later, with some hospitalizations in-between for my friend, I began to realize that Avista was not the right place for her. When I first mentioned that to the person in charge of the Memory Unit, all of a sudden (literally 2 hours later) a studio became open to move her to on another floor. By then, it was too late. My friend was too "with it" for the memory unit, and not with it enough to live on her own - so I set out to find her a smaller setting like a group home. The staff put a push on to try to keep her there, which got her very agitated because she felt she didn't know where she belonged. I was simply trying to do what was best for my friend (who was miserable the entire time she was there, but very patient about hoping for a positive change). None of the staff said anything about doing what was best for my friend....it was all about trying to keep her there. While my friend was at Avista, the staff were very good about returning phone calls, emails and texts. When I let them know the move to her new residence was set, communication from their end stopped. Nobody from Avista has ever said they were sorry things didn't work out there, or that they hoped she would be happy at her new home. When I flew out there to move her belongings, only the office manager asked how my friend was doing. I called the director and spoke to him about my frustration with her entire stay. There was never any sort of empathy for how the events had transpired and how unhappy it had made my friend. After talking for nearly 20 minutes, I told the director that I would be doing a review, and he accused me of threatening him and said he would refute anything I wrote. He said he would think things over and call me the next day, but he never did (it's been a couple weeks now). That alone exemplifies my disappointment in Avista. I'm sure there are people who have loved ones in the memory unit who are happy they are there - as well as people who are happy with the regular assisted living facility. Unfortunately, I can't count myself or my friend in either group. The entire stay there got messed up from the beginning, and rather than have a caring attitude about my friend, I felt that she was nothing more than $$ to them. If they truly care about people, then what is wrong with admitting their facility wasn't the right fit for my friend and wishing her well? I was told when I was signing the forms in the beginning that "we strive to make this a place we'd be happy to put our own parents". I will just say they are all smiles on the way in, and not very caring on the way out. I'm so happy my friend is now in a group home setting. She adjusted within 10 days and is happier than I've seen her in a very long time! In the end, it's her happiness and quality of life that matters....at least to me.

August 07, 2014

By Diana33

We liked Avista because it has various options available in the level of care. It's a relatively small community, I think there are only about 80 residents, which is very nice. My dad speaks Russian and there happened to be some Russian-speaking staff there which was wonderful. They provide three meals a day, housekeeping, and laundry. My dad has a lovely one-bedroom condo with a gorgeous view of the North Phoenix Mountain. They have a lot of activities for the residents. The caregivers are really attentive and very easy to talk to. They all immediately know him by name and every time I'm there, they know me. I would absolutely recommend Avista.

January 30, 2014

By JoAnn7

My first impression of Avista Senior Living North Mountain, walking in, was very, very good. It just feels very friendly, comfortable, cheerful, and clean. Activities offered and the staff was wonderful. They were very helpful and accommodating. The rooms that we saw were vacant and clean. We felt they were large enough, such that you don't get to feel crowded or cramped. The residents looked happy. We feel that it was the place for both my mother and my sister.

Photos of Avista Senior Living North Mountain

Features of Avista Senior Living North Mountain

• Minimum Memory Cost: $3500/month

• Psychiatric Care

• State Licenses: AL8638C

About Avista Senior Living North Mountain

Welcome to Avista Senior Living North Mountain

The vision of Avista Assisted Living Homes Phoenix North Mountain is family. We provide a friendly homelike environment where everyone knows their neighbor and we look out for each other. Friendship flourishes here as our caring staff embraces each resident with respect and dignity and recognizes the inherent worth of each individual.

We pride ourselves in being able to serve independent residents as well as those requiring support from our assisted living services. Individual care plans are drafted and monitored by the nursing staff according to the needs of each resident.

We want you to be at ease at Assisted Living Homes Phoenix North Mountain. That's why we offer a myriad of services and amenities to give you not only the comforts of home — but peace of mind, knowing that you have dedicated staff on-site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, providing outstanding senior services in Phoenix, AZ.

Assisted Living

A little assistance goes a long way. Avista offers Assisted Living residents a chance to maintain as much of their independence as possible, while accessing help in the areas they need. Caregivers are available 24/7 to help manage medications, assist with dress and grooming, and to provide companionship and friendship to our residents. We believe in the power and dignity of allowing our residents to do as much for themselves as possible and that is our goal. Our caregivers help to bridge the gaps that may arise with aging while providing in a home like setting. Just like home, our community offers activities and friends to help make each day productive and fun.

Memory Care

Avista Senior Living North Mountain has a secure, dedicated floor for our Memory Care residents. These wonderful friends who have lived very full lives now need some extra caring in a secured environment with specialized programming. Our beautifully remodeled Serenity Suites have lovely common areas, including a balcony adorned with fresh flowers that the residents help to care for. Meals are served family style and we have designed special spaces where families can come and spend time privately with their loved ones. You'll be amazed at all the detail that went into making this a safe, peaceful home for our residents. Shared or private accommodations are available.

Independent Living

Avista Senior Living offers peace of mind for seniors who are able to manage many of their own affairs, but enjoy a social life and the convenience of a caring community. Onsite laundry facilities and housekeeping services are available as well. Independent residents will find all of the comforts of home, as well as the opportunity to make lasting friendships with other residents and staff, when they choose to live at Avista.

Care Services
  • Medication management
  • Assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming and cognitive reminders
  • Individualized personal care plans to meet the specific needs of each of our residents
  • Secured Memory Care floor - Serenity Suites
  • Certified caregiving staff available 24 hours a day
  • Full-time nurse on staff
Activities | Services

Our apartments offer residents both security and comfort. Amenities and features include:

• Bright, airy studio and one-bedroom floor plans with northern or southern exposure
  • Private bathrooms with wheelchair access

Individual climate control in each apartment for All Residents:

• Lounge areas, game room and library

Thank you for your interest at Avista Senior Living North Mountain. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Map of Avista Senior Living North Mountain