Wesley Enhanced Living at Stapeley

6300 Greene St, Philadelphia, PA, 19144

Contact Now

Reviews of Wesley Enhanced Living at Stapeley

Ann Ricksecker October 30, 2015

My mother lives in the independent living section of Stapeley for over a year. It is a very good place for her and she has found activities and friends that are wonderful. The staff are friendly, attentive, and effective. The dining room is quite the gathering place! And every month there is a detailed and comprehensive calendar of events circulated to all that displays activities ranging from shopping trips to on-site movies; from day trips to local attractions to live afternoon music in the parlor; from manicure days to lectures on history, art, and world culture. Her apartment is large and light, and the services are very good (such as weekly cleaning service, and quick repairs when reported.) I highly recommend Wesley Enhanced Living at Stapeley!

BB California October 30, 2015

My sister has been a resident at Wesley Enhanced Living at Stapeley for about 3 years; she started in independent living and last year moved to assisted living. Prior to making the decision we checked out 7 other facilities and finally decided on Stapeley, a decision we never regretted . My family and I couldn't be happier, mostly because my sister is happy, with the services she receives and her new life! I have relatives in the Philadelphia area who visit her, but because I live in California there are times when I feel the need to check with staff to learn what they are seeing on a daily basis. Each time I've called I get a thorough report which is reassuring. I've also spent time visiting Stapeley on a more extended, daily basis when I travel to Philadelphia. The staff are very caring and friendly and make the residents their priority, this is most important to me. The food is good and I'm amazed at all the activities and services available to residents. While I was there I attended a cooking demo, listened to lecture on art and scheduled my sister to get her hair and nails done:-) On a final note, the marketing person was fabulous and went out or her way to answer all our questions and make helpful suggestions. We were so fortunate to find Stapeley. Knowing my sister continues to receive good care brings me great peace of mind. I highly recommend Stapeley if you are looking for care for a loved one.

Dr. Debbie October 30, 2015

Stapeley is a comfortable, friendly senior living setting where the staff share not only their skills and expertise, but themselves, as well. The atmosphere in the halls and common rooms is positive and welcoming. New people (visitors and residents alike) are approached and engaged by veteran residents, who are happy to meet new people, to answer any questions, and to share their own experience of Stapeley. Quality music, lecture, and other educational/social opportunities are on offer.

I have found the staff responsive whenever I have had a question or need. There is a friendly Chaplain on staff, so residents and staff alike have access to a spiritual resource person on site. Oh, and the food is good! There is a reasonable choice at meals, and the dining room is very pleasant, surrounded on three sides by lovely views of the property.

To sum it up: well-maintained, spacious living quarters, friendly neighbors, competent & caring staff, good food, and a nice array of things to do - Stapeley is a good place if these matter to you!

Careforthelderly June 03, 2015

I witnessed as my mother tried to get services for her mother in law. Due to their income the representative at Wesley Enhanced Living told my mom not to waste her time looking at Wesley. The representative took it upon herself to cancel the appointment to tour the facility and rejected any further inquiries due to money. I was not pleased to hear about this.

Caring79317150 March 27, 2014

It was felt that the surroundings at Wesley were much more conducive, much homier. It has a much nicer feel to it. We felt that the people who were working there, both administratively and nurses and attendants on the floor, were much more attentive and respectful of the residents. Financially, it worked. It has a nursing home attached to it, so my parents can just easily move in to the nursing home. The building itself was an older building, but I think it was restored. They kept a lot of the nice parts about it - the wood, the big windows that they have, the big doors, the moldings. The room itself also has a bathroom attached to it, which was something that we liked about it. It's big enough to have their bed, a couple of small dressers, a TV, a couple of chairs, wall to wall carpeting, stand-up shower and high ceilings, which was nice.

The staff is very attentive and that was one of the things that we like. They were very willing to work with our parents and do little things that other places might not have been willing to do in order to make them feel at home. The more that I personally go there to visit my parents, the more I get to notice that and it's always the same every time I go, which is also nice and consistent. So I'm very pleased with it.

They had music. They had a woman come in and play the piano and sing. They had another musical thing where they had piano and flute with a little bit more of a band type situation. Every Sunday, they have a non-secular religious hour that we usually attend. The other activities I know of is current events, but my parents haven't really been involved in because they didn't have much interest.

I feel good about the care and the people that are there. I feel like my parents will be taken care of when I, my sisters and brothers aren't there. They have been there for two and a half weeks, but I already feel like they're doing better.

Sharon40 February 01, 2014

The staff at Wesley was great. They're very nice and very engaging. Their studio was very nice for a studio. We've come for a couple of special events and 2 dinners. The dining room was nice. I'm sure they have plenty of activities but mom hasn't done anything else. The only thing I know that mom did was bingo. I guess they could improve on a more affordable buy-in rate.

stargirl316 May 08, 2012

I am a musician who enterains at this facility. I have found the caregivers to be consciounce and caring to the residents. They truly care about them. The facility is clean and pleasant. I am impressed with the way the staff is truly concerned about the residents' welfare. I would recommend this facility for a loved one.

From Wesley Enhanced Living at Stapeley

Affordable living options. A tradition of outstanding care and services for older adults.

Stapeley offers the best of urban living with easy access to Center City, the Main Line, and Chestnut Hill. There is a full range of senior living options, including residential living, personal care, rehabilitation and skilled nursing care, and alzheimer’s and dementia care in a special unit called Bridges.

Honesty, integrity and the worth of every human being - values instilled by the Quakers who founded Stapeley in 1904 - are still very much a part of the community today. What’s more, Stapeley gracefully reflects its historic roots with beautifully preserved architecture and antiques in a quaint, welcoming setting. Located less than 10 miles from Center City Philadelphia, the community provides ready access to the city’s wide range of cultural and entertainment offerings.

Natural beauty lies just outside the door - our grounds are uniquely surrounded by a small hardwood forest inhabited by birds and wildlife. Wesley Enhanced Living at Stapeley is truly a community that must be seen to be appreciated.

Our building was renovated last year and has a fresh new look throughout. The look and feel of our community is similar to a “bed and breakfast” with warm colors, inviting rooms and makes people feel comfortable and at home.

Features of Wesley Enhanced Living at Stapeley

• Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Psychiatric care

• Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: AL entry Fee: $5,000 w/special discounts
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,900/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 65

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 78920