The Terrace at Chestnut Hill

495 East Abington Avenue, Philadelphia, PA, 19118

Reviews of The Terrace at Chestnut Hill

August 29, 2014

I visited Arbor Terrace today. It seemed very warm and inviting. We saw a reunion of old friends and there were residents and staff greeting us as they walked through the halls. The whole staff there seemed very friendly. They have laundry, housekeeping, three meals a day, and also personal care for the assisted living portion. They have a geriatric counselor that meets with the residents one-on-one and helps them either transition into assisted living or just checks in on them once in a while. The room was nice. The person was in the process of moving out so there was furniture around, but it was a good-sized room. It has a kitchenette and a large bathroom. I did see the dining area. It was furnished nicely and I saw people cleaning up and setting up the tables again for the next meal. They were very personable as well. They have all kinds of activities going on. They have an enrichment program where students of Arcadia University come in and have classes with them. It's a very educational environment. They have word games to stimulate their minds and they have themed events and celebrations -- they have all kinds of games and exercises, too. They usually have three activities going on at the same time throughout the day. They also have physical therapy there.

July 31, 2014

By Michael88914150

I was only at Arbor Terrace for a brief tour but while there everything seemed to be nice. I didn’t see anything that was awkward. It was definitely a positive experience. The staff is very courteous. We weren’t rushed; they took time in answering questions that we had. It was definitely a clean place. I don’t know how old the building itself was but everything about it seemed modern. Their dining room was well lit and was wide open space with plenty of places to sit. Some residents there seemed passive; different people have their health situations but no one seemed unhappy. They have crafts and they do fieldtrips. They rent a shuttle bus to come by and at certain times during the month people who are interested can join along and they take a trip off to a restaurant for dinner. They do shopping trips as well.

July 31, 2014

Arbor Terrace was satisfactory. It was clean. It was probably a medium size community and it looked new. I was treated well. The staff were warm and informative. It was homey. I didn't see any activities but they do have an activity board. It's a nice facility; it's just not affordable. It's also out of my mother's price range.

July 20, 2014

By Kathleen30

I like Arbor Terrace at Chestnut Hill a lot. The woman that I talked to was excellent. She spoke very highly of the community. She talked about the unique diversity of educated people that live there. This is an assisted community, but they also have memory care. The rooms were very spacious. The window sills were deep. However, the bathrooms and the kitchenettes were a little outdated. One part of the building was very old but beautiful. It was the mansion. What they did was, they made additions to the place, and I thought it was very nice. So the grounds were half new and half old.

July 07, 2014

By gwendolyn2

Arbor Terrace had the nicest outdoor facility. They had a very beautiful terrace and garden. Part of it is an older building and part is new, so it had a funny transition in the middle. The décor is really lovely, classic club décor. It is the most visibly populated place that we visited, and most of the residents were out in the common rooms. There were several different activities going on. The staff was great. They were really nice, and many of them had worked there for a long time. The rooms were a little bit smaller than the other places, which was totally fine. It had the most ethnic diversity.

October 11, 2013

By SE

I liked Arbor Terrace because it was clean and bright. The staff was engaged and energetic. The food was very good. They had lots of activities. I liked the area, it was very nice. Beautiful facility.

July 24, 2013

By Joann4

I liked Arbor Terrace a lot, it was very nice but it was too expensive. The staff was very nice and I was very impressed. The residents looked happy. The rooms are nice and I would recommend Arbor Terrace.

October 17, 2012

It was very nice. The food wasn't quite good, but the people were nice. They offer a more extended program. They can do hospice and all sorts of things. It was clean, homey, and it seem like they renovated frequently enough that it was up to date. The grounds was fairly nice though small. I would recommend Arbor Terrace to others.

May 08, 2012

By smiley2

This facility is well maintained. The staff provide excellent care and attention to details and are very helpful. The meals are well-prepared and there is a variety of cuisines that provide a unique and interesting dining experience. The residents are also offered a variety of activities and events. I recomment Arbor Terrace at Chestnut Hill in Philadelphia, PA as a reliable alternative when trying to decide how to provide a safe and secure living environment for your parent(s).

March 07, 2012

By kaff

Arbor Terrace is as close to home as any place away from home can be! The facility is beautiful. The main entrance and lobby is in an old mansion. The rest of the facility has been added to this stunning building.The staff is friendly and helpful. They seem to be actually happy to be working there. They always have time to stop and chat and ask if you need anything. They have the utmost respect for their client and it shows in everything they do.They have private or semi-private rooms. The rooms are very nicely appointed and large enough for the single bed, a closet, a dresser and enough sitting room so that a visitor doesn't feel cramped. The bathroom is set up for the handicapped.All meals are served as though you are in a fine restaurant. The tables are cleaned promptly after each meal and reset thoughtfully. There is always a choice of 2 entrees. If you don't like either, you can request a sandwich.There is also a room that is stocked with coffee, juice and some kind of fresh pastry as well as cereal and milk. This room is accessible to residents at all times.Days are filled with activities such as worship services, movies, bingo, card playing, and sometimes a visiting musical group or lecturer.Residents are treated like the intelligent, valuable older adults that they are. Arbor Terrace is a sparkling clean, friendly, warm and comfortable place to reside.

Photos of The Terrace at Chestnut Hill

Features of The Terrace at Chestnut Hill

• Minimum Memory Cost: $4200/month
  • Fee Structure Extra: In Memory Care Rent Is All Inclusive

• Licenses: Personal Care
  • State Licenses: LIc 141570

About The Terrace at Chestnut Hill

Our community offers gracious residential living in a home-like setting with dedicated and knowledgeable staff available 24 hours a day to meet the personal needs and individual demands of each resident.

Spacious living rooms, private or companion apartments, formal and informal dining rooms, landscaped outdoor areas, and more combine to provide a safe, secure, and comfortable environment for each resident to ‘make their own’.

A full range of activities are conducted on-site – with cookouts, outdoor leisure times, and trips for shopping, concerts, and tours. All provided with the care, concern, and commitment of staff members whose only goal is the comfort, well-being, and support of our residents.

Memory Care

In addition to our personal care services, our community provides a completely self- contained, secure memory care unit for those with Alzheimer’s and memory-related dementias.

What We Offer:

• Concierge Services. Friendly staff are available to assist you throughout the day.
  • Living Room. A nice place where you can relax with a glass of iced tea or enjoy a chat among friends.
  • Dining Room. Offering chef-prepared favorites that appeal to the most particular tastes.
  • Bistro. A place to try your hand at a new recipe or enjoy an afternoon snack.
  • Library. Where you can settle down in a comfortable chair with a good book or magazine.
  • CyberSenior Area. Where you can check your e-mail, surf the internet or stay connected with friends and family with virtual visits.
  • Therapy and Rehabilitation Room. Equipped with knowledgeable staff, a place where you can receive on-site physical, occupational and speech therapy.
  • Wellness Center. A place to receive minor medical attention by professional staff.
  • Salon and Spa. Where you can find residents being pampered with hairstyling.
  • Front Porch. Adorned with rocking chairs, a place to keep abreast of the comings and goings of the community.
  • Beautiful back terrace with tables and umbrellas, a walking path, and garden enjoyed daily by residents for engagement programs, music, events, and family gatherings.

At The Terrace at Chestnut Hill, each member of our community enjoys the opportunity to 'live life their way'. Our valued residents enjoy assistance when required, and freedom when desired

Map of The Terrace at Chestnut Hill