Paul's Run

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Paul's Run

November 08, 2012

By NEPhillyChick

The facility looked clean and had neutral pink decorations, but it smelled really bad like urine throughout the whole building. It also had a big room with windows that families could sit in and meet with their relatives in the assisted living facility, which was nice. The staff was very attentive to my grandfather and spoke with him as I visited. My grandfather said that he couldn't wait to leave because he was really bored there and he said the nurses would wake him up every two hours. He also didn't like that he had a roommate who was in pain all the time and would moan loudly. There weren't any real activities to keep my grandfather busy either. He said they had him coloring during the day. Even though he was there for a problem with his arm, he wasn't allowed to walk in the hallways and had to be pushed in a wheel chair, as per company policy.

May 31, 2012

By pedro214

It was a very nice environment with great employees. The food was actually not bad and people very very nice. The rooms were spacious and there was television, phone, flowers, toilets, a sink, very nicely painted and quaft walls, a beautiful ceiling, and awe-inspiring windows. The drawers fit very many clothes, as well. It is quite the retirement home with quite the knowledgeable staff. The assited living was very helpful to my wonderful grandmother. She greatly enjoyed it and was helped. The security was fantastic. However, there was once a huge robbery in the building, but oh well.many of the residents were deaf so televisions were very loud! And the security cold assist very well. This place had a lot of parking, too. There was so much parking that even the senior citizens agreed in the abundance. In closing, Paul's Run is a wonderful place with few flaws. It is recommended to live there.

August 16, 2011

By T.N.S

Pauls Run in my opinion is the worst and last place that you can put a loved one. The staff is not friendly, the place appears to be in desperate need of renovation, and in my opinion the patients are not well taken care of. My mother in law was in the skilled nursing section of the facility for a short period and while there the staff was unpleasant to deal with along with and unfriendly to my mother in law in front of my husband and I. We also had a hard time having my mother in-law released as the social worker would not sign off on the release and we had to continually call. If cost/insurance was not a factor my lovely mother in law would have never been in the facility.

June 05, 2011

By WillowSil

Friend or relative of resident

My father's parents were residents at Paul's Run for almost five years until they both passed within a few months of each other. They were in the independent living section, which means they had their own apartment; one bedroom, one bathroom, galley kitchen, living room/dining room. They had access to the outside via a small patio and their front door was off a hallway that provided easy access to the dining room, recreational areas, and gift shop. The staff were nice, the building was fairly well kept and the grounds were always clean and tidy. Both of my father's parents died suddenly, so neither one of them spent any time in the assisted living or nursing home areas of the facility, so I can't really comment on those sections of the community. The food was all right; not five star gourmet by any means, but not terrible either; think cafeteria. Whenever we visited we were made to feel welcome by staff and there were usually activities being held in the main recreational area. One small thing that I liked was that are built-in benches and seating areas along some of the halls, making it easy for people to sit and chat or stop for a moment if they need to catch their breath, as I frequently saw some of the elderly folks there do. Pauls Run is an older community, as far as the age of the building but it is maintained in decent shape. There's plenty of parking and visiting hours are fairly flexible and family time and activities/outings as feasible are encouraged.

Features of Paul's Run

• Russian
  • American Sign

• Pets: All Pets

About Paul's Run

Paul's Run is an assisted living facility in Philadelphia, PA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Paul's Run for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Paul's Run