Atria Center City

★★★★
America's Highest Rated Communities

Reviews of Atria Center City

Carol70192650 November 27, 2013

The staff at Atria Center City showed who showed me a couple of rooms and showed me around was very pleasant. The facility overall is just average. The lobby is okay and the rooms were nice. I saw people in the lobby. I think they have activities as I saw people going to events from a bus.

Caring70935650 October 31, 2013

I'm at Atria with my mom now. We love the place and everything's working out good. The room is spacious for what we picked out. It's the smallest room they have.

peaceful warrior February 19, 2013

As a relative of a resident at the Atria, I have spent a lot of time there, slept there eaten there, enjoyed time with other residents & staff. My relative who has very high standards, led a privileged, cultured life, had a beautiful house she didn't want to leave LOVES her spacious magnificent apartment. The management could not not be more caring. The maintenance dept is stellar. They know all the residents' by name & help them with personal tasks in their apts with a smile. One of the reasons I chose the Atria was the friendly caring staff. They don't get better. The dining room (which is open all day inbetween meals) is spacious & bright with windows facing Logan Circle fountain, Moore College of Art & the Franklin Institute is amazingly wonderful. Oh, & btw, all the of the wait staff know everyone by name & know their food preferences. Just about anything you want to eat is available for the asking. The park is across the street, feet away from the Atria door. Fabulous museums are in walking distance or the Atria Van is available for rides all day for pleasure as well as medical apts. I never thought it possible for my relative to be so very pleased. Not having the graduated care program was an issue but her Dr & I decided that quality of life was more important & that when the time comes we'll hire a nurse or aid if necessary. The thing is, the resident can stay in her familiar apt & continue to have meals in the same dining room, attend the concerts & activities & not have to be disoriented. So, as you can see, I recommend the Atria very highly for anyone making a transition.

Caring215 October 17, 2012

Atria seem very nice, so I don't have anything negative to say. The food was very good, we had lunch there, and we saw a couple of apartments. It was clean and the price was pretty reasonable for the city of Philadelphia. They didn't do nursing care and didn't have much way of extended care options, so you have to hire out.

coolmo123 July 31, 2012

From what I have talked to the relatives, I have heard nothing but good things. Some of the Dept. Heads really do care and strive to deliver excellent resident satisfaction, the sales, nursing and especially Memory care Directors really work hard and will do whatever it takes to make sure the residents are pleased.Getting to know the residents and enjoying what i do to keep them satisfied everyday,and this being their last experience in life before them move on to the next phase in their lifes. And because someday i will be a senior and would love to have the experience that the staff give them and I could be given the same respect and love that is shown daily within the entire staff at Atria senior living group.There is so many different things to do there. No one can be bored or be left out!

M. J. Wyatt October 31, 2011

In April 2005, I put a family member in Sterling Glen of Center City Philadelphia. (In 2009, it sold to Atria and is now Atria Center City Philadelphia.) From the beginning, the service was below par and management showed no interest in correcting the problems. I was paying for medication management"”that is, medication is to be distributed to the resident and administered. However, on numerous occasions I found the medication sitting on the kitchen counter. Complaints to management fell on deaf ears. Inspection by the licensing agency, Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare, revealed that the records had been falsified to indicate the medication had been administered. I was even told by the Director of Wellness that an unauthorized aide was distributing the medication. This is against the law. After several vehement complaints, the problem seems to be corrected. However, there have been other problems"”huge instability in management. One Executive Director stayed for only six months. Residents went for almost a year without leadership. There have been several changes in the Director of Wellness over the past three years. Some were fired; some ran out in horror because of the futility of trying to improve the department. Many employees are not trained properly. Many are incompetent; many do not take the initiative to report problems that need to be corrected. Many are rude and dishonest. Yet, they are allowed to continue working there. Some employees have been hired without criminal or educational background checks. Repairs are not made and there are safety and security violations. Residents do not get the services they are charged for. To add insult to injury, the rent keeps increasing and last year there was an 8% rent increase. It was unconscionable. This increase was disproportionate to the increase in the cost of living and out of sync with the below par services"”costs are high, service low. Atria's goal is to make money for its investors; not to give quality care to those who pay for it. This is not a state of the art facility; it is not recommended. But, the building is beautiful.

Thank you for your feedback regarding Atria Center City. We are sorry to learn that your experience at our community was dissatisfactory. Atria is proud of the high standard it sets for its senior living communities, and strives to continually improve the experience of all residents and families. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience with us in more detail in order to better understand the situation. Please feel free to email us directly at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

From Atria Center City

Atria Center City offers the best of both worlds: downtown city living with the comfort and convenience of home. Invite family and friends to enjoy a breathtaking view of Philadelphia from the rooftop garden, or take a trip to one of many nearby attractions. Located in the heart of Philadelphia, Atria Center City is minutes away from shops, restaurants, parks, libraries, universities, museums and art centers.

Atria Center City offers the following services:

• Staff available 24 hours a day
  • Choice of apartments
  • Anytime Café
  • Full-time director of events and activities
  • Emergency call system in every apartment
  • Personal emergency response pendant available for each resident
  • Daily restaurant-style meals
  • Housekeeping services
  • Maintenance of apartments, community, and grounds
  • Medication assistance
  • On-site hair salon and barber shop
  • Fitness center
  • Chauffeur-driven town car and bus

Close relationship with the Philadelphia Museum of Art, offering regular museum visits and traveling exhibits shown in the community --- Located near the Barnes Foundation, Logan Square, The Franklin Institute and Moore College of Art & Design

Features of Atria Center City

• Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy