Legacy Assisted Living Pewaukee, WI

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Legacy Assisted Living | Pewaukee, WI

June 05, 2017

By anonymous1002416077

Staff is friendly and facility is new and well maintained. There are communal areas and activities designed to stimulate mental acuity. Some unexpected drawbacks were noted in my visits. It appears that while the monthly fee includes most services and supplies, there are some "essentials" that must be ordered by the family and paid for separately. Though my elderly friend was noted to be "pretty good" with bowel control, she was nevertheless in adult diapers. On my visit,she ran out of this article and was dressed by staff without underwear of any type. Upon inquiry, it appears that this item could be supplied, but at cost billable to the main account. The same for articles like skin care cream, shampoo, denture cleaner, body wash, etc. Upon observing shortages in these areas, a breakdown in the chain of messaging occurred, with front-line staff failing to bring these issues to the attention of management. It appears that the staff would apply lotion to aging dry skin if available, but would skip this essential care otherwise. This is a health hazard, as dry skin can crack, opening a gateway for infection. Nutritional support is still a work in progress. While present for lunch, the protein offered was fish, which my good friend does not eat. She promptly placed her fish on my plate. The only other components of lunch (supposedly the largest meal) was a tablespoon of white rice with vegetables stewed beyond recognition. She declined to eat these, choosing instead to consume the cake brought for desert. When I asked a staff member if an alternate protein source was available, a ham sandwich was brought (with cheese, which my friend also does not eat). To humor me she peeled off the cheese and ate 5-6 bites of the sandwich. No attempt was made to offer other protein options. When coffee was brought, my friend scalded herself, as the drink was way too hot and she no longer takes milk. An additional deficit was the encouragement by staff for her to subsist on Tootsie rolls and other sweets containing high amounts of sugar. While this might be her preference, it is hardly a solid nutritional plan. From my own experience of taking her outside the facility to eat, with gentle encouragement she could be inclined to consume quality protein. No such encouragement seemed to be available on site. Claim was made for a weight gain of 3 pounds since arrival (7 months) but this was hardly progress since she had clearly lost > 10% of her normal weight before arrival. Some of these deficits might be remediate do with additional "for monthly cost" that her family feels unwilling to pay, but this is not presently clear. I will be following up on these and other issues.

December 21, 2015

My mom has moved into Legacy Assisted Living, a memory care and assisted living facility. So far, they seem to be taking good care of my mom. It is a brand-new facility. They seem to have enough staff that attend to her needs and give out her meds. My mom seems to be doing well.

About Legacy Assisted Living

Legacy Assisted Living is an assisted living facility in Pewaukee, WI that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Legacy Assisted Living for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Legacy Assisted Living