Sunrise of Petaluma

815 Wood Sorrel Drive, Petaluma, CA, 94954

Reviews of Sunrise of Petaluma

Kathy112674450 August 31, 2015

I did a tour at Sunrise of Petaluma for my mom. It was a nice tour. I learned a lot about the facility. Then two weeks ago, I went back for an unscheduled visit, and it was equally as lovely, clean, and nice. The first time I went, it happened to be the same weekend where it had like a family-open house weekend, so there were lots of activities and lots of visitors coming and going. When I came back for an unannounced visit, my brother and I arrived at a lunch area, so more people were in the dining area, but they had some things set up for stuff that was going to happen after lunch.

Margaret111743350 August 15, 2015

I thought the staff was very knowledgeable at Sunrise of Petaluma. They were very helpful, and they asked a lot of very important questions, which gave me the impression that they really knew what they were talking about. They also gave me the impression that they were very caring. I thought it was very clean, and I liked the layout. It did not look very industrial. It looked very homey.

Kathy107543450 May 22, 2015

Mom was at Sunrise of Petaluma before she died. The place was wonderful. It was a very caring and good place for her. The staff was excellent and caring. They were hands on, and they gave her hugs. They knew her name from the very start. They lovingly invite her to activities. She ended up walking with her walker, and she ate a lot. She likes the food there. It smelled good in there all the time. It was really a great place. They have a memory care section where nobody could go in or out without a staff member taking the time to come and open the door. With their activities, they have tea parties, bowling, and car rides. It was really top quality.

Caring105949250 May 08, 2015

Sunrise of Petaluma was a little bit older. The facilities looked nice. They had a dining room, but not extensive hours. The lady that showed us around was very cordial and very nice and explained different things about the facility. She was very helpful, and she has called me back.

Caring100734250 February 11, 2015

My sister passed away, but we were really happy with the care that she got from Sunrise of Petaluma. The people were very caring, and I am very happy we picked them. I thought it was really nice. They were very helpful and friendly.

Caring80056450 April 09, 2014

Sunrise was just a warm atmosphere. I liked it. They assign a personal attendant to every one of the residents, and they look after that person all day and night. I'm still in my home and I'm managing very well and my health is still good. So if I have to go into a home, I will go into the same one that owns the Sunrise in Monterey, CA. My daughter is in Pacific Grove. So I would go into that one.

The staff who met with us was warm and took us around and showed us everything, and then we went to lunch. We ate with the staff member who was showing us around. She was very warm, and you could tell the people love their work. I was impressed. They're just outstanding. They were very nice, warm, and welcoming to us.

The rooms were very nice. I saw one that was furnished, and I thought I could live in that apartment myself. They had activities, and the people just seemed happier there, even though they were a little bit constrained because they do not let people in too much because of the flu epidemic. But it was just a different atmosphere. The people working there seemed to like what they were doing, and they were just more friendly. I like the building. It's more open, and it was built for a rest house. It's light and airy.

deni144 December 12, 2012

Very friendly and caring staff.

Ritz1 August 28, 2012

The facility took care of my Aunt and all her needs. They provided her with the foods, music, and television she liked. She was also provided companionship towards the end of her days. The staff was always extremely helpful with my Aunt's condition. My Aunt had Alzheimer's and would often forget who she was talking to in mid-sentence. The staff always treated her with patience and respect. I would recommend this facility to any family who has a loved one plagued with the awful disease of Alzheimer's.The staff would frequently play cards and other games with my Aunt. She loved to play bingo, and the staff provided her with a bingo night at least once a week.My Aunt wandered away from the facility one day and sent my family into a panic. The staff immediately called my family to notify us of her being lost. The staff also called the police and the police were able to locate her within an hour. We were very grateful that they were very attentive in finding her.

hsbc87 June 29, 2012

I thought it was a very good facility, good staff, everyone was friendly. The facility was also very nice as were the people. Very helpful with the medical issues that had to be done, getting the proper medication etc. I would recommend this place to anyone else that was in need for an assisted living facility. Another thing I really liked about this place and of course wouldn't be the same for everyone was that it was very close to where I lived. It was much more convenient not to have to drive to the next town over or go through a ton of traffic for a visit and it always made my grandfather extremely happy to see us. He never complained about the facility and seemed to generally enjoy it which made me extremely happy. Overall I would give this facility a 8/10, it wasn't the fanciest but it also was much cheaper than some other options out there which is a big factor as these costs can add up quickly. Of course I would have liked to have it be a 5 star hotel but unfortunately that's just not always available. Still I am pleased with everything that they had to offer.

From Sunrise of Petaluma

Located just minutes from historic downtown Petaluma, California, two award-winning golf courses, Highway 101 and Petaluma Valley Hospital, Sunrise of Petaluma offers a beautiful view of Sonoma Mountain in a quiet residential neighborhood. We pride ourselves on our personalized service, creative and engaging activities, and memory care in a fun and home-like environment.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. Sunrise of Petaluma stops at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites, to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent at Sunrise of Petaluma is a welcome one.

Features of Sunrise of Petaluma

• Diabetic
  • Low fat
  • Low salt

• Pharmacy
  • 24 hour nurses: 20 hours/week

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Pets: No Pets