Brookdale Peoria

Reviews of Brookdale Peoria

Overview of Ratings

4.0

By Caring91199050

Not all caregivers are the same-some really do care, others just show up! Knowing your residents and being able to know their needs when they can't ask is special. Communication is important.

By Caring91197950

The staff takes great care of my mom. It is a huge relief to have her in a place where we know she is safe and well cared for.

By Al10

My husband is watched and cared for at Sterling House. My Mom was there. My Aunt was there. And now my husband is there. I visit almost everyday and they embrace you and know who you are. They will help in any way possible. Very homey!

March 03, 2014

By dufner

The staff are great- caring,personable,cheerful.They really try to keep residents safe, happy, healthy and occupied. The facility is very clean and virtually odor free. Pleasant homey touches. The food is good. Good portions. Snacks always available. Staff turnover is very low!

February 28, 2014

By DJ3

I looked at Sterling House of Peoria for mom. I like this facility, but they have a high percentage of seriously Alzheimer's people. It's a locked down facility, but it didn’t seem one because it was nice, fresh, and open although they lock down the front door. I met the sales lady and she was very nice. She showed me everything; every room available. Their rooms were nice, but their closets were inadequate. I saw their activity area, but there was nothing going on.

December 26, 2013

By Disappointment

On the surface the facility presented well. Many promises were made about the care that would be provided and it did not happen. The facility is not staffed to accommodate the needs of the current residents. The staff RN is not able to handle the patient load. When the RN was out on vacation/personal leave a replacement was not on site leaving a tremendous backlog of work. The facility has very poor communication with the family. Personal belongings are lost. This facility is NOT well suited for individuals needing daily assistance.

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns about the Sterling House of Peoria. Please be assured that the safety and well-being of our residents is our first priority. The staff at Sterling House is committed to providing the highest-quality service and care for each resident every day. We hope you will call us at 877-400-5296 to discuss your concerns in detail.

February 06, 2013

By avalonr

My dad is currently at this facility. It is especially well-suited to memory care issues. They do a good job of treating my dad on a whole as a person who had an amazing life and is now losing his mental faculties. The facility is attractive and well maintained and the people are very nice. They have nice holiday parties and are welcoming to families. The only negative I have to say is due to staff changes, there are some things that can fall through the cracks like trying to coordinate a mobile dentist appointment for example. One family member should be in charge of the resident's care at all times to make sure medical and other needs are met. Of course, this would apply to any facility.

March 01, 2012

By commercesd

We visited the Sterling House of Peoria assisted living facility while searching for a place for our parents to live in the Peoria region. The outside looked well maintained and the grounds spacious. Residents can also tend the garden. The indoor foyer was fresh and bright with very nice decorations and furniture. All of the indoor rooms had plenty of fresh air and light. Each room was beautifully decorated and furnished. The facility can accommodate all levels of ambulation. The colors throughout the building were soothing and comfortable. Communal activity rooms were spacious, with comfortable furniture. The seniors can easily socialize, make crafts, play games, watch TV and films and participate in many other interesting activities. Seniors can use the exercise room at any time and also go on daily walks or take aerobics and yoga classes regularly offered. The residents go on many trips to visit the many local art galleries and museums, eat at casual and fine restaurants and enjoy the many cultural events offered in the region. The list of activities we saw included - sight seeing, art and musical events, seminars, local shopping, daily exercise, parties and other social gatherings. The menus all had healthy food options for all kinds of diets. The food we saw looked and smelled delicious. Healthy snacks are offered all day and into the evening, as well as whenever residents request them. The dining room was quite nice, spacious and fresh. The private rooms featured plenty of space in nicely decorated surroundings. All had natural light and fresh air with very comfortable furniture. The residents looked like they enjoyed living here with caring and attentive staff.

Features of Brookdale Peoria

• Nurse On Staff: Available During Business Hours

• Spanish

• State Licenses: AL2054

About Brookdale Peoria

Brookdale Peoria provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Peoria