Homestead Village of Pensacola

Reviews of Homestead Village of Pensacola

Overview of Ratings

4.3

December 30, 2014

My dad already moved to Homestead, and I think he likes it there. Everything is pretty nice, and it doesn't smell like pee there. The room is pretty nice also. He does not have any complaint with the food. They seem to have something going on at 11:00 and at 3:00. I will recommend it because it is friendly, and it has good service. The staff is very good. They have about seven buildings there, and this one is among the larger ones in Pensacola. I do recommend it to others. The staff is great, and the people kind of mingle all day. Everything is pretty good in there.

November 11, 2014

By Glenda10

We found Homestead Village for my mom. It is clean and neat. They are kind to the residents. I'm very satisfied with it. Her room is roomy. She is using her own furniture, but the room is cared for. It has just been painted. The carpet is clean. The bathroom is large. There is a huge walk-in closet. It is absolutely wonderful. Regarding food, initially my mother wasn't really excited about the food, but she has got accustomed to it, and now she is eating well and she's gaining some weight. They have many activities. They would publish a calendar every month, and it is just full of activities. They very much encourage their residents to participate. My mom has gotten very active in their activities. The staff is very kind and very patient. They work well with both the residents and their families. They keep families very informed about what's going on with their relatives that are out there.

October 30, 2014

Homestead Village offers everything from independent living to memory care and it is close by. It is also in the high-medium price range. My father is in their assisted living facility. He has normal dementia patient problems but overall, he says the food is good and I think he is pleased. I am there or one of my family members is there almost every day. So, we have a pretty good handle on what's going on. They are very attentive. If he pushes the red button, they are there in a flash to help him with anything. It is kind of a country home style. It is not flashy, but you will have good help when you walk in the door. There is a community room where they do activities. There is a separate session where they can watch television. They can read books in a little library section in that same room. They have their meals there. Each of the building is classified based on what you can and what you can't do. Some other buildings have suites. In my dad's building, they have small rooms because they are not taking care of themselves fully. They had a common area, a full kitchen so if you don't like what they are serving for lunch or dinner, they will fix you something else. They are very accommodating. They have a big Oktoberfest where everybody from the whole place is invited, even the families. If you pay extra, you will have the standard German fare with exception of the beer because alcohol is kind of controlled. I think they need more physical activities for some of the residents. I know they cannot make them do things, but they can give them a little more to do. The activities director in their building is kind of older herself, and she has been doing it for so long. Also, there could be better communication because communication is always an issue for just about any place. So, I guess there's always a place for communication improvement.

October 28, 2014

By Peggy41

We choose Homestead Village for my in-laws because it is close to where they live so they are close to their church, families and friends. They are still both ambulatory, but they have nurses and somebody can take care of them as they progress. The staff is excellent and very friendly. The room is spacious, clean, and enough for what they need. There are several different room options to choose from. They also have activities to choose from. They monitor the food and my in-laws have no complaints. They are extremely happy there. It is phenomenal, and we know it is the best for them.

August 10, 2014

I visited Homestead and I felt my father would be happy there. It was very clean and it did not smell of alcohol or bleach. It had an aura of goodwill and family when I walked in. The staff was good. They were helpful to dad. I was waiting for dad to get well so he could transfer there. They've got Bingo, ice cream parties and an excursion every week. The food in the dining room is fine; it looked and smelled appealing. They have their own dining room in each building. I liked the camaraderie that the staff has with the residents; it is a homey feeling.

April 01, 2014

By Susie8

Homestead Village's location is convenient for where I live, and so we drove and visited the facility. The place was very nice, and it had a common area. Attached to the common area were two-room apartments, and they were small, but it's just what they needed. The director was wonderful, and she showed us all around. We saw their recreational rooms and all the activities they have. One resident was nice enough to let us come and let us see the size of her apartment. The nurses were wonderful. Overall it was a nice place, but it's just not what I was looking for then.

October 15, 2013

By Liz17

My dad chose Homestead Village himself. He has been there for three months now. It is nearer to my home and it is on the way to and from my work, so I can stop by often to see him there. My dad thinks it is a nice place. He likes it the best amongst those we visited. The building that he is in right now has only 14 residents there, so they can pay attention to their residents individually. They have staff assigned to that building. The staff is very friendly and nice. However, there was one instance where they gave my dad a chest x-ray and he didn't hear the results of it until the next day. So they don't act like the their residents can understand or answer their questions or something. Of course, my dad wanted to know what was the matter with him. In terms of accommodation, my dad has a private room. It is only a room with a bathroom. It's really not that big but he's managing. Regarding activities, they have months to months schedule of activities. They have activities where they can sign up to go to the grocery stores or Dollar Store. They go out to eat a lot too. They have a dining room that is big enough for those 14 people. Because of the size, it is all very intimate like everybody is one big family. My dad is also happy enough with the food they have there.

September 08, 2012

My mother's been in Homestead Village since June. It's an hour away from where I live. She's pretty much being well taken care of.

Let Us Search For You

Save Money

Care

Save Stress

About Homestead Village of Pensacola

The mission of Homestead Village of Pensacola is to celebrate the present and embrace the future by providing seniors with retirement living…defined by you. As a not-for-profit corporation we are committed to meeting the social, spiritual, physical and financial needs of our residents in a safe and caring campus environment. We strive to enhance your quality of life by providing innovative services and facilities that help achieve your retirement potential.

Map of Homestead Village of Pensacola