Atria Penfield

Overview of Ratings

4.2

January 17, 2016

By caregiver24

This is a very nice facility with superb food. I do however feel the marketing staff oversells the capabilities of the center. My parent was a fall risk. They made us believe this would not be an issue. Some staff were wonderful and offered assistance when walking or going to the bathroom. Others stated these things needed to be done on their own and just stood by. When we paid for increase supervision it entailed leaving the room door open so they could visually check in. Also this location did not provide security of one's room. Although we were warned not to leave personal items in the room I thought my wallet was safe in a locked room in a drwar when taking my parent to dinner. The first loss of $30 I put up to my mistake of what was in my wallet. It wasn't until another loss of $100 that I knew something was wrong. This is a wonderful facility for fully functioning individuals or those with minimal needs but there are several residents that they have accepted that need more care and are not safe there judging by the number of ambulance visits made.

Your comments are concerning. I would like to learn more about your experience so I can look into this. Please reach out to me directly at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

December 30, 2015

By Lynn R1

After a fall and rehab for a broken ankle, we found it necessary to move our 91 year old Dad to assisted living. From the first visit the staff was very friendly, caring and welcoming. They made this an easy transition to our reluctant father who did not want to lose his independence. He was able to find activities that he enjoyed and still enjoys his own space when he wants to be alone. The added bonus was he was able to keep his dog with him, which is a blessing. It is a wonderful facility.

March 07, 2015

I liked Atria Penfield. I like the cafeteria. The rooms that were available were a little too far away from the cafeteria for my sister. It was too far away to live, but I think that was the best place that I went to. The staff was very nice and excellent. The rooms were good and a little more updated. It was a little roomier. It was bigger than the other one, but they were more expensive. The outside was nice, and the grounds were nice. It was very park-like, and they have a courtyard. I liked the dining which was not really a cafeteria but more of a restaurant style. You can offer off a menu, but I didn't try the food. We just looked around and looked at the menu. I would recommend this facility to others.

December 12, 2014

By Janet 1

I went to Atria Penfield. The food was very good. Their rooms were very small. Regarding activities, at the time, they were playing Wii. However, I ruled this facility fairly early on because their hallways were too long for my parents. With regards to security, it was not secure for my parents because they need to be in a locked-in facility.

September 23, 2014

My mother is in Atria Penfield. Her room is clean and is nicely sized. The staff is very nice. They are very patient with her and very understanding of her needs. My mom is happy with everything. The dining area is very nice; it is like going into a restaurant. They have recreational activities like bingo and arts and crafts.

August 27, 2014

By Karen90371850

The Atria was in the neighborhood. We visited it and we thought it was very nice. They compared it with a couple of others and it was better than the rest. It was bright; it was welcoming. They have a nice layout. I think the staff is very good. It was a nice-sized room. I think it was probably one of the biggest ones there. I think it's about 400 sq. ft. It's a beautiful room. They have a nice shower that my dad can sit in and the setup is pretty much like his old apartment. They have a lot of activities. They have various day trips. They had a trip to the Red Wing game which is the local baseball team. They had an outdoor fair for the families. The dining room is very nice. The portions are plenty and he seems to enjoy the food.

July 07, 2014

Atria was very nice. I liked it the best for my mother because the room we could have gotten would have been close to the dining area, and it was furnished so it would have been an easy move. The accommodations were fine. The working attitude was very good, and the staff was very friendly and answered all our questions. They had an activity calendar that included arts and crafts and social hours for entertainment.

February 27, 2014

By William27

Per doctor's recommendations, we moved my uncle to Atria and it is very convenient because everything is on one floor. They have services that are good for him. The staff is very pleasant and adequate. The food is fine. He did complain a little bit but then he is very finicky. They have activities like dances and music that he enjoys. They also take them on trips. He seems happy because he is with the people of his own age. I would recommend Atria to others.

Photos of Atria Penfield

Features of Atria Penfield

• Coffee Shop
  • Features Extra: Fitness Room/Gym

About Atria Penfield

At Atria Penfield, you'll find a beautiful park-like setting with five courtyards and a fountain-side gazebo. Relax outside, take a brisk exercise walk, or savor our restaurant-style dining that reflects local tastes and seasonal variety. Located in historic Penfield, just minutes from downtown Rochester, Atria Penfield provides a small-town ambiance with all the convenience of the city.

Atria Penfield provides the following services:

• Staff available 24 hours a day
  • Choice of studio apartments
  • Anytime Cafe
  • Full-time director of events and activities
  • Emergency call system in every apartment
  • Daily restaurant-style meals
  • Housekeeping services
  • Maintenance of apartment, community and grounds
  • Medication assistance
  • Scheduled transportation
  • Nurse on-call 24 hours a day

We have a 3yr spenddown program where if a Resident has depleted their funds after paying privately for at least 3yrs they may maintain residence at Atria in a shared space.

Map of Atria Penfield