Angel House Assisted Living

10810 NW 20th Street, Pembroke Pines, FL, 33325

Reviews of Angel House Assisted Living

alaarid August 20, 2012

I was astonished by the quality of service provided to the chronologically challenged people. It is fully and well equipped; the rooms are quite spacious and comfortable. The kitchen is large and equipped to make some healthy meals. The staff is young, energetic. Staff is very welcoming, smiling and willing to help at any time. I felt that those people are more doing this job to draw a smile in the senior's faces rather than for money. Moreover, patients do not feel bored since there are many group activities in plan. As well, for those who like reading can go to the library. Also, the assisted living facility provided some nice trips outside which make the seniors feel that they are not in prison, and that life is still long. In brief, I can say that with all the equipment and facilities like the ones provided by Angel house, seniors' lives are now becoming more safe, secure, and joyful.

cam1 June 22, 2012

My grandpa used to live at Angel House Assisted Living. He was in his 70's and my family did not think it was a good idea for him to live on his own. Angel House was a really good fit. My grandpa did not put up a fight since we showed him that he was basically moving into an actual home and he would have his own room. There was a spacious kitchen where he could still make his meals. This place treated him so good. He was able to join in on organized group activities and there was care 24 hours a day. He loved the fact that he could come and go as he pleased. He would brag about the Senior Center. He loved going bowling, visiting the library, making the weekly trip to Wal-Mart where he was able to catch up with his buddies and most importantly BINGO. This place really put a zest of life in him. He knew that there was always going to be something to do daily because at Angel House Assisted Living there were always activities planned on or off-site. Although he is now gone I know he was happy and we owe some of that to Angel House Assisted Living.

Kyokahn March 23, 2012

I visited my grandma at Angel House 3 or four times. In my experience they handle a very good facility, clean, well equipped and well taken care of.As for the employees, they do seem to enjoy their job in helping people, rather than just for the money. These are very professional and mostly young people doing their best for people needing their assistance.My grandma says she actually enjoys being there with people who understand her needs, rather than trying to be understood by people who don't care. She has told me many times of how well she's treated at that place and with very few complaints for a person her age (84). She does say the place could be a little more secure as she feels the facilities are a bit too open and anyone with bad intentions could use that to harm people. Of course, this has not been an issue and overall, so Angel House gets my vote for her staying there. As long as she's happy, I am.

darlyn1 March 07, 2012

The service was great,was clean, also the staff was very patient. I personally had a great time visiting the Angel House Assisted Living located in Pembroke Pines, Fl, which also is very convenient to my house. So I could pretty much go and visit my friend's grandmother, who is like a mother to me. I think this place is one of the best assisted-living facilities in the area, I also would be more than please working for them, the patients are awesome and the staff is very professional. I had the chance to make a few friends over there and I will definitely come back for another visit.I actually remember that I visited my friend's grandmother last month and now we are planning on going this week, so would not feel alone or just with her family that loves her a lot. I'm speechless with the service and patience.

James atherton March 07, 2012

Taking care of old people is one of our moral obligations. Providing them a better place to live, eat and enjoy perks of life is one of our responsibilities. I visited Angel House Assisted Living center in connection with my grand father's admission. I found the facility really nice and well organized. Residents are given all facilities at door step. The food offered is really nice and balanced in nutrition value. Residents were found very happy and busy in their routine chores. Staff is highly well trained and looking after the people quite well round the clock. Building and related structure is well maintained and worth living. It is a real home like environment prevailing here. Nursing facility is also available day and night. Routine is organized and efforts are made to let everyone do his will and enjoy life. I would recommend this facility for all our old and loved ones.

Ilovestars28 November 16, 2011

Chrism21 June 28, 2011

Mom moved into Angel House in December 2010 after I had to call adult protective services on her previous place. She is 84 diabetic and oxygen dependent. She is now in better health than she has been in several years, the love and care she is getting at Angel House is wonderful and is the reason she is alive today.
The food is all fresh and goes from stove to table, not the institution style you find in most places. I love stopping by, live less that 5 minutes, the house always smells great. It's a warm friendly family enviroment thanks to the owner Doreen C. who is always on top of everything. I no longer wory about mom or how to get mom to doctors appointments, Doreen bought a bus and takes her personally in a wheelchair. (Mom loves the bus) They make the doctors appointments, follow up with her doctors and keep us informed all along the way. Our live is ours again and my mother is in a good safe caring place.

SeniorFriend June 27, 2011

These people are wonderful with seniors! I had a friend and neighbor who lived at Angel House until 2010. This man was skin and bones, on Hospice when he went there in 2009... Nurses said she was wasting her time, he wouldn't last the month out, but Doreen (the owner) never gave up on "Bill". His wife, "Mary" was at their condo alone, suffering from dementia. I drove her there to visit her husband of 53 years. At last he was nearby in Pembroke Pines. They really treat their clients like Family at Angel House; very caring and affectionate, all the staff are. Doreen says she can teach her people everything except Compassion, which is a Must with her. My friend began to improve within days, strengthened by the good food and attention he got at Angel House. Pretty soon they 'revoked his Hospice', and he was up and Walking, just weeks after doctors said the end was near! There's a lot more to Angel House than 'babysitting' or 'healthcare' - it really is Home. In addition to visiting musicians and Pet Therapy, they have books, games and puzzles, even a Wii on the tv and a house computer. The really big difference is the whole family of seniors took a trip to Lion Country Safari, and another outing to a seniors' Mother's Day party & dance was a big hit with my friends. They got up and danced together, just months after he thought he'd never walk again... Bill and Mary were so happy at Angel House.

She had come to join him when Doreen visited the condo nearby just to see if Mary was ok. Turned out she had some issues going unattended, so Doreen got her to the doctor and let her share the room with her husband, and even got them signed up for benefits they didn't know they had! My friends' sons are out of state, and the folks at Angel House were a godsend for them here in Pembroke Pines.

After he'd gained over 50 pounds and they'd celebrated their 54th wedding anniversary and both their birthdays, with many happy memories, my friends left Angel House just under a year after he first arrived, to Go Home To Live!

How's That for a happy ending. I can't recommend Angel House enough, for giving my friend that "new lease on life" an old TV commercial used to talk about. I'm sure they would care for your family members with the same dedication and attention.

About Angel House Assisted Living

Angel House Assisted Living is an assisted living facility in Pembroke Pines, FL that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Angel House Assisted Living for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Angel House Assisted Living

• Spanish

• Monthly rent is all inclusive

Location of Angel House Assisted Living