The Plaza at Pembroke Park

3535 SW 52nd Ave, Pembroke Park, FL, 33023

Reviews of The Plaza at Pembroke Park

Harry123 August 25, 2014

If this is what its like when you age, then its great!! I came to visit my grandmother last week and was surprised when I walked into the Plaza at Pembroke Park to see her not only engaged in an activity, but leading it! Yes, my 88 year old granny was giving a lecture on her many visits to Europe. She had brought in slides and they had a projector, and food was served from all over the country. I was proud that my grandmother put this whokle activity together and watching all the residents having fun made me feel that this was definately the right place for her. I had a great time visiting her and the other residents. Kudos to the staff who help the residents maintain not only their independence, but their individualism.

flora1234 August 17, 2014

Before my Aunt moved in we searched all over for the right community for her. You cannot beat the value for what is given to the residents: 24 hour actual nurses on staff, Glatt kosher food although she is not orthodox it gives her the "hamisch" feeling of when she was growing up in N.Y. The staff are so friendly and the facility is exceptionally clean with absolutely no odors. I feel totally at rest knowing that my Aunt is well cared for. Thank you and continue to do what you are doing for the residents.

Larry35 July 31, 2014

I had a quick visit at The Plaza. When I walked in, I saw everyone in wheelchairs. I looked around and even before I announced myself, I left. It was a true assisted living and it was not as cleaned as I had hoped. I didn't even looked at the room because I knew that it was not the place for my mother.

Lee13 June 27, 2014

We had placed him at The Plaza at Pembroke Park, but he already passed away. The facility is very nice. The staff are wonderful. What I like about his facility is that the people are mobile. They were chatting around and talking. They weren’t just sitting around looking filthy. They were up and about. It’s a lively facility.

Jaime3 March 27, 2014

The facilities at The Plaza were adequate, and I thought they operated well. The staff was impressive. The staff gave me a calendar of all the activities. Howard Brown and I had a very nice 30-minute chat, and he understood my thing. He said, "This isn't really for you, you know. You are a young fellow and you are active." It was not the age; it was the physical condition. I didn't like the surroundings because they weren't that attractive. The neighborhood was just subsidized and low-rent housing.

Montrice December 28, 2013

The Plaza was nice too. It was more upscale. The rooms were very large. It would be our first choice as it was closer.

caring1199 June 08, 2013

The Plaza at Pembroke Park provided extended care coverage and was very close to my home. So the time I visit my mother is not spent on traffic, but on quality. Every facility has its problems and this one is no exception, but the level of details as it pertains to monitoring of the medical needs of the patient is very good. Their attention to nursing care is better than I've seen in many places. She has a spacious private room with a closet space, bathroom, and handicapped availability; all that is probably one of the best I've seen. The hallways are very wide.The only complaint that I have is with the food. It is nutritious, but the menu is very limited. There's not much variety to the food they serve. Another thing is that there tends to be a turn-over of CNAs that is difficult to keep up with, and that is a concern to me.

commercesd April 18, 2012

We decided to take a drive into Pembroke to see the Orange Blossom Manor assisted living facility as an option for my friend's mother.

The outside grounds and walkways looked very well tended, with exotic trees and shrubs.

The lobby was fresh and bright. with very nice staff to greet us. The staff pointed out that each resident's needs are assessed fully, prior to their arrival. We liked that each senior is treated individually.

The communal areas all seemed to have a nice level of energy and participation. The pool and spa area was clean and well designed.

The many recreational activities include trips to visit the local Pembroke and surrounding area cultural and entertainment hubs such as art galleries and museums, eateries and other gatherings, like fairs and festivals.

The main dining room had a comfortable decor. The residents are offered healthy, home-style, kosher meals in a casual restaurant setting. The food looked and smelled delicious, as well as healthily prepared. The menus included many interesting dishes. Snacks are offered regularly throughout the day and whenever residents desire them.

The exercise center had well maintained equipment, with daily classes and the residents could safely navigate the lovely grounds with adequate supervision as necessary. There was also a pool and jacuzzi.

The living spaces were nicely decorated with good closet and private bathrooms. Their library was quiet and peaceful and they also have a also have a salon.

The residents are taken to many interesting events in the region for dining, book readings and discussions to the arts, for museums, galleries, film and theater.

Every resident appeared to be very well cared for in a peaceful, yet fun environment by kind, attentive and caring staff.

From The Plaza at Pembroke Park

Affectionately named "The Small Town that Means Big Business," Pembroke Park is a small town in Florida that is rapidly evolving and developing to charm and attract more and more residents. With a newfound vitality, the town is a great destination spot for seniors looking to retire. The Plaza at Pembroke Park is a great senior living option for seniors seeking assisted living and memory care services. Our community is easily accessible from I-95 or the Florida Turnpike, allowing you to invite friends and family in to share a meal or a game of bean bag baseball with you and your neighbors. Our community offers 24-hour staffing, medication assistance, bathing assistance, housekeeping, a full calendar of activities and daily nutritious meals.

*Rates listed are based on single occupancy.

Features of The Plaza at Pembroke Park