Plaza of Hallandale Beach

3535 SW 52nd Ave, Pembroke Park, FL, 33023

Reviews of Plaza of Hallandale Beach

November 22, 2014

The Plaza was older than some of the other ones that I have visited as far as the building goes, but it was pleasant and clean. It was nice grounds. It was a smaller facility, and it had a pool. They had a room that could be used for contract therapists. There was a degree of security. Everything seemed to be OK.

October 31, 2014

My mom is now currently in assisted living with her husband at The Plaza at Pembroke. I'm very pleased with the services, but now, they're just charging us for every little thing. Regarding the staff, everything is really good, but they have been changing managerial company for the last two years. The turnaround for people being in charge is very quick; that's the only thing I don't like. Some of the rooms can hold two people. My mom and her husband live in what they call a marriage suite, and it's a little bit bigger. The dining area is beautiful. However, there is no other food there but kosher food, which I think they should look into. It is a Jewish facility, but I think they should look into some other kind of food to be provided for the people. The activities are great. They take the people out and they do a lot of stuff with them. They have entertainment twice a week. They have been very consistent with activities. The place is very secure and very safe.

September 30, 2014

I visited a friend at The Plaza. To me the place looked clean, and they said they had a lot of activities there. My friend liked playing cards, and sometimes she goes to the store with the bus that they have there. She’s happy and has no complaints at all. I didn’t see much because it was a very short visit. I stayed in the visiting area, and it looked very comfy. It was really nice -- both the place and the people. The residents get together and they have conversations like old people do; they’re happy to be there. It was a very modern facility, and it’s a good size for the people living in there.

September 23, 2014

By maritza0265

My mother-in-law is now staying at The Plaza at Pembroke Park. They keep it very clean and they keep her very clean. It is a very active atmosphere; they always have something going on, and that is good for her. She does games with them as well as dancing and singing. She has memory issues and they do have memory care, but she is not in memory care right now. I am just paying for a little extra, so that they help her with level one care or something like that.

August 25, 2014

By Harry123

If this is what its like when you age, then its great!! I came to visit my grandmother last week and was surprised when I walked into the Plaza at Pembroke Park to see her not only engaged in an activity, but leading it! Yes, my 88 year old granny was giving a lecture on her many visits to Europe. She had brought in slides and they had a projector, and food was served from all over the country. I was proud that my grandmother put this whokle activity together and watching all the residents having fun made me feel that this was definately the right place for her. I had a great time visiting her and the other residents. Kudos to the staff who help the residents maintain not only their independence, but their individualism.

August 17, 2014

By flora1234

Before my Aunt moved in we searched all over for the right community for her. You cannot beat the value for what is given to the residents: 24 hour actual nurses on staff, Glatt kosher food although she is not orthodox it gives her the "hamisch" feeling of when she was growing up in N.Y. The staff are so friendly and the facility is exceptionally clean with absolutely no odors. I feel totally at rest knowing that my Aunt is well cared for. Thank you and continue to do what you are doing for the residents.

July 31, 2014

By Larry35

I had a quick visit at The Plaza. When I walked in, I saw everyone in wheelchairs. I looked around and even before I announced myself, I left. It was a true assisted living and it was not as cleaned as I had hoped. I didn't even looked at the room because I knew that it was not the place for my mother.

June 27, 2014

By Lee13

We had placed him at The Plaza at Pembroke Park, but he already passed away. The facility is very nice. The staff are wonderful. What I like about his facility is that the people are mobile. They were chatting around and talking. They weren’t just sitting around looking filthy. They were up and about. It’s a lively facility.

March 27, 2014

By Jaime3

The facilities at The Plaza were adequate, and I thought they operated well. The staff was impressive. The staff gave me a calendar of all the activities. Howard Brown and I had a very nice 30-minute chat, and he understood my thing. He said, "This isn't really for you, you know. You are a young fellow and you are active." It was not the age; it was the physical condition. I didn't like the surroundings because they weren't that attractive. The neighborhood was just subsidized and low-rent housing.

December 28, 2013

By Montrice

The Plaza was nice too. It was more upscale. The rooms were very large. It would be our first choice as it was closer.

June 08, 2013

By caring1199

The Plaza at Pembroke Park provided extended care coverage and was very close to my home. So the time I visit my mother is not spent on traffic, but on quality. Every facility has its problems and this one is no exception, but the level of details as it pertains to monitoring of the medical needs of the patient is very good. Their attention to nursing care is better than I've seen in many places. She has a spacious private room with a closet space, bathroom, and handicapped availability; all that is probably one of the best I've seen. The hallways are very wide.The only complaint that I have is with the food. It is nutritious, but the menu is very limited. There's not much variety to the food they serve. Another thing is that there tends to be a turn-over of CNAs that is difficult to keep up with, and that is a concern to me.

April 18, 2012

By commercesd

We decided to take a drive into Pembroke to see the Orange Blossom Manor assisted living facility as an option for my friend's mother. The outside grounds and walkways looked very well tended, with exotic trees and shrubs. The lobby was fresh and bright. with very nice staff to greet us. The staff pointed out that each resident's needs are assessed fully, prior to their arrival. We liked that each senior is treated individually. The communal areas all seemed to have a nice level of energy and participation. The pool and spa area was clean and well designed. The many recreational activities include trips to visit the local Pembroke and surrounding area cultural and entertainment hubs such as art galleries and museums, eateries and other gatherings, like fairs and festivals. The main dining room had a comfortable decor. The residents are offered healthy, home-style, kosher meals in a casual restaurant setting. The food looked and smelled delicious, as well as healthily prepared. The menus included many interesting dishes. Snacks are offered regularly throughout the day and whenever residents desire them. The exercise center had well maintained equipment, with daily classes and the residents could safely navigate the lovely grounds with adequate supervision as necessary. There was also a pool and jacuzzi. The living spaces were nicely decorated with good closet and private bathrooms. Their library was quiet and peaceful and they also have a also have a salon. The residents are taken to many interesting events in the region for dining, book readings and discussions to the arts, for museums, galleries, film and theater. Every resident appeared to be very well cared for in a peaceful, yet fun environment by kind, attentive and caring staff.

Photos of Plaza of Hallandale Beach

Features of Plaza of Hallandale Beach

• Pool

About Plaza of Hallandale Beach

Plaza of Hallandale Beach offers spacious private and semi-private apartments for an inclusive monthly rate. Our professional team of care managers ensures excellent care and services. Plaza of Hallandale Beach’s staff help residents with activities of daily living such as bathing, grooming, dressing, taking medications and making sure they eat well.

Throughout the day, care managers offer residents three chef-prepared meals daily, social activities and outings, chauffeured transportation and a personalized care and activities plan that suit residents’ abilities and needs.

ASSISTED LIVING AT HALLANDALE BEACH

Plaza of Hallandale Beach offers an all-inclusive monthly rate. Our professional team of care managers ensures excellent care and services while helping residents with activities of daily living: such as bathing, grooming, dressing, taking medications and making sure they eat well. Plaza of Hallandale Beach offers residents spacious private and semi-private apartments, three chef-prepared meals daily, social activities and outings, chauffeured transportation and a personalized care and activities plan that suit their abilities and needs.

ASSISTED LIVING SERVICES:

• 24 hour staffing
  • Nurse on staff
  • Medication supervision
  • Arrangements for local medical appointments
  • Bathing,hygiene and dressing assistance
  • Prescription ordering and delivery
  • Daily and weekly housekeeping
  • Linen, terry and personal items laundered weekly
  • Restaurant-style dining three times daily
  • Scheduled transportation for shopping and banking
  • Light exercise and activity programs
  • Social events and cultural outings

MEMORY & ALZHEIMER’S CARE AT HALLANDALE BEACH

When someone you care about is suffering from memory loss, dementia, or possibly Alzheimer’s disease, it’s overwhelming to prepare for the challenges you and your family now face. At Plaza of Hallandale Beach, we understand this challenge.

Plaza of Hallandale Beach has created an environment completely focused on providing familiarity, compassion, appropriate support, and care. We invite you to visit and meet our caregivers. You will learn how we can help you and your loved one live both safely and comfortably in a home-like environment.

PLAZA OF HALLANDALE BEACH MEMORY CARE RESIDENTS:

• 24 hour staffing with nurse coverage
  • Safe, secure environment with secured doors and fenced courtyard
  • Care from staff members with specific training in Alzheimer’s and memory care
  • Three nutritious, home-cooked meals and snacks daily
  • Group & Individualized activities
  • Outdoor gardens and screened in porch area
  • Assistance with bathing, grooming and dressing
  • Incontinence Care
  • Medication Administration under nurse supervision
  • Laundry and housekeeping services
  • Assistance with Transportation
  • Barber/Beauty Salon services available on site

Thank you for your interest for your interest at Plaza of Hallandale Beach. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Map of Plaza of Hallandale Beach