The Promenade at Blue Hill

582 Veterans Memorial Drive, Pearl River, NY, 10965

Reviews of The Promenade at Blue Hill

November 07, 2012

By Melanie1

My father was originally in one of their sister communities. We thought that The Promenade would be a better fit because it was smaller in size and we just thought that he would have an easier time with mobility. There aren't stairs in the facility. He can't just leave the building without somebody knowing about it. This place is safer for him. The staff there is very warm and very friendly. They seemed to be genuinely about the care of their residents. They seem to care about the happiness and the welfare of the residents. They seemed to be right on the mark. The facility is very nice and very clean. When he walks in, it's a very welcoming visual. I looks like it's a miniature boardwalk with tables and umbrellas. It just looked very festive, inviting and happy. My dad is situated in his own private room. It's very clean and very nice. It's well decorated. I'm very happy with the look and structure of the entire place. They have arts and crafts inside. I know many times when we come, they are either having some sort or performance or playing games like bingo. They have religious service for those who want it. I know they go on trips they have their own bus. In fact, I just spoke with my dad earlier and he said they will have a musical performance this afternoon. He seemed to like it. I have not tried eating there but I will say that my father did not complain about the food. He did at the other facility so it's possible that the food is better.

Photos of The Promenade at Blue Hill

Affiliations

• Affiliations Extra: Non Sectarian

• Licenses: Adult Home/Assisted Living

About The Promenade at Blue Hill

Our adult home is for seniors needing assistance with daily activities because of mild memory loss or physical frailty-

We also have another community for acute memory loss residents.

Beautifully furnished accomodations designed for comfort and safety.

Lovely common areas: dining room, library media room, parlor, etc.

Delightful, yet secure patios and gardens in addition to walking paths.

Personal laundry and linen service.

Expert medication management, wellness program and personal care assistance.

Onsite medical services (example: Internist, Podiatrist, Psychiatrist, Physical and Occupational Therapist.)

Map of The Promenade at Blue Hill