The Promenade at Blue Hill

582 Veterans Memorial Drive, Pearl River, NY, 10965

Contact Now

Reviews of The Promenade at Blue Hill

Caring1128 November 28, 2012

We chose the Promenade because it's close to where we lived. It's probably like 6 minutes away from my house. My father is very happy with The Promenade. He's got a room for himself. The transition was quick and smooth. Everybody has been very amiable. I think it's a lovely. The facility is clean and very organized. Physicians visits once every 2 weeks or once a month and check the residents to make sure everybody is ok.

They have different people that come in to entertain the residents. They take them to services on Sunday. They also take them on car rides, on picnics and shopping. They keep the residents busy.

Stewart1 November 19, 2012

I find them to be very responsive and very friendly. They take care of my mom. They give me updates as to how she is doing. They're very nice people and they care about their residents. The place is very clean and well kept. It kinda has a Disney theme to it. It's nicely taken care of and very sanitary and very pretty. My mom is has an apartment there and she loves it. She has no problem with the food there. Their staff are very friendly and they like their work.

Joe10 November 07, 2012

They were recommended to me by the previous facility where my mother-in-law was. I came up to the Promenade and took a tour there myself and I think it would be a good place for her. I brought my wife and she likes it also because it was smaller. The care might be what she needs.

I was pretty impressed with the facility itself. The first thing I look for is cleanliness. It looked that it was really clean there. All areas are clean like the kitchen, in the hallways and even in the common area where the people were. That was my always concern. So if it's clean then it's a good sign.

The staff is really friendly and very helpful during our interaction with them. I saw some residents busy doing activities when were there. I'm not sure of all the activities they have. They also have barbecue and people sit outside. I think that was nice.

Melanie1 November 07, 2012

My father was originally in one of their sister communities. We thought that The Promenade would be a better fit because it was smaller in size and we just thought that he would have an easier time with mobility. There aren't stairs in the facility. He can't just leave the building without somebody knowing about it. This place is safer for him.

The staff there is very warm and very friendly. They seemed to be genuinely about the care of their residents. They seem to care about the happiness and the welfare of the residents. They seemed to be right on the mark.

The facility is very nice and very clean. When he walks in, it's a very welcoming visual. I looks like it's a miniature boardwalk with tables and umbrellas. It just looked very festive, inviting and happy. My dad is situated in his own private room. It's very clean and very nice. It's well decorated. I'm very happy with the look and structure of the entire place.

They have arts and crafts inside. I know many times when we come, they are either having some sort or performance or playing games like bingo. They have religious service for those who want it. I know they go on trips they have their own bus. In fact, I just spoke with my dad earlier and he said they will have a musical performance this afternoon. He seemed to like it.

I have not tried eating there but I will say that my father did not complain about the food. He did at the other facility so it's possible that the food is better.

From The Promenade at Blue Hill

Our adult home is for seniors needing assistance with daily activities because of mild memory loss or physical frailty-

We also have another community for acute memory loss residents.

Beautifully furnished accomodations designed for comfort and safety.

Lovely common areas: dining room, library media room, parlor, etc.

Delightful, yet secure patios and gardens in addition to walking paths.

Personal laundry and linen service.

Expert medication management, wellness program and personal care assistance.

Onsite medical services (example: Internist, Podiatrist, Psychiatrist, Physical and Occupational Therapist.)

Features of The Promenade at Blue Hill

• Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: support groups

• We charge an entry fee
  • Minimum memory care rate: $5,550/month