The Terraces at Park Marino

2587 E. Washington Blvd., Pasadena, CA, 91107

Contact Now

Reviews of The Terraces at Park Marino

Caring111613250 August 14, 2015

The Terraces was clean, and the front office staff as well as support staff was knowledgeable. The clients or the other individuals who were there seemed happy. It just looked like a pleasant place to live. I didn’t see a lot of people on their own or sitting on their own unless they wanted to. People were engaged. I saw a studio and a 1-bedroom, and it was comfortable. I didn’t see the food, but the menu looked appetizing. The nutritional value of the selection looked more than adequate. The day that I was there, they had a fashion show, and the residents were going to the models. I thought that was quite unique.

Mikela August 09, 2015

The Terraces at Park Marino was really good. It is one of our top choices. We liked the rooms, the facility, the view, and the things they offer. My brother took my mom to go eat there, and he said the food was not very good. The staff that assisted us was awesome. What impressed us most were the location and the residents. Everybody seemed really happy and nice. One thing they can improve on would be the food.

Caring78475550 August 08, 2015

I like the residents, but I think the décor is a little old. The Terraces at Park Marino was very nice and new, but I personally didn’t find it very attractive. The rooms were OK, and I talked to a lot of residents who seemed to be very happy. It was homey, but the food wasn’t that attractive. The ground is very nice, and you have a nice view of the mountains. There was a big theatre again, and they have a schedule of activities by their activity manager.

Caring74670850 November 27, 2013

The Terraces was a great place and I thought it was lovely. I love everything about it. It was clean, warm and furnished. The people who lived there that we had talked with looked happy. However, it was really far away from where we were and it was more expensive.

Sally6 August 20, 2012

This is an assisted living facility for seniors that need assistance with their care. While I was only visiting a limited time, I heard others express their praise and worries. While the apartments and scenrey were nice, there were some complaints about the food and the nursing care from residents and their families.

The main complain about the food was that it was mundane and repetitive, though of course I didn't witness this as much firsthand. The seating seemed to be set like it is in elementary school classrooms rather than letting people choose on their own. This seemed limiting though I suppose some of the residents may have required that kind of facility.

One of the other visiting family members said that they were becoming concerned about the nursing care. While some of the nurses were very dedicated to the welfare of the residents, some did not care for the requests and instructions of the families and other medical professionals. There were even stories of not receiving medication, though this may have been word of mouth.

Other than that, most of the staff was nice but I would want to investigate this place further before living there myself.

scottie1 April 14, 2012

or the last four years of her life, my grandmother lived and enjoyed her life at the Terraces at Park Marino. We had visted and experienced other assisted living facilities before choosing the Terraces - they provided a better atmosphere than most. The majority of the seniors I had wittnessed were walking about, chatting, or playing board games. It had the essence of a retirement instead of the feel of an assissted living facility. The staff seemed warm and youthful, and were generally quick to get things done. The staff was also coherent and fluent, which is a benefit to their patrons who have trouble communicating due to old age (including my grandmother). The facility itself is not very old and all the utilities are up to date. The rooms have balconies with a view of the mountains which really give it a hotel type of feel. The staff and medical staff appeared to be capable - and the building itself has special elecavatrs and rooms for staff use, hidden from the occupants. At times, I did feel that the younger staff was somewhat impatient/inexperienced, and might seem to be rushing in the eyes of their older patrons. Other than that, the entire facility is a tight-knit group - setup in a beautiful area.

commercesd March 20, 2012

We visited the Terraces at Park Marino in Pasadena as an assisted living option for my friend's mother.

We could see that it was a very tranquil community, right at the foot of San Gabriel's beautiful mountains. The location is very convenient to all that Pasadena offers, from nature to vibrant city culture.

We thought the surroundings looked very safe - and the woods smelled very fresh. There were many seating areas for residents and their friends and family to enjoy.

The interior foyer and visiting section very nicely decorated. They can accommodate varies levels of ambulation. Each private residence featured spacious rooms, safety designed bathrooms, and convenient kitchenettes.

The meals looked and smelled really delicious. Snacks are also available whenever residents desire them. The menus included food options for all kinds of dietary needs and desires

The many large communal spaces offered a variety of activities, from word, card games and bingo, to crafts, painting and other workshops, They also host tea parties, Ice cream socials, park picnics and a happy hour every Friday, with live entertainment.

There were also rooms to reserved for residents to spend time with their friends and family.

They offered Tai Chi and other exercise classes. Physical activity is encouraged as much as possible. There are also many opportunities to go on nature walks and explore the lovely grounds daily.

The residents get to enjoy the tranquility of the facility, but also have access to all of the cultural events in beautiful Pasadena.

This is a well-thought out facility with home-style, assisted living in a caring and attentive environment. Everyone here seemed very well taken care of and happy with their lives.

From The Terraces at Park Marino

At the Terraces, we believe in encouraging the growth of our residents as individuals, while offering personalized assistance and support when needed or desired. Residents experience the benefits of belonging to an engaging assisted senior living community with amenities, activities and companionship, secure in the knowledge that assisted services are available around the clock, every day of the year.

Residents and their families have the added security of knowing they have convenient geographical access to distinguished physicians and services at Methodist Hospital of Arcadia, Huntington Hospital and other acute care hospitals located in Pasadena and the San Gabriel Valley area.

We feature two outside terraces, one with a garden featuring spectacular views of the San Gabriel mountains. Lovely common sitting areas, 2 per floor with fireplaces where residents and guests can gather and relax.

Features of The Terraces at Park Marino

• Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Spanish class

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: All residents have in-room kitchenettes

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental, All utilites included except for phone and cable
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,400/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 65

• Licenses: License #197602744
  • State License(s): 197602744

• Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• We help families understand VA benefits