Fair Oaks by Regency Park

951 S. Fair Oaks Ave., Pasadena, CA, 91105

Reviews of Fair Oaks by Regency Park

ArledaEPHSJ May 11, 2016

We’re pretty happy now where we are at Regency Park - Fair Oaks almost seven years ago. It’s fair. I wouldn’t say it’s outstanding. They've had a lot of changes as far as personnel is concerned, and it has its ups and downs, but as far as cleanliness, it’s very good. The staff is pretty good, but there is a big turnover because they only pay minimum wage. We have a lot of activities. Here on the property, they have poker, bingo, games, and crafts. On Friday, they have a man that comes from the Pasadena College who teaches watercolor arts. Every Thursday, we go to some plays at a theater, to the park, or to the museums. Tuesdays are shopping days when we go to various stores. We have a one-bedroom unit, but it is very adequate and comfortable. The food is like any institutionalized food; you get tired of it, and there's not a lot of change in menu. However, we have a council where we meet once a month and discuss the problems. Then they go back and talk to the chef and the head people, and then they would know what the problems are. The community is plenty adequate.

Michael Poryes April 06, 2015

My Mom, who I adore and would do absolutely anything for, has lived at The Fair Oaks for going on two years now. I must have looked at 10 places and The Fair Oaks was clearly the best. From the top guy, Richard who has always been readily available to speak to and, the few times I have had any concerns, was kind, caring, and attentive, to his second in charge, Susanna, to the entire staff... I am so very pleased with the attention and respect my mom is given. And when she had to stay in the hospital for a week, one of the receptionists, Ruth, came to visit her. How above and beyond and It meant the world to her... And to my wife and I.

Listen, we all have our experiences and interpretations of what is good or bad, and no place is perfect. Trust me when I say that there are very few people pickier and more thorough than myself and my wife when it comes to the people we love. Whenever my wife or I had a concern with my mom's care, it was addressed and corrected in a very timely and compassionate fashion, and with no attitude whatsoever. And these were always fine tuning corrections.

And now to speak for the general vibe of the place and the residents. My wife and I are also there very often for meals with my mom, amongst other reasons to stop by. So, we have gotten to know many of the other residents. The dining room is always very cheerful and noisy with chatter. Noisy dining room means lots of conversation and lots of conversation means lots of vitality and engagement. That is what The Fair Oaks is all about.

I know finding a place we can trust with our elderly loved ones is a daunting and worrisome task and I also know, as I said earlier, that no place is perfect. But the vibe, compassion and caring nature that are Richard and Susanna are without a doubt reflected in the care givers, med techs, restaurants servers, etc. And when any of these virtues faulter, Richard and Susanna have proven to be ready and available to correct it. Bottom line... Great place and well worth sitting down with Richard and Susanna if you are searching for a place for your loved one. You will definitely be glad you did!

Joana1 December 22, 2014

We chose Regency Park Fair Oaks for my in-laws, but, my father-in-law passed away, and my mother-in-law needed a memory care facility so we moved her to another facility. However, we were happy with it. It was very nice, lovely, clean, and great facility. They lived there for three weeks. It was very close to a hospital. They had a dog or animals that came in for petting. They had book rooms, cinema, sing-a-long, crafts, painting, bridge, current events, anything you could want.

Barbara63218650 January 31, 2014

I lived at Regency Park Fair Oaks for about five years. It was not new and it was not as large as the other facility. It was not as big but it was nicely decorated and kept-up. They redecorated when they built a new part of the building. The place was always clean. They did not have the same menu in a week. The food presentation was not as special compared to others but it was good. We had at least two choice for entrees and a salad bar. It was served in tables with table clothes and napkins.

thumbprant October 06, 2012

my grandma lived there until very recently. the place is clean, and very modern without being overwhelming to the residents. there are pictures up of the residents as they were younger that are fun and interesting to look at. The staff is very nice and helpful but not all of them are nurses, most of them are just regular people. I visited every week for close to three years, and my grandma was only ill towards the last 6 months or so. When she was well the staff was very good about staying away and just letting her live her life. She often spoke very well about the food downstairs, which changes daily and has wonderful service. When she was ill the staff was very attentive and would make special meals for her, even in the last days when she was fully dementia and requesting bizarre foods. there are large facilities like a living room kind of where residents can reserve them for parties or family get togethers and we had several family holidays there which were catered by the staff. Top Notch.

From Fair Oaks by Regency Park

Welcome to The Fair Oaks by Regency Park

The Fair Oaks by Regency Park is Pasadena's most luxurious and elegant independent and assisted living community. Here residents enjoy a lifestyle of relaxed luxury - including fine dining, daily housekeeping and local transportation - along with the opportunity to select from a broad array of services and care options.

At The Fair Oaks, you can live entirely independently or choose the level of assistance that you require in your daily life activities. The Fair Oaks provides an elegant but very comfortable and secure environment, along with a wide choice of activities and a population that has much to offer in terms of life experiences.

ASSISTED LIVING IN PASADENA, CA

Fair Oaks residents who require extra care or assistance can choose from a wide range of personalized assisted living services, based on their own individual needs. Further, those services can change as needs change.

Our 24-hour care-giving staff, supervised by licensed nurses, offers highly personalized services on an as-needed basis. Fair Oaks residents who need assistance with the activities of daily living may select from the following services:

• Medication self-administration assistance
  • Bathing
  • Dressing and grooming
  • Escorted medical visits
  • Personal laundry service
  • Periodic checks
  • Bathroom assistance
  • Escort to meals and/or activities

INDEPENDENT LIVING IN PASADENA, CA

At The Fair Oaks, independent living means living an active, independent lifestyle without the worries of cooking, cleaning or maintaining a home or apartment. Our modern apartments and quality amenities ensure that life at The Fair Oaks is as lively and energizing, yet as comfortable and relaxed as you wish.

We offer a broad array of services and activities that enable you or your loved one to live entirely independently or, if the need arises, to choose the level of assistance desired.

Fair Oaks residents can select from a full-range of services and activities. For those needing extra attention, we offer highly personalized care and assistance. The basic services that are provided to all residents include:

• Three nutritious meals daily plus snacks
  • 24-hour-a-day staffing
  • Daily housekeeping
  • Linen service
  • Emergency call system
  • Free local transportation
  • Health monitoring program
  • Music and art classes
  • Outings to local attractions

Thank you for your interest at The Fair Oaks by Regency Park. We invite you to take a tour and see for yourself why our communities have been repeatedly named the Best in Senior Living in Pasadena.

With over 40 years' experience, Regency Park Senior Living is renowned in Pasadena for its luxurious, beautifully-appointed senior communities. Our devoted staff and experienced management team help make each Regency Park residence a model of quality retirement living. We have been recognized locally and statewide for our vision, innovative leadership and commitment to excellence.

Features of Fair Oaks by Regency Park

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 197604266