Sunrise of Paramus

567 Paramus Road, Paramus, NJ, 07652

Reviews of Sunrise of Paramus

Caring106144850 July 29, 2015

We visited Sunrise of Paramus. It was nice. I thought the facility was a bit more upscale too. Actually it was more expensive, but there was not enough outside space. For any residents, they really couldn't find a place to walk around. It wasn't close to shopping centers either. However, they had really beautiful facilities -- more updated than the other facility. They also had an activity room and a library room.

Caring102252650 February 26, 2015

There was a wonderful woman who took us to the tour at Sunrise and sat with us for a good hour. She tried to work out some numbers for us, but it still wasn't affordable for mom. She was so friendly. They have a bistro where the staff was behind. If you wanted tea or coffee, if the residents wanted something, they would get it for you. The lady had her dog who knew the residents. When a pet is around, the resident perks up. The staff I met was lovely, and some of the residents I met were lovely. It really is a very nice place. At Sunrise, if you ran out of money and had to go on Medicaid, they will find you a place. The place was very clean. It is built in a Victorian sort of design. They have a porch, and they have the rockers. The outside was really pretty and inviting. If people can afford Sunrise, I would recommend it.

Caring96095150 November 07, 2014

When we visited Sunrise of Paramus, they gave us a homemade apple pie and it was really good. The facility seemed pretty secured. I think they give access to the residents at night. They have a code to get in, and that sounds like a plus to us.

Diane96144050 October 28, 2014

I went to Sunrise of Paramus for my mother. I like Sunrise. The rooms were actually fine. They were about the same as the other facilities; however, the cost at Sunrise was more money than what I'm paying now. They were more expensive. Also, I had to consider if any of these places will take Medicaid eventually, and Sunrise will not take Medicaid. Nevertheless, I really like this place. It was cozy. It was like you're living in an old colonial type of house. I like that they had these walking paths and I felt my mom would get a chance to be outdoor more. Their walking paths were more outdoorsy with flowers and bushes and you feel like you're in your own house.

Cindy48 May 30, 2014

Sunrise of Paramus seemed very nice. The rooms are beautiful. The place looked gorgeous, and it was very clean. It just seemed that there were so many people, and so it felt crowded. We had our appointment, but still we waited about an hour before we got to see the place. I think they need to be more organized. They just seemed very chaotic.

Caring83961750 May 20, 2014

I visited Sunrise. It seemed small and more personal. It was not too overwhelmingly large. The staff was very responsive. They were very nice, and they did a lot of followup with us. The rooms were adequate. They seemed to be willing to make it specific to what my uncle's needs were. They were willing to work to try and get things that would be interesting to him to be put into the program. They had some flexibility, which was nice.

Caring84414850 May 20, 2014

Mom moved last March 17 to Sunrise of Paramus. We had toured this facility at the time Mom needed a place. They were very accommodating, and they were very quick to do an evaluation to see if she could be placed there. They were very helpful in making her and us, her family, feel comfortable. Any questions we had, they had answers. They didn’t pressure us, either. She has a large bedroom with a bathroom, and it's a studio apartment. She does have a microwave and refrigerator if she chooses to use it. They have many activities there. They have movies every night, arts and crafts, and bingo. The sitting areas are very spacious and sunny. They even have a porch where they could sit outside if they chose to. There is a dining room there, and they try to make it very much like home. I had lunch, and the food is good. The portions are not overwhelming, but certainly satisfying. The staff are very caring and knowledgable of all of their patients on the floor, and they are very helpful. Anything that you ask there, it is not too much for them. They will always accommodate you, and they respond very quickly. They are more like friends to the residents.

Donna75767050 January 28, 2014

Sunrise of Paramus is a little bit higher in terms of its amenities. It's a smaller community so they have more staff per person. And also they were willing to keep my parents together in the same room. The place is absolutely clean. They have music and people coming all the time for entertainment. They have a lot of on-site physical therapy. They also have a Connor Institute chef, so I think the food may have been more elaborate. They have a wonderful, very accommodating, and very kind staff. I didn’t see any negative behavior when I visited the facility.

Caring 2668 May 11, 2013

We went to visit Sunrise because we were looking for a place for my mother-in-law. We were very impressed by the amenities, services and living quarters in the facility. The atmosphere felt very good. Everybody was nice to us. But it was too expensive for us.

RM81 April 28, 2012

My father has been living in this facility for the past 3 years. He recently became ill and could not manage on his own. My brothers and I decided it would be best for him to move to an assisted living facility. We chose Sunrise of Paramus because of the proximity to us and because my father really seemed to like it. He took to it well. The facility is very clean and the staff is very professional, kind and and helpful. There are many activities for the residents to do, and there is very large space outdoors for fresh air and change of sceney. Most of all my father really is content there. The only complaints he has is of the food. There could be better quality food and he complains of it being late for meal times often. Apart from the food he says that the temperature at night does get cold and the residents often have to ask the staff to turn the heat on higher. I have had a good experience with the facility. Every time I have visited, I have had a positive experience with the staff. They really do know the residents and try to make it as comfortable for them as possible. I believe that my father is really being taken care of by people who are devoted at what they do. Overall I am pleased and so is my father.

scatman January 20, 2012

My Aunt Alma was a resident of Sunrise in Paramus. My mother chose Sunrise for my Aunt when she had a stroke and required more care than our family could give. Aunt Alma made significant progress and seemed happy at Sunrise. After eight weeks my aunt was moved to the assisted living section of Sunrise and while we thought this was going to be for the best we realized quickly that it was not. My aunt needed more help than the assisted living could offer, but did not need to be in a nursing home either. After three months my mother pulled my Aunt from Sunrise and she came home to us and we hired an aid to come to the house 8-12 hours a day. My aunt improved with the one to one care and after a few months and my aunt moved into her own apartment. We don't have any hard feelings towards Sunrise, but it is an insitution and living in an insitution is difficult.

BellaHaze November 02, 2011

My experience with the assisted living provider was a good experience. The staff were very well loving, felt like they're family. The facilities were responsible and well mannered. Made me feel like I was at home and I wasn't even the patient.

Laura F1 September 29, 2011

From Sunrise of Paramus

Step into a Sunrise Senior Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or cat.

Services & Amenities at Sunrise of Paramus

Although services and amenities vary slightly by location and care level, they typically include:

• Daily physical fitness, creative, social, learning and spiritual activities, scheduled group trips and resident-sponsored clubs for a variety of interests
  • Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
  • Trained staff available 24 hours a day
  • Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
  • Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
  • Weekly personal laundry
  • Social and educational programs for families
  • Scheduled resident and family meetings
  • Gracious accommodations with a variety of floor plans
  • Maintenance of building and grounds

For more information on the services and amenities available for the care level you are seeking, please give us a call or stop by the community.

Features of Sunrise of Paramus

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do offer companion suites.

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• Pets: Small pets allowed.
  • Staff patient ratio: Variable

• Licenses: Assisted Living Licensure

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Sunrise of Paramus