Atria Paradise

1007 Buschmann Road, Paradise, CA, 95969

Reviews of Atria Paradise

Caring100515550 October 18, 2014

We got my mother-in-law in assisted living at Atria Paradise. We chose this place because it was the best one out there, and we liked that it was all-inclusive, it was clean, and they had activities. It is a very nice facility. It is very clean, and the staff is adequate. My mother-in-law loves the food. She says it is very, very good.

songbird75 October 05, 2014

I choose Atria Paradise because of the price. They are having a discounted price on rental fee during the month of July and we happened to go in the last day of July. It is cottage with two bedrooms, two baths and a garage. It is fine, but the bathroom, showers, and tubs are huge problems, because the showers are too small and the bath tubs are dangerous because the bottom of the bathtubs are actually higher than the floor that you set out of the tub. However, they are going to change it, and the director says it will be an ADA standard. Also, we have a couple of other things in our cottage that needs attention, and it has not happened yet. So, I will address that today. The dining staff is great. However, the food is not okay; a lot of people are complaining about it. They get their products from a company and I am concerned about salt because my doctor tells me not to have salt. They have a wide variety, but something's not right, and I haven't quite figured it out yet. They have lots of activities, but I only participate in a couple of them which were music related like sing-a-longs and listening to the different styles of music.

We are happy to hear that you appreciate our dining staff and would like to make you aware of our monthly “Food for Thought” meetings where our residents are invited to make suggestions and comments about the current menu and even share recipes and sample new menu items. We’re happy to accommodate no-concentrated sweets and no-salt-added diets and your menu suggestions are always welcome. Please also feel free to email us directly with questions and concerns at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com, including “Atria Paradise” in your subject line so we may quickly include the right people in the correspondence. We are here to help.

Caring1888 September 30, 2014

We have chosen Atria Paradise. We haven't moved in yet. The people are very professional, very nice, and we like them immensely. The surroundings are attractive. We have quite a few trees around. It is an attractive area. The facility itself is attractive. It is kind of traditional in furnishing, but it is attractive and seems to be very well maintained. Our impression of it is favorable, or we wouldn't have agreed to move in. We are favorably impressed with it so far.

Cherri1 August 29, 2014

Atria Paradise is a really nice place. It’s big, clean and the staff was great. The rooms were nice -- it’s like having your own little studio apartment and you have your own bathroom. The dining area is like a restaurant; there’s a lot of tables and white table cloths. Everything seems to be very nice, professional, and caring. They do have a theatre room where they have really nice chairs for people to sit and watch a movie. I couldn’t afford to live there as most of their homes are too expensive, but the place is very homey and I liked it.

LaurenM August 15, 2014

My Mother in Law resides at Atria and we could not have had a better experience. The staff were so helpful with the transition and helping with the initial move in. My Mother in Law was very skeptical, but she is now loving her new friends that she has met, the activities that are being offered and the staff that treat her like family. We are extremeley happy with this choice that we made.

RegJon67 December 23, 2013

Atria bought out Oak Knoll Senior Living and the facility is not the same. 1). Higher rent 2) Don't answer the phones at night, 3) Don't return calls when requested, 4) Gave my mother wrong drugs, 5) Cannot find a supervisor in the evenings, 6) Don't talk to family in charge, 7) New staff not knowledgeable about residents, 8) General staff apathy about their jobs and residents.

Your comments are very concerning to us. We would like to discuss this matter with you personally to get a better understanding of the situation. Please call (516) 829-4100 or email us directly at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com, including Atria Paradise in the subject line.

Paul18 August 28, 2013

It was a nice and clean facility. I liked it. However, it was way too expensive. I would recommend it to others.

Smltwngrl July 21, 2012

Aesthetically facility is very pleasing. Can't say much more. Assaultive residents permitted to remain long beyond evidencing that they are such. Resident toiletry supplies not monitored for timely replenishment. Prospective residents may be pre-assessed as being appropriate for one level of care, and then if they display initial resistance to residing at Oak Knoll they are relegated to a higher, more costly level of care and not re-evaluated and downgraded after acclimating. Personal mail withheld.

commercesd June 09, 2011

Visited this facility

The Oak Knoll Senior Living facility is in central Paradise, CA near the Sierra Nevada Mountain foothills. The area's pine trees provide a forest-like backdrop that is quite beautiful. We used to vacation in the vicinity a lot as kids, so our aunt really likes the area. She suffers from memory loss, so we need to find her a place where she can live that offers assisted care.

The common areas were wide and open, inviting participation from the residents. Guests can feel welcome and there are private areas for visits. The grand room features a piano and built in book cases. It looks like the drawing room of a mansion, with a warm fireplace. The communal rooms were all spacious and easily accessible, with windows of great views to the outside.

The studio apartments are just a little more than 400 sq. ft. and the units with bedrooms feature walk in closets. The kitchenettes are fully equipped and each room has a nice sized private bathroom. The retirement cottages were really lovely, with spacious full kitchens and two bedroom and bathrooms. The neutral decors are designed to allow for individual additions to suit one's personality, which we really liked.

The staff went out of their way to ensure that all of our questions were answered. They showed us everything there is to offer and we were most impressed. The residents volunteered information as well, which really put us all at ease. It's really more like a resort than a retirement home. We could see that anyone would enjoy staying there. In fact, my cousin remarked that he'd like to move in (he's only 35 so he's too young)!

From Atria Paradise

Nestled in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains lies Atria Paradise, an independent and assisted living community for active older adults in historic Butte County. As part of the Chico metropolitan area, Atria is located near restaurants, medical centers, shops, museums, places of worship and other local points of interest. Residents can relax with their neighbors inside their beautiful mountain community, or venture into town during one of our regular group excursions. Atria Paradise offers a lifestyle of choice, with care that can be adapted as individual needs change. Our independent living option offers spacious, freestanding cottages - a model of maintenance-free retirement living. Our assisted living option provides just the right amount of discreet support to help residents remain as independent as possible, while our Life Guidance® memory care program provides specialized care for those with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia. Our responsive, 24-hour staff, comfortable surroundings and industry-leading quality standards make Atria Paradise a senior living community that truly lives up to its name.

Features of Atria Paradise