Brookdale Panama City

2575 Harrison Avenue, Panama City, FL, 32405

Reviews of Brookdale Panama City

September 30, 2015

I took my dad to Brookdale Panama City, and I had him there for two weeks. My brothers checked in on him, and he was lying in urine a lot of the time he was there. After we took him out, we found out he had UTI, which was probably why he was urinating. He also fell while he was in there, so he did not really have a good experience.   On top of that, their billing department and their head quoted me one price. I tried to pay it for two months. They did not cash my check. So I cancelled the check because I kept calling them, and they were not returning my calls. I finally talked to a woman and explained to her what was going on, and I asked her, "What are you all trying to do – double it?" She said, "Oh no, we're not trying to do that." So they had me paying them $1400. I'm like, "OK, why are you charging me something other than what we initially discussed?" And they got snotty with me because they were charging me less. I said, "Well, my point is I do not want my father to have a bill come back later because only half of it was paid."   I was not happy with them. Everything was supposed to be covered. My brothers kept going there. They had to keep asking for towels and shampoo. They were washing him while he was there because he stunk from being in his urine. I would not recommend them to anybody else. His room was fine. It looked clean. I did not care for the food too much. I had lunch there one day. My brother went to check on my dad one evening, and he said all they had given him was a salad. He can't eat salad. He does not have any teeth. They were supposed to be chopping up the food. I do not have anything positive to say about the place.

We are sorry to hear Brookdale Panama City did not meet your expectations. Please be assured the safety and well-being of our residents is our first priority, and we have shared your feedback with our regional team. We would like to learn more about your experience, and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296.

March 27, 2015

By vagabond701

My mom was in Sterling House for 18 months. Their cleaning of the room was very much lacking. We sometime had to ring the emergency buzzer several times to get assistance. We had to hire sitters to watch my mom as they just didn't do the job at all of watching her. The Nurseing staff is week at best in my opinion. The night crew is very limited and needs to be checked into as they were very limited in timely response to problems. It is apparently a $ issue to keep their crew at a minimum number to help the patients. Nothing seems to matter to them except the almighty $! There were many issues during the 18 months mom was there to include stopped up shower drains which took 2 days to get it fixed only after it started to run out on the carpet in the main room. Never was the room dusted except when my sister or I did it. To get the floor vacuumed was like pullin teeth. I could go on and on but I think you get the message.

We are committed to our residents care as well as our scheduled cleaning of apartments and address all maintenance issues as they occur.

December 20, 2014

By Patrick14

I went to Sterling House -- which was a very nice facility -- and their maintenance was very good. The staff were all very helpful. A lady tried to keep in touch with telephone calls and emails, and I was very impressed. The rooms and the dining facility were very nice.

October 16, 2014

Sterling House has a good nursing staff. They are very competent and very friendly, and they seem very compassionate. They have a lot of recreational things for the residents. They have a safe environment. There are safety features in each room like call buttons and grab bars. The rooms are excellent and very clean. My parents are very happy with it. They’re not happy to be away from home, but happy that it’s a good environment.

April 22, 2014

Everything in Sterling House, like the rooms and the staff, was very nice. What stood out was their cleanliness.

September 26, 2013

By Reynold1

I am working to get my wife into Sterling House of Panama City right now. I like the fact that they have other people there that can interact with her. They also have 24-hour coverage. They seemed like they have good meal preparation and they have activities for the residents. They facility is a pretty nice place, but the apartments are expensive. They have four different apartment sizes and you can choose to have a smaller or a larger one.

August 28, 2013

By Largie

I visited Sterling House. This facility was nice and clean. I saw one of their rooms for one person and they were small. They were as big as a small bedroom when you're in a house.

August 28, 2013

By Joanne13

My mom has just moved in a facility called Sterling House. The place is all right. It is clean. It is a place for memory impaired individuals and also for those needing regular assisted living. They have them mixed together and they're not separated, which is good, I think. They have plenty of staff there and they are very helpful. They were helpful in getting my mom over there. With regards to amenities, because my mom is memory impaired, she really isn't able to enjoy any of them so far.

November 02, 2012

Sterling House seems very nice. It's about an hour from where I live. The people were nice. and there's a lot of activities there. The staff was very helpful to me.

May 15, 2012

By Carn

From what I can remember, the nursing home was always very clean and helpful in terms of my grandmother. However, she used to complain about the quality of food at times, and the activities they held on a weekly basis.

Photos of Brookdale Panama City

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt
  • Renal

About Brookdale Panama City

Brookdale Panama City provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

The Sterling House in Panama City has a dual license; an assisted living license along with a limited nursing service license. This means our residents can age in place far longer here than any other assisted living communities in the area.

Map of Brookdale Panama City