Brookdale Panama City

2575 Harrison Avenue, Panama City, FL, 32405

Reviews of Brookdale Panama City

vagabond701 March 27, 2015

My mom was in Sterling House for 18 months. Their cleaning of the room was very much lacking. We sometime had to ring the emergency buzzer several times to get assistance. We had to hire sitters to watch my mom as they just didn't do the job at all of watching her. The Nurseing staff is week at best in my opinion. The night crew is very limited and needs to be checked into as they were very limited in timely response to problems. It is apparently a $ issue to keep their crew at a minimum number to help the patients. Nothing seems to matter to them except the almighty $! There were many issues during the 18 months mom was there to include stopped up shower drains which took 2 days to get it fixed only after it started to run out on the carpet in the main room. Never was the room dusted except when my sister or I did it. To get the floor vacuumed was like pullin teeth. I could go on and on but I think you get the message.

We are committed to our residents care as well as our scheduled cleaning of apartments and address all maintenance issues as they occur.

Patrick14 December 20, 2014

I went to Sterling House -- which was a very nice facility -- and their maintenance was very good. The staff were all very helpful. A lady tried to keep in touch with telephone calls and emails, and I was very impressed. The rooms and the dining facility were very nice.

Caring95325250 October 16, 2014

Sterling House has a good nursing staff. They are very competent and very friendly, and they seem very compassionate. They have a lot of recreational things for the residents. They have a safe environment. There are safety features in each room like call buttons and grab bars. The rooms are excellent and very clean. My parents are very happy with it. They’re not happy to be away from home, but happy that it’s a good environment.

Caring83003250 April 22, 2014

Everything in Sterling House, like the rooms and the staff, was very nice. What stood out was their cleanliness.

Reynold1 September 26, 2013

I am working to get my wife into Sterling House of Panama City right now. I like the fact that they have other people there that can interact with her. They also have 24-hour coverage. They seemed like they have good meal preparation and they have activities for the residents. They facility is a pretty nice place, but the apartments are expensive. They have four different apartment sizes and you can choose to have a smaller or a larger one.

Largie August 28, 2013

I visited Sterling House. This facility was nice and clean. I saw one of their rooms for one person and they were small. They were as big as a small bedroom when you're in a house.

Joanne13 August 28, 2013

My mom has just moved in a facility called Sterling House. The place is all right. It is clean. It is a place for memory impaired individuals and also for those needing regular assisted living. They have them mixed together and they're not separated, which is good, I think. They have plenty of staff there and they are very helpful. They were helpful in getting my mom over there. With regards to amenities, because my mom is memory impaired, she really isn't able to enjoy any of them so far.

Caring850 November 02, 2012

Sterling House seems very nice. It's about an hour from where I live. The people were nice. and there's a lot of activities there. The staff was very helpful to me.

Carn May 15, 2012

From what I can remember, the nursing home was always very clean and helpful in terms of my grandmother. However, she used to complain about the quality of food at times, and the activities they held on a weekly basis.

From Brookdale Panama City

Brookdale Panama City provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Panama City

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: All apartments have kitchenettes

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Activities extra: zumba, Be Fit, Choice Dining

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Panama City