Sunrise of Palos Park

12828 South LaGrange Road, Palos Park, IL, 60464

Reviews of Sunrise of Palos Park

Caring109764950 July 04, 2015

My mom is at Sunrise. I think it is a wonderful place. They are very, very hands on. We like this facility. We like the treatment she is getting over there. Food is very good.

We like everything about the place -- the food, the service, and the atmosphere. It is really a nice facility. The staff is very attentive and very helpful.

Joe82568850 January 22, 2015

My second favorite was Sunrise of Palos Park. The dining area was very nice looking, but I did not eat there. The staff was excellent. They were very accommodating, very nice, and very professional. The building was clean, and it was very well-kept.

Don41 October 16, 2014

Sunrise of Palos Park is very nice. My parents have been there for three months now. I liked that it looked new and fresh. The rooms and the dining room are very nice also.

Noreen2 March 27, 2013

Mom was in a dementia unit at Sunrise of Palos Park. The food was great and the facility is very clean. My one concern was she wasn't quite as engaged with their activities and there wasn't enough effort to convince her to participate or engage with her.

Thank you for your message. Each Reminiscence Neighborhood has a Life Enrichment Manager, who is specifically focused on designing activities that are unique to the needs of a particular resident and their needs and interests. If you have any questions about these programs, we encourage you to contact us at information@sunriseseniorliving.com so that we can better understand how we can serve your family.

Lin S. November 23, 2012

My aunt was in this facility for 2 years. She received utmost care in the alzheimer's section. Her family was very happy with the staff and care their mother received. It's private pay and on the pricey side but definitely worth it if you can afford it.

Annon94812 May 03, 2012

Overall, the staff seemed genuinely interested in the welfare of the residents, which is sometimes not very visible. My friend who worked there often told me stories when she was surprised by the willingness of help others would give her if she needed assistance. The facility was very clean and one of the nicest ones I have seen. There was never garbage or miscellaneous items laying around, hallways were kept clear, and residents were able to move around freely (wheelchairs were not restricted in any spaces. They did have to use elevators instead of the stairs).One thing that added a little extra value was the pet therapy program. They had a dog there that was very friendly with the residents and visitors. I have heard that having a pet in the facility can improve morale as residents create relationships with the animals. I also saw them bring a chimpanzee on site. I am not sure if it is normal to have these types of animals in a nursing facility but it was nice to see the happiness that they brought the residents.Overall, I was very impressed with the facility and although I am not sure the cost of living there, I think it would probably be worth the cost.

From Sunrise of Palos Park

Located just two miles north of Orland Park Shopping Center and within minutes of a major forest preserve system that follows the historic Illinois Sag Canal, Sunrise of Palos Park is located in an upscale residential neighborhood on LaGrange Road, a main north/south artery. We pride ourselves in our ability to serve our residents in regard to their own individual service plans as they age in place in our beautiful home-like environment.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can?t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping.

Look around and you?ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Features of Sunrise of Palos Park

• 24-hour security gate

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• 24 hour nurses: Available during business hours