The Village At Palmerton

71 Princeton Avenue, Palmerton, PA, 18071

Contact Now

Reviews of The Village At Palmerton

Raymay November 11, 2016

First of all the building is in a nice location with a pretty view. My Father was a resident. Needless to say the food was like fast food. The staff were unfriendly and would argue in the halls. The administration team is lacking. They seem to go through staff like water. The new Memory Care unit is very small. Do yourself and family a favor go some where else. Very unsatisfying experience. Very sad.

Anonymous381700 September 09, 2016

I did not like The Village at Palmerton. The staff had no interaction with the staff at all. At one point, we were waiting for the elevator, and the staff didn't even interact with each other. They were waiting there, and they didn't even talk to each other. It was a very uncomfortable feeling, so that was a big no-no for me. Everything else was adequate, but it just came down to the staff. I didn't feel comfortable with them at all.

Barbara350152 June 11, 2016

My daughter and I saw The Village. It had different floors, and from the front, it looked more like a hospital. However, it was nice, had a room where people could hang out, and was full of plants, so I thought that was impressive.

Karen430814 June 10, 2016

We went to The Village at Palmerton. It was more expensive than the other facility we saw, but it wasn’t as nice. We only met one staff person, and she was friendly. The community was nice. The rooms were just one big room without a kitchen in the rooms. When we showed up, there was a gentleman visiting who was singing with them. They seemed to be having a good time. It seemed like their clientele was a lot older. The dining area was really nice and had soda fountains/juice fountains that you can use any time. They had a salon and a TV room.

Caring110842350 August 10, 2015

I would have taken my mother to The Village at Palmerton. I had some friends whose family was staying up there, and I used to take my mother up there so she could visit with them. It was very nice. It was very clean. The staff was very considerate and nice. They had crafts, music, and bingo. They took them out to eat or for ice cream. The rooms were very nice. Probably they could improve on their food. They were very picky with their food. You always had to let them know ahead of time if you were staying for lunch or buy a ticket; that kind of thing I thought was a little bit of a pain. Aside from that, everything was very nice. It was a very nice facility; it was just a little farther away.

Caring83676950 June 28, 2014

I don't have anything bad or good to say about The Village at Palmerton. It was not a good match for my dad. They don't have enough activities. It was a very, very slow place, very, very depressing feeling. But, it was a very clean place.

Jeff16 January 18, 2014

The Village of Palmerton was very nice place. It was very clean. The pricing was reasonable. I was satisfied with it. The rooms were nice. The activity schedule was full. They did have lot of activities, e.g. board games, exercises, bingo, etc. They also have a van that takes the residents to different local places. The staff there was very helpful. I would recommend this place.

Sullivan3 May 03, 2013

The Village at Palmerton is staffed with warm, caring Professional people. They are dedicated and attentive. My Dad arrived 18 months ago. He has gained weight(loves the food and social interaction at meal time), does Wii bowling, playing Bingo, and attending Music and Church presentations. He has many new Friends. The Activity Director plans outings to restaurants and and local shopping trips. She conducts exercise classes to stimulate the mind and body. At 99 and 1/2 my Dad is "Thriving".The Village is the perfect place to enjoy life while relaxing on the front porch . Whether as a long term Resident or recuperating from surgery for a short time stay...The Village will and does accommodate all your needs.

711 May 02, 2013

The Village at (71 Princeton Ave.) Palmerton, PA. is an excellent assisted living home. It's more than a "facility" and it is staffed by truly caring people. My uncle (nearly 92) is in reasonably good shape. Two years ago he was living alone in a house with the only bathroom on the second floor. As a bachelor, and world traveler, he was used to making reservations; rather than meals. His diet was much less than balanced! And, I worried about him falling down the steps. His health suffered and he entered The Village from Palmerton Hospital. Norma Kunkel (Mgr.) and Connie Carlin (RN in Charge) were and are great with his care. Chris(tine), Office Mgr., has been super with any paperwork required. He wasn't sure how he would like it, but now he really likes it there. He likes it so much with his own room and bathroom, three healthy meals a day + snacks, plenty of room to walk around inside or outside, a super view of Lehigh Gap & Palmerton, TV's, radio, books, etc., that he told me that he does not want to return to his house. I visit as fequently as I can and we have eaten there together. Although the meals are healthy, and tasty (my complements to the kitchen staff) we usually go out for lunch and a change of scenery. And speaking of changing scenery, Chuck (Head custodian) maintains a HUGE colorful salt water aquarium in the lobby. Just sitting and watching it is soothing and relaxing. He used to do his own laundry at a commercial laundry, now it's done in house for him. The gal(s) on shift come to his room to make sure he gets to meals. . . . The bottom line is that he's glad to be there. And, I'm much less worried about his health and well being because of all the caring professionals around him. Thank you to all the staff. You are very much appreciated.

Lin 1 April 26, 2013

I needed a place for my elderly uncle who was unable to be on his own any more and visited the village at palmerton , after a very pleasant tour of the facility and with a complete informational packet with costs, admission needs,menu samples,etc. I made the decision that my uncle would be well cared for and it was the best decision for both of us. I see my uncle every week and he is very happy and well cared for,he loves the staff, his spacious room and bath, and the wonderful food. I have peace of mind knowing that he is exactly where he needs to be and is happy. d makes sure he is well cared for and feels loved.

From The Village At Palmerton

At The Village at Palmerton we welcome your friends and family anytime to come and visit. This is your home where you make the schedule. They can dine with you in our elegant dining room or join you on a trip downtown. We are a Mid-size community that provides attention to detail and strive to meet all of your needs. Whether its adding a Kitchenette, or providing furnishings we will work with you to make your room truly Yours!

• Private & Semi– private Bedroom suites
  • 3 Levels of personal health care managementv
  • 24 hour caregiving staff w/ LPN’s on site
  • House Physicians & Pharmacy
  • Wearable Emergency call pendant safety system
  • Dietary planning and specialized meals
  • Onsite Physical/Occupational Therapy

Assistance when you need it, Independence when you don't!

Features of The Village At Palmerton