HarborChase of Palm Harbor

2960 Tampa Rd, Palm Harbor, FL, 34684

Contact Now

Reviews of HarborChase of Palm Harbor

TrulyDVine January 16, 2016

Harbor Chase is a beautiful facility. The rooms are well designed and my mother is content, which is saying a lot for my mother.

She wants to be very social, but it is hard to find a lot of social people at this age. The meals are with assigned seating, so if you don't like your table mates, it is tuff luck. This is a problem.

The laundry is done room by room, this helps to reduce the amount of lost laundry. Even with this process, my mother seems to have lost a load of her clothes. This is actually very good compared to most facilities. My mother in law was placed in a facility that did laundry without a room separation and we never knew who's clothes she was wearing or who was wearing her clothes, so the facility taking extra care with my mother's clothes is very nice. The facility has good food. Even though she is hard to please, the food is to her liking most of the time. There are several choices she can make at each meal, and this allows her to have more choice and what she wants to eat at each meal. The medicine delivery is one of the main reasons we started my mother in an ALF. She was no longer able to see or remember what meds to take and when. All the charts and labeled boxes did not do enough to allow her to remember correctly. There is a gal named Carol in the facility that is one of the sweetest people I have ever met and is very diligent in making the residents happy and comfortable. The medicine for my mother seems to be delivered on time and correctly. When my mother needed extra care, my call to the Manager made a big difference and the care takers made an extra effort to make my mother comfortable and took the time to do extra medical checks on a daily basis. We have changed to the house Doctor at Harbor Chase. Dr. K has been very good with my mother as well as the on site nurses. Christopher is not only kind, but very alert to the residents. My mother fell a couple times and was helped emediately, then when she was found not feeling well, they watched her closely, determining she needed to go to the hospital. This could have been a very different outcome without the diligence and concern of Christopher. I have found that some of the staff at the front desk are not mature nor are they welcoming or warm except when they are being watched. An occurance where I parked in front to drop off a large amount of items (I am disabled and cannot walk a long distance, nor carry weight), the only concern was for me to move my car, even when it was out of the way. I came out to move the car and found the gal up front speaking very nasty about me to other family members who were visiting. This was very upsetting, but most of the time, the others there are really great. They have helped when I mentioned a smell in an area, it was taken care of. When I asked for help in most any way, they have been very helpful and tried to make my mother happy. A few bad apples are in every barrel. The magnificent décor that replicates 5 star hotels and the willing staff and good food make this a very nice place. I wish they had more activities, other than bingo and riding around the city, but so many are limited that I understand the minimum diversity. All in all, I think if you are lucky enough to find a room available at Harbor Chase, you will see that you will be very happy with them, and your loved one will adjust and be happy there too.

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us. We sincerely appreciate the kind words and glowing review. We’re pleased that you chose HarborChase for your mother and that she is happy and content. We’re glad that you’re pleased with our 5-star hotel décor and the exceptional medical care available in our community. We’re also happy that you chose to recognize and single out many of our wonderful Care Partners. All of our associates strive to make a difference in the lives of our residents by providing nurturing care that truly transcends the expected. Again, we thank you for your review and look forward to serving you and your mother in the years to come.

Nancy117430650 December 31, 2015

HarborChase looked good and it looked like they had good activities for the people. Good menus; it was clean as well.

Thank you for taking the time to rate us. We appreciate the positive feedback and are happy that you noted the wealth of activities available daily through our Life Enrichment Program. This program is designed to provide our residents with a wide variety of activities. We’re also pleased that you noticed the menus in our dining areas. Our award winning menus are created by a team of HarborChase Chefs in partnership with our registered dietitian and customized to each communities’ resident preferences in order to provide many choices and favorites. Again, we sincerely appreciate the feedback and we’d like to invite you to come back by anytime. We’d love another opportunity to get to know you.

Guenter October 29, 2015

Harbor Chase was very good too. The people were absolutely good. The place was clean, and everything was first class. I had seen the swimming pool, but I had not been in the gym itself. The dining area and the food were very good. They also had an excellent menu. It had everything that you could possibly thought of.

Caring102482850 December 03, 2014

Dad was at HarborChase of Palm Harbor. The facility is very clean, and they have nice staff. Their food is excellent, but they could not provide my father with the level of services that he needs at this time. They do have good activities.

caring77301050 January 30, 2014

There was really nothing wrong with Harbor Chase, other than their memory care is more of an afterthought. The memory care area was just adequate. There was nothing special about it. The property itself for the assisted living and everything was well maintained, but the memory care part wasn't. It looked like an institution and it is on lock down. I didn't think that my mother-in-law would be happy at that place. The lady that we talked to seemed like she was in a hurry and she'd brush us through. When the ones in memory care wanted to talk to us, she didn't want us talking to anybody. When we talked to the residents, one in assisted living and two in memory care, they told us that they weren't happy there.

Roland1 October 15, 2013

The apartments at Harbor Chase were smaller and their facility was a little older. They had spacious rooms and their staff was great. However, their price was about $500 higher that where we had signed my mom in.

Catherine5 July 12, 2013

I visited HarborChase of Palm Harbor for my aunt and uncle. This is a very nice place but too expensive for them. It got a homey environment. Their apartments are very nice. They got lovely rooms. Their staff seems very helpful at the time of my visit and their client care seems good. Everybody looks nice and clean and well-cared for.

Deena1 June 19, 2013

my mother and father live here. I looked into 12 facilities before I picked Harborchase and have not regretted it for one moment.

therealhome July 06, 2012

The facilities were great. It was like a long stay hotel. While the great weather cannot be attributed to the business, the facilities took full advantage of them with nice open spaces that connected to the outside world. There were many large glass windows that displayed the nice scenery. A majority of the staff were very nice. They treated visitors very nicely and my great grandmother was very happy there. Although some of the staff seemed bored or sad to be working there, most seemed to enjoy their jobs and their importance to the elderly. There seemed to be a great deal of one on one attention and everyone knew everybody's names. The staff worked great with the residents who had memory loss and other illnesses. The staff were well trained for all types or people. I would like to live here one day when the time comes to leave my home.

tampabayCNA December 22, 2011

Balmoral is a well known ALF in Pinellas County. Located conveniently in Palm Harbor Fl, just off Belcher, this facility is easy to locate. Its reputation is obvious once you arrive at this beautiful building. This facility is one of the larger ones in the county around 120 people reside here at any given time. The common areas are large and Well lit and the activities for the residents is posted near the main lobby. There is a check in desk that monitors all traffic in and out of the building for safety. The building is very clean and the staff is always visible and I even noticed on staff maintenance. The dinning area I noticed was nicely decorated and the food looked great! In my opinion this is a great place!

Caring391040 December 05, 2011

When my grandparents lived at this facility, they were very happy and well taken care of on the premises. We would often spend full days with them there, engaging in activities the facility put on, having delicious meals, and meeting the other residents. They provided wonderful meals, transportation to appointments if needed, and made sure there was always something for the residents to use.The facility was wide-open, with outdoor access, a piano, a small library, and even a resident pet (a bird at the time). The floor plan of the entire place and the rooms felt very comfortable and home-like. The staff were extremely caring and friendly. We felt secure that our family members were well taken care of and happy while living there.

SharonL1 September 29, 2011

My parents were in their 80s when my mom was diagnosed with cancer. After beginning chemo she didn't have the strength to cook and do household chores for her and my step dad. Mom asked me about an ACLF and we went out one day to visit a few. Harbor Chase was our first choice. They have amazing staff that truly cares about the residents who live there. The nurses on staff go above and beyond - they treat all the residents like family! The apartments have indoor entrance/exit doors much like a hotel, and residents check in and out at the front desk, as do guests for safety and security reasons. The grounds are gorgeous and my parents never complained once about the food in the main dining room. It was always delicious when I visited and we would eat together. I highly recommend Balmoral - in fact, I want to live there when I get older!!

spot42251 July 27, 2011

The staff knows everyone by name, very clean, everyone seems happy even in the Alzeimers unit. They have a ice cream shop where the family and patients can gather and talke (even have one in the Alzeimers unit). Allow family to hve dinner in the dining room.

From HarborChase of Palm Harbor

Celebrating senior living each and every day!

Welcome to HarborChase of Palm Harbor, and the highest standard of senior care offering assisted living, and our acclaimed memory care program. Respect and simple kindness abound here as we celebrate each individual life with the dignity it has earned and a warm appreciation of chapters still to unfold.

We know you're facing a difficult decision. That's why we're here, and why we do what we do. We understand the challenges you face when caring for a loved one with memory loss, dementia, or Alzheimer's. But now imagine a new home where lovely surroundings, tasty food, and a compassionate, competent staff make each day shine. This is HarborChase of Palm Harbor, where we pride ourselves on setting the gold standard every day.

Come visit and experience our tradition of excellence in senior care.
Call today; this could be your truest act of love.

Beautifully landscaped community with walking path - All one bedroom apartments with mutable floor plans some with lake view. - Ice-Cream Parlor open everyday all day! - Extended Congregate Care License (ECC) - 24hr. Nursing.

Features of HarborChase of Palm Harbor

• Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $5,035/month

• Minimum age: Call Community

• Licenses: Assisted Living Facility #8728
  • State License(s): 8728

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of HarborChase of Palm Harbor