Atria Palm Desert

44-300 San Pascual Avenue, Palm Desert, CA, 92260

Reviews of Atria Palm Desert

Minnie5 July 13, 2015

My mother-in-law has been at the Atria a little over a month. She is in a 1-bedroom apartment with a little patio so she can have the dog. Everything seems to be running quite smoothly. The staff is very friendly and seems to know what they’re doing. They have different levels of assistance. They do have quite a few activities that the residents can participate in.

David101832350 February 10, 2015

I liked Atria Palm Desert the most among the facilities I had visited. It did not look like an assisted living facility. They had a very heavy classic feel with lots of floral patterns and heavy wooden furniture everywhere. It was certainly bright. One of the things I liked the most about it was the dining style. The staff that accommodated me was very professional, very friendly, and very helpful. I liked her.

Martha41 February 03, 2015

To me, Atria Palm Desert was very nice. It was the best because of the cruise ship atmosphere and the restaurant. I loved it. The staff seemed fantastic, and they seemed to have a nice rapport with all the residents. It looked more upscale. I think it was one of the most expensive facilities. People were dressed really nicely. They had a courtyard, and they had some very nice rooms. What stood out to me was the dining room.

Caring95278250 October 16, 2014

Dad is very happy at Atria Palm Desert and so we are very good with that. We like everything about the place. The facility's cleanliness is fabulous. His room has a patio and overlooks a swimming pool, and it's very nice. I have had lunch there and the food is fabulous. The staff are great and they treat my dad really nicely and he likes everybody. It's a very good experience.

Caring87148450 October 07, 2014

I was impressed with the Atria Palm Desert. It was clean, the residents seemed happy and well-cared for, the food smelled delicious, and the little apartments were pretty spacious. I actually liked it a lot. It probably would have been my first choice, but my parents liked the other facility better. It is a very nice place, and I can say nothing wrong about it. Like I said, the residents all seemed happy, and the staff were very friendly and accommodating.

Linda90289650 August 28, 2014

My mother will be moving in to Atria Palm Desert on September. It is a combination of assisted living and senior living all in one building. She will have a small patio and she can have some plants out around her patio, so she can be outside as well as mix with people who may be not quite so far along with their memory problem. Regarding the staff, I dealt primarily with Kelly and she has been wonderful. She has continued to follow up with me on a regular basis. I also met with the executive director. They were very all very accommodating and very warm. They really helped make it an easy choice.

Elsie3 January 31, 2014

I really like Atria Palm Desert. I could picture my aunt and her little dog being happy there. It’s a smaller facility. They only have 77 units. They have outdoor patio and it's just one level. All the personnel were very professionally polite and the people who works there most of them have been there for 12 years or 20 years, very good longevity with staff. They have heated arthritic pool with hydrotherapy classes three times a week and they also have a restaurant service for the meals. Their location is also very good; very close to shopping and to restaurants. It's directly across the street of a very nice senior center. The visit was excellent.

OrangeCountySocialWorker August 18, 2011

My mother moved into the independent living part of Atria Palm Desert about a year ago. (They also offer assisted living, skilled nursing, and memory care.) It was an emotional thing for all of us. But they made the whole process much easier than it might have been "“ they were very accommodating to my mom -- and she's happy there.

It's a beautifully decorated facility, and the grounds are lovely, too: lush, well maintained. It's elegant, top of the line. They have 1 or 2 bedroom apartments with large walk-in closets and a full kitchen. For my taste, the hallways are a little on the cold side. They have that sterile, hotel-like feel"”not homey. But everything about it feels elegant to my mom. And she's the one who lives there.

The staff is very accommodating, caring, friendly, hospitable. They really make an effort to get to know the residents and the families. And the administration is very committed to quality.

The location is mostly good. It's in Palm Desert, about 200 miles east of L.A., across the street from a shopping mall and restaurants and right next door to a Walgreens pharmacy. But it's also close to heavily trafficked Highway 11, and it can be noisy.

Other pros: - The food is very good. And they have their own bar and cocktail lounge. For the Kentucky Derby, everyone in there had their hats on, absolutely loving it.

• They have so many activities. That's one their big plusses, and everybody just loves that about the place. They have cooking classes, a movie theater, computer classes aerobics, tai chi, pilates.

Cons: - They should play music in the dining room. It's too quiet. There should be something more going on than just a bunch of people sitting and eating. They need more ambiance.

I've looked at other independent living facilities, and this is the nicest I've seen.

From Atria Palm Desert

Atria Palm Desert is a stylish pet-friendly independent and assisted living community just minutes from the exclusive boutiques, restaurants and galleries of El Paseo Drive. Featuring stunning mountain views, a heated pool, delicious meals served restaurant-style daily, and an exquisite barbecue area, our community offers many opportunities for staying active. The intimate layout of our community allows us to focus on each resident's interests and encourages more conversations with neighbors and staff. Visit us today for a tour.

Features of Atria Palm Desert