The Willows

4725 Bellwether Lane, Oxford, FL, 34484

Reviews of The Willows

Cullen165213 October 13, 2016

The food at The Willows is pretty good. The facility is alright. It’s ample. The rooms are too small.

BN September 11, 2016

The Willows is a new facility, it was beautiful, everybody was nice, and they were very friendly. The representatives bent over backwards to make us feel at home. We ate a meal there -- which was delicious. They’ve got independent living and assisted living, and both of those are in one apartment, so you don’t have to move. It was very affordable. However, the apartments don’t have stove tops, and I would miss it. We saw a lot of the clients, they were happy to talk to us, and it was lovely.

Anonymous120480850 February 22, 2016

The Willows was small with only two stories, which was more the size my dad wanted. Because it was smaller and there were fewer residents there, we felt that they would be able to keep an eye on him a little bit better than in a larger place. The other reason we liked it was the location and that it was right down the street from my father's neurologist office.

Deb35 February 10, 2016

Mom was at The Willows at Wildwood. We like the people. They were very nice. It was a new facility. However, the management never got fortified. They had people from other Brookdales coming to cover almost all the big jobs, and that went on the whole time Mom was there when we finally said this isn’t working for us. They didn’t have 24/7 nursing care in their memory care, and the doctor didn’t want her going back there because of that. It is an assisted-living, but they also have memory care. It was new when we moved my mom in there, and some of the things they said were going to be there, just never were. The management staff never had solidified. My mom, in terms, of her everyday care was fine. They were very nice, and they took care of her. However, the activities that were promised weren’t being provided. They had the standard stuff, but not a lot of music.

Helen116784850 December 31, 2015

The Willows is a lovely facility; it’s brand new and it’s excellent. I had no qualms about moving my mother there. The place was large, clean, and modern. The young lady that showed me around was very helpful. I knew what questions to ask and she had all the right answers.

When I was taking a tour of the facility, I saw 2 different activities going on. One set is for people who were further along in dementia and the other is for people without dementia. The bathroom is particularly designed that there are grab bars in the showers and an elderly person would have no problem taking a shower.

Jim113124650 October 28, 2015

The Willows at Wildwood is first class. They take care of the residents. My brother has been here for two months now. They have entertainment, you could get a walker or a ride if you can't walk, and they have exercise classes. The food is good, as well as the staff. He is happy and comfortable there.

Caring112528150 August 27, 2015

The Willows at Wildwood was very nice. I don't have anything bad to say about them. They're quite a bit smaller than what we're used to living in, and that's one of the things we have to adapt to. The dining room was clean. We had lunch there, and the food was good. There were some people playing cards.

Alison9 May 02, 2015

The Willows was absolutely gorgeous. It was very impressive and laid out very nicely. Of course, it was brand new. Everyone was very friendly, and we were introduced to many of the staff, which took the time to stop and sit with my dad. They had more amenities and more choices for the residents than the other facilities that we visited in the area. They had a game room. Their dining area was like a restaurant style, which offered a lot more choices for the food. They don't have set dining hours like the other place we went, which had a 2 hour window of when to eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The thing my dad was very impressed with was their medical staff. They had a doctor on staff and a cardiologist that came in on a regular basis. Someone also came in to draw their blood. It was endless -- the things that they offered.

There were transportation services for the residents, which were much more extensive than the places we visited. They had a library. They had Wi-Fi and internet access in the room for the residents. They had the salon for personal services. I couldn't think of anything that they don't have.

From The Willows

PICTURE YOUR RETIREMENT near the villages IN FLORIDA

Welcome to The Willows, where your retirement adventure awaits.

When you visit our retirement community near The Villages in Oxford, you’ll notice something unexpected the minute you walk through the doors. You can see, hear, and feel the energy and vibrancy of our community. The lobby is bustling, people are laughing, and friends are chatting. Some are planning outings to Spanish Springs Town Square or Lake Sumter Landing, while others are grabbing coffee before a day on the links at one of the nearby golf courses. The Willows feels like an active community because it is an active community.

Our philosophy of premium customer service translates into an experience that feels more like you’re on a permanent vacation, and less like you’re in a retirement community. The atmosphere is warm, friendly, and inviting—whatever our residents need, our helpful staff is ready to deliver.

At The Willows, we don’t just care for people—we care about people, and want to help our residents get the most out of their retirement. Want to plan a movie night? Invite your family. How about a game of poker? Stack your chips. Dinner in the city sound fun? Hop on the shuttle. Whatever you want to do, whatever your interests are, we can help bring them to life in this next phase of life.

At The Willows, a fun, adventurous retirement is there for the taking. All you have to do is make yourself at home.

From full-service dining featuring seasonal menus and healthy choices to our signature PrimeFit fitness program, you'll have access to a long list of services and amenities at The Willows. We invite you to come and experience them for yourself—schedule a personal visit and we'll treat you to lunch.

• Conveniently located near The Villages with access to shopping, restaurants, banking and medical services
  • Local walking paths and nearby parks
  • Full-service dining featuring seasonal menus and healthy choices
  • Full calendar of fun and engaging programs, events and activities
  • PrimeFit Gym & Fitness
  • Travel by Leisure Care full-service travel agency
  • Fit Brains and Language Learning programs powered by Rosetta Stone
  • Assisted Living and Memory Care services available
  • Weekly housekeeping and linen service
  • Regularly scheduled shuttle service
  • Onsite physical and occupational therapy
  • Off-street parking for residents and guests
  • Private dining room for entertaining family and guests
  • Full-service salon and barber shop
  • Spacious common areas including living room, library, and recreational areas
  • Theater
  • Bistro
  • Computer lounge with complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Complimentary laundry facilities
  • Pet-friendly community

Features of The Willows

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• We charge an entry fee
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,300/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 64