The Atrium Village

4730 Atrium Court, Owings Mills, MD, 21117

Reviews of The Atrium Village

Dawn32 October 28, 2015

I was very impressed with the facilities at Atrium Village. The people were very kind. They gave me a nice tour and showed me one of the rooms that my mother would have been living in. I talked to a few nice staff members. They also showed me the calendar of activities, which was pretty good and had a broad range of activities. It’s probably about a 20-minute drive from the hospital. There’s a little strip mall right across the street that had a grocery store, a pizzeria, and a bank.

Anonymous114016850 September 30, 2015

It was wonderful. Everything about Atrium Village was fine -- the rooms, the food, the atmosphere. When I visited, they were setting up for a musical that day and were about to be entertained by someone playing the piano. There were people who were getting therapy done, and there was someone in the library using the computer, and in the hair salon getting their hair done.

Mary111904850 September 29, 2015

The Atrium Village seemed overcrowded. There were so many people sitting all over the place, and they kind of looked very sad. The staff was wonderful. The rooms and apartments were small, but they were nice. They had a nice dining room and good food. Most people were either in wheelchairs or walkers.

Kathy101984050 August 27, 2015

The Atrium Village was very similar to where my mother-in-law is now -- lots of activities and beautiful rooms. I haven't seen anybody including where she is right now whose rooms are as nice as theirs for the price that you pay. The staff seemed very friendly, and they did have lots of planned activities, but you pay for your level of care. It's one of those places that you really can't count on where she's going to be a month from now as far as your finances. That would've been my second choice. They also would transport them to doctor's appointments as needed.

Anonymous106042450 July 31, 2015

The Atrium Village seemed like it was too big with long hallways. It looked like a business more than a home. The staff did not seem as friendly. The dining area seemed like a cafeteria. I do not think my aunt would have liked that facility.

I am sorry to learn of your initial impressions about our community. While our community houses many people, we pride ourselves in creating a caring and supportive environment for our residents and our family members. I would love to have the opportunity to further discuss how we try to maximize each person’s experience here. Again, I am sorry that you did not select our community, and we did not have a chance to work together.

Gloria47 July 14, 2015

The Atrium Village was clean and welcoming. The staff was professional, and the rooms and apartments were small but clean. The dining room was neat and clean; it was more like a restaurant. It is close to my house. I believe that the place was safe and secure.

Debbie109859350 July 05, 2015

We went to The Atrium Village. It was lovely. They had spacious rooms, very qualified staff, and a lot of activities. It was a really nice place, and it was very reasonably priced. It was very clean as well.

Caring108210350 June 30, 2015

It was a very pleasant looking facility with very nice rooms, and the staff seemed to be nice as well. It was just very large, which I don't think my mother would care for. The rooms were pretty adequate. If it were for me, I would prefer The Atrium Village.

Carolyn88679150 May 28, 2015

There were several things that we did not like about the Atrium Village. There were terrible odors on one of the floors that we went on, the entire floor smelled like urine, and it was very outdated. There was one enormous area that people just kind of congregated in, and it just seemed to be not a good place for people who aren’t used to large crowds or low vision, which my father has. The rooms were just small. We actually went into the dining room, and the dining room had a bad odor. They had food like they were placed out sitting in the room quite a bit for dinner time, and it was so hot in there I thought that the food was going to go bad. It was just really not good. On one of the floors that we went on, the entire floor smelled like urine so, clearly, they were not taking care of their residents who had incontinency issues, so I think they are going to need more experienced staff. And they just need to upgrade the facility. It is a large place, so I can imagine it would cost millions of dollars to upgrade the place. It was just an old building, and everything looked old and dingy. I would say it needs a remodel.

My name is Reuben Rosenfeld and I am the newly appointed Executive Director at Atrium Village. Here at Atrium Village, we take each comment most seriously; whether we receive it from a prospective client or current resident. Please be assured that we are committed to working with all of our families to help them in their individual journeys. I would welcome the chance to speak with you further, so you can feel firsthand our commitment to this mission.

Catherine24 April 18, 2015

It was a very good, brief but thorough, explanation of what I could expect at Atrium Village with an invitation to come back. I saw one or two of their rooms, and they looked very nice, clean, bright, and pleasant. I didn't get to eat, but I saw the dining setup, and it looked very homey and inviting to anyone who might want to eat to have a meal there. I believe they have activities that include in-house games or things like that. It was very pleasant even though it was a short visit.

Claire18 March 25, 2015

Atrium was very airy and open. The problem was that they had an outbreak of flu of some sort and the gentleman was not able to show me the apartments. He apologized several times, and he took me over to another side, but it really wasn't the side where my mother would be staying, and I understood that; I wasn't upset with that. That happens, and they have to follow the guidelines of the state regulations, but the person who hosted me was very informative and very helpful. The amenities were very nice. What I really liked was that the gentleman knew what I was interested in, and he did follow-up with me weeks later to say, "Hey, the room that you were interested in has become available if I can help." It was a follow-up that was appreciated. I didn't take him up on it, but the point is that he was responsive and understood what I wanted and followed up with me. They have a lovely dining area. It was set up in a way that you really felt like you were going to a restaurant; it was very well-decorated, very well-kept, and it would make a resident there feel very welcome when served. It was a very large place, and it had a regular independent living area, I believe it had an Alzheimer's section, and obviously the assisted living which is what my mother would need. So, all in all, it was a very lovely place. It was physically a little farther from where my home is, so I would have to travel more to visit my mom and things like that, but it was still nice. It was more modern living.

Caring103066450 March 11, 2015

We looked at the Atrium -- and we liked it -- but they didn't have any rooms available right at the moment and we needed to get my mother-in-law in a place quickly. It was a very good visit. The people were very nice. They spent a lot of time with me talking through what they had and what they could offer, they checked in with me while I was trying to make my decision, and I was very impressed with them. We probably would have chosen this one over the others if they had a room.

Caring106168250 February 16, 2015

We've seen the Atrium Village several times. It is a larger place that has independent, assisted living, and memory care attached to it if you needed it. We initially were looking for independent living, but she is on the cusp. It turns out after a doctor's appointment that she was more on the assisted side because she needs more assistance. This place offers little studio apartments, so she still has a sense of having her own place with her own key. She is not alone, so if she gets confused, somebody is there. The dining hall is very nice. It is very comfortable and inviting. They have cloth chairs, and it has a sense of a little dining room. The staff seems very friendly and very nice. They have a whole list of schedule from arts to dance lessons to bingo and excursions.

Caring103808850 January 04, 2015

The Atrium Village had a room in each patient or client area where guests could come, and my mother would be able to eat in her own room, so it was the only place that I approved of. They would start with a reasonable price, then would go up as needs arise, and they had facilities for that. I loved it. I only talked to one person, and the ones that were passing the hall seemed friendly. The one thing that I didn't like was someone was administering her meds. They had to get 15 minutes of time for her to administer the medication. That was charged almost by the minute, and I didn't like that. I also didn't like that they only had one bath tub that you could walk into, and you had to make an appointment to have that. However, I loved their dining area. It was beautiful.

Latoya1 September 23, 2014

Out of the three places I’ve visited, Atrium Village was my choice. They have on-ground therapists, and they allowed pets. The staff was very nice, and the rooms were lovely. I like the population of the clientele. I thought that it was splendid, and I thought that was something that she would really like, that she would be comfortable there. I looked at the people around, and the place is very warm.

Caring89767850 July 31, 2014

We found a facility for my relatives called The Atrium (The Atrium Village). My cousin has only been there a week and her husband has been there for three weeks. They feel that the living room and the kitchen area are spacious enough for them. They each have a twin bed and a dresser, so they feel that their room is spacious enough. They are on the fourth floor. They would have rather had been lowered down so they could see more, but they are happy with the room. The food is very good. The staff, so far, is very good, except I noticed when the beds were made, the bed spreads were hanging out on the floor, which were a good cause for a fall. However, the reception people were very friendly and helpful. With regards to sanitation of this place, so far, it is okay.

Caring010509 May 31, 2014

When I met the staff at The Atrium Village, they all seemed to be very caring people. They were very interested in what they could do to help my mother get accustomed to the place and what kind of activities she enjoyed doing. It seemed they really wanted to help her. I opted for my mom to stay there because they had a place available and the price was reasonable. She had a very pleasant room. There were activities every day, like trivia, sing-alongs, bingo, etc. They came to her room and made sure she got out and tried to interact with the other residents. Sometimes it was successful, sometimes it was not. It would be better if they kept the family a little bit informed. Although, it might not have been their fault; it might have been my mom, since she had dementia. There was a time I asked when they picked up her laundry or cleaned the house, and they said it was on her door. It took three times for them to finally check that the schedule on her door was still there. But then, my mom took it down after they came.

Caring85189150 May 20, 2014

The Atrium Village was nice. The staff was good. The rooms looked very clean. The residents seemed happy and good.

goldenlady44 May 13, 2014

This is a great value for independent living. Sales staff is nice and informative however they need to provide full disclosure on major repairs that will effect their tenants. They management team needs to be more collaborative . Right hand connecting to the left. Business manager drops things at times or forgets. Generally speaking stronger management team is needed so that all are in the loop. Terry at the front desk assumes a lot of responsibility . Work on more activities . Maintenance is good -you need additional people working in that area. Your repairs in the building need to be addressed. Proactively !!

That being said this is a nice place with room for improvement.

Caring58680850 March 27, 2014

Atrium Village is fine for somebody who is a little more independent, but I think it might be difficult for somebody who needs more care, and would get a little too overwhelming for them.

LovelyLady00000173 February 25, 2014

The Atrium Village is extremely friendly, clean and bright. It has a lot of activities. The people were wonderful and I saw interactions between the residents and the professionals. The rooms were attractive and adequate.

caringson#2 February 03, 2014

my mom has been a resident of the Atrium for over 10 months and she is very pleased with the facilitates. the staff is nice and very professional. the new manager, Mr. Darryl, is doing an excellent job in getting the place in ship shape. the staff in general are great and they are very kind and respectful to all the residents. i would rate this place a score of an A. if i had to say anything negative about the Atrium is that they need more bingo and craft sessions for the residents. Bingo is played twice a week and the residents really enjoy. they need it 3-5 times a week. maybe even a couple of casinos nights.

Caring471 September 30, 2013

Mom is in Atrium Village and she's doing good there. It is our choice because of the location and because the facility itself is very nice. My mom's room is very nice also. It is clean and roomy. They have a lot of activities. She's doing occupational therapy. Some of the people there are good and some of them are not. I think they need a little bit more staff. But I will recommend it to others.

caring05541 September 28, 2013

I came across Atrium Village through your website. They seem to be very nice. The rooms are very nice and spacious. There were a lot of people my age who were actively doing things all over the community as opposed to sitting and watching the world go by. It looked to me that they had a lot of activities for people and I liked all of that. The thing that I didn't like, and this was a purely subjective judgement, was it seemed claustrophobic. Some of the other ones seemed to have more open spaces. I was thinking that I would want to get out of there right away to go do something because it seemed claustrophobic to me.

CJ4 May 29, 2013

We visited The Atrium Village and I saw that the place looks modern, very cosmopolitan as they would say. It's very nice and clean. And from what I saw, I would live there.

toodope47 October 04, 2011

I loved the facility, my grandmother lives there right now and I go visit her everyday, the staff is very friendly and I know that hse loves it there, there are many activites for the residents to do and she seems happier than when she lived home alone. 5 stars

From The Atrium Village

Senior assisted living at The Atrium Village offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior assisted living community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At The Atrium Village, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior assisted living while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our assisted living community in Owings Mills has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At The Atrium Village, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Assisted Living Amenities

• Personalized Care Plans
  • 24-hour Staffing
  • Emergency Response System
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • All utilities and basic cable included
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team

Onsite Award Winning Genesis Rehab: Occupational, Physical, and Speech Therapy.___ Close to the Owings Mills Jewish Community Center___ Award winning Brain Health University Program___ Pet Friendly___ Integrated social activities among IL and AL residents

Features of The Atrium Village

• Internet in residents' rooms

• Psychiatric care
  • Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Religious services
  • Book clubs

• Private services

• Minimum memory care rate: $4,500/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 62

• Licenses: Certified Assisted Living
  • State License(s): 03AL1030-E

Nurses

• Nurses extra: We have 24 hour nurses.

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of The Atrium Village