Reviews of Memory Lane Cottage at Oviedo
Jane106877 March 29, 2017
I visited this facility
Memory Lane Cottage had just about any type of care from just assisted all the way through hospice. They only take about 25 residents, and they stay there throughout the entire duration of their life. So they are capable of assisting with anything, and I think that it is more what my mother-in-law would be fitted for. The rooms were very safe and secure -- very nice. We did see some of the other staff, and of course we saw the 2 people who toured with us, but then as we were touring, they were actually having lunch, so we saw some of the staff feeding some of the residents who were unable to. Everything seemed to be fine and up-to-par. They have people coming in for activities, they have movies and different games, and they have a library for them; they just have different activities. They can go outside at anytime they want in the grounds, and they have elevated gardening -- which was just very nice. The price was a little higher, but it included more. If we could get Betty to come to Florida and if the rest of the family agrees to let us bring her down here, this is where we would choose to put her. It is a little pricier, but once they are there -- like if their condition worsens -- they don’t have to leave and go somewhere else.
Carol640415 March 08, 2017
I visited this facility
I was very impressed with Memory Lane Cottage at Oviedo. This would have been our next move, but unfortunately he passed away. They have awesome amenities.
Gloria458732 December 30, 2016
I am a friend or relative of a current/past resident
Memory Lane was nice and very good. The staff was good. The rooms were sufficient and included furniture and a TV. It had got a nice outside area for him to use. There's only three people, and the residents were happy.
From Memory Lane Cottage at Oviedo
Memory Lane Cottage at Oviedo, Florida is a state of the art assisted living facility for persons with Alzheimer and dementia related disease. It is designed as a luxury estate home with 20 private bedrooms (suites) with 20 full bathrooms, surrounding a community core that is typical in the resident’s prior home, such as kitchen, dining room, living room, activity space and outdoor patios. Memory Lane Cottage includes a large walled in courtyard with extensive outdoor walking paths. The luxury home environment is barrier free with advanced technology to assist in monitoring the resident.
Memory Lane’s staff are professionally trained in caring for the special needs of people with declined cognitive abilities. Our approach to providing a secure environment includes family participation as an integral part of the care planning team. We work together to learn life experiences unique to your family member so we can provide the highest quality of life for them. Memory Lane offers a professionally structured activity program designed to maximize tactile and cognitive stimulation. Residents participate in group activities including games and movies and physical activity in our large enclosed courtyard designed with walking paths and planters for gardening activity. Research shows that gardening engages all of the senses and can help residents with cognitive impairment rediscover their world. At Memory Lane our goal is to turn daily activities into memorable events for your family member.
- Individualized personal care services provided to each resident for a single monthly fee without add-ons for levels of care
- Higher quality of care provided by our staff which is also supported by our unique smaller scale cottage design with a large safe enclosed courtyard where residents can wander and garden under the watchful electronic and individualized surveillance of our staff
- Professional staff on duty twenty-four hours a day
- Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
- Dining assistance
- Assistance with reminders and redirection
- Assistance with walking
- Medication management
- Physical, speech and occupational therapy can be provided on premises with a physician’s prescription
Resident Dexterity and Activities:
- Scheduled group activities and games
- Individualized care plans with prompts and cues designed for the specific needs of the residents
- Skill stations tailored to the special interests of the residents
- Gardening stations in the secure courtyard
- Programs designed to enable cognitive stimulation
- Ongoing encouragement for participation in individual and group activities to stimulate cognitive functioning
- Movies and television shows provided in the living room on large screen televisions
- Three nutritious meals daily in modern dining room
- Freshly baked goods daily
- Daily snacks and drinks
- Structured activities programs seven days per week
- Housekeeping seven days per week
- Linen service daily as needed
- Laundry service daily as needed
- Incontinence management and supplies
- Access to engaging skill stations within the Cottage and in the courtyard
Thank you for your interest at Memory Lane Cottage at Oviedo. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.
Features of Memory Lane Cottage at Oviedo
- Minimum rate: $5825/month
Room and housing options
- Studio Apartments
- Pets No Pets Allowed
- State Licenses 12855
Location of Memory Lane Cottage at Oviedo
Get Cost Information
Get full access to reviews, cost information, and amenities