Brookdale Oviedo

1725 Pine Bark Point, Oviedo, FL, 32765

Reviews of Brookdale Oviedo

Anonymous114879450 November 07, 2015

The staff at Brookdale Oviedo is very good. My mother is there now and she loves it. I will recommend it to others. I have not personally tasted the food, but she likes it. They are very flexible with their menus, and they listen to the people. The activities are great. They are very good with their activities there. I like the personal attention. They make sure that she has personal attention, and it feels like they have a good program there.

Betsy9 October 06, 2014

Emeritus was a little bit more expensive -- very classy. My father can’t afford that one, but it was nicer. There was one person that gave us the tour, I saw the rooms; they were very nice. The ones that I saw had wooden floors, large enough, and had a kitchen. I really loved it; it’s just that I didn’t pay too much attention as I know my father wouldn’t be able to afford it, but it was nice. They do exercises, they cook, they play, they go to places, and people come in and sing for them. I would definitely recommend the place.

Caring3085 September 08, 2014

Emeritus was a little more expensive, but they did seem better than the other facility. The staff was very nice, friendly, and helpful. They were helpful in every way. They seemed to have varied sizes of rooms depending on how much you can pay, but the rooms seemed better size. The food seemed good.

regrets32765 August 28, 2014

This place keeps going downhill. The residents complain about the food. The rooms are not kept clean. The staff are openly unhappy in their jobs which is not surprising to anyone who has had dealings with Sharon, the resident care manager. They demand a large cash paynent upfront to trap you from moving. I regret ever putting my dad here

Melody drug July 19, 2014

Ever since the last administrator left, the place has gone down hill. She was very compassionate and greeted you with a hug and warm welcome. Now the place is cold. The new administrator never smiles and never engages with anyone. Staff seems miserable.

Daphne23 April 27, 2014

We could have chosen this facility for my mother-in-law. It's affordable but it required an upfront payment that we can't give but only after a few months. The place is beautiful and well maintained. The residents and staff seem really happy here. The Director was very pleasant and invited us to stay for dinner. There were greetings everywhere while we toured this place. They gave us an apple pie to take home and it was awesome.

June13 April 10, 2014

I chose Emeritus because it was clean, the people were very nice, and the food was good. The rooms had its own bathroom and kitchenette. They could be cleaner, but they were fine.

regina1974 April 07, 2014

The place had a negative presences to it. No one seems to know what is going on. There is a lack of activities in the Alzheimer's unit. I'm confused there has been a lack of guidance. The residents are not well taking care of. I would like to move my mom, but there are not availability at the other communities. I hear the staff complaining that there not happy. That makes me concerned. If they are not happy then how is my mom and the other residents are being taking care of.

Scott2377 March 29, 2014

My daughter told me about Emeritus so I checked it out since it was near my house. I liked the overall appearance. It was very clean, modern and up-to-date. I talked with the administrator and I liked the way she treated me. She was very professional yet I could tell she was also compassionate. I liked the way she managed the place. I also spoke to the staff through the telephone and they seemed caring and helpful. There were round the clock doctors, nurses and physical therapists. It looked like they had all what our mother needed. I was really impressed. They just did not have any vacancy.

Caring77398550 January 31, 2014

We came across Emeritus at Oviedo from Caring.com. My first impression of it was that it was a very relaxed community. It was homey but it's an institution. I like this facility. The people were very kind. I thought the staff was very attentive. The one who showed us around spent a lot of time with us; she was great. They were very willing to help me figure out the finances to get my mother in, which I had not seen anywhere else. They did have a model room to show, which was really fair. However, they did show us a little lady's apartment and it was adorable, so it made it a more personal presentation. That was quite nice. The dining room was nice and very big. It was kind of worn-looking though.

Karen72916950 December 30, 2013

I briefly looked Emeritus at Oviedo and it seemed a little quiet. People seemed to be a little slower on things. It just felt a little more calm and peaceful there.

Caring69218650 October 11, 2013

We took a tour at Emeritus at Oviedo and the facility is very clean. The staff seemed to be very engaged with the patients that are in there. I don't have any problem with the facility aside from its very far away. The only thing that turned me off in that place was the attitude of the lady who first called me. I told her about our situation and she told me, she doesn't know she can help me, but aside from her the staff was very nice and friendly.

Lisa DeVore September 25, 2013

I went to Emeritus at Oviedo and they seemed nice. I liked that they had lots of activities and they would make sure dad sat with a table that people he had stuff in common with. The staff are very accommodating. I like that everyone knew everyone pretty well and they seem to have a lot of activities and they had a piano which I think is good because my dad can play the piano. I just didn't like that the TV was in the same room as the piano and that the activity room seemed kind of small to me.

flore September 21, 2013

I visited this facility when I was looking for a place for my Dad to stay a short time while we were away. It is a nice place. The rooms were clean and nicely furnished for those seeking a temporary stay. .

tomcars August 16, 2013

Our family found my Mother’s “Home Away from Home” at Emeritus at Oviedo. She has been a resident for the last month. We could not be happier with the staff and her new home. I have been told by numerous people how clean and well kept it was, and how they’re new management team has made some positive changes. I have experienced the same since she has been there. The entire staff is so caring; it is easy to feel the love they have for our family members. We just had Family Night where everyone was treated with delicious food and great entertainment! Emeritus at Oviedo is definitely 5 stars, hands down.

JOKIB August 15, 2013

We recently had to put my aunt into an assisted living facility. It broke our hearts, and so we wanted to send her to the best possible place- somewhere where I could rest assured knowing that she was being attended to by caring, kind, and thoughtful professionals. We felt so lucky to stumble upon Emeritus at Oviedo.

The ED gave us a wonderful tour and shared with us the many features that stand her community apart from other establishments. Her sweet, warm, and intelligent energy was emblematic on the place as a whole. Everyone else we have met since we sent my aunt there has been equally welcoming and thoughtful. I really feel like we can visit anytime and they are never 'putting on a show'...they are always taking such great care of her.

We were very concerned about her feeling isolated, but she transitioned very quickly. Now when we call often she isn't even in her room! She is doing activities and hanging out with other seniors. She especially loves BINGO I also appreciated that this is a pet friendly community and they allows residents to bring their dogs with them.

In short, I recommend Emeritus at Oviedo. HIGHLY!

koolkat1945 July 08, 2013

Our mother has lived at Emeritus at Oviedo for the past year. She is very happy there and well cared for. She has made friends, she participates in many activities that are enjoyable and meaningful for her, and she can retreat to her suite when she wants to be alone to read, listen to a talking book (she is visually impaired), or visit with family.

Staff will come check on her from time to time, bring her her medications, invite her to activities and remind her about meals.

She can also go on outings when she wants to and we know that she is safe and well-supervised while she is out with the group. She enjoys these outings (Chabot Space & Science Center, movies, and restaurants, shopping trips, to name a few options)!

The staff knows all the residents and is warm and affectionate with the residents as well as being very professional and caring. I find it easy to communicate with the staff and they are responsive to our Mom's changing needs. They keep us updated as to what is going on with Mom.

I visit every day, so I have the opportunity to observe the staff interacting with my Mom, the other residents and their family members, and with each other. I like the people who work at Emeritus at Oviedo and they seem to like working there. The atmosphere is very welcoming and the setting is homelike. The staff knows all the residents and can always tell me where my Mom was most recently (she moves pretty quickly with her four-wheeled walker!). The word I would use most to describe the people who work at Emeritus at Oviedo is kind. The Executive Director always greets me with a hug and smile. These are very kind and dedicated professionals.

Mom likes the meals and also the snacks that are served in the morning and afternoon. Sandwiches are available if a resident gets hungry during the night and there is always fresh fruit, water, and juice available to the residents any time in the Bistro. Wine is available with meals and cocktails or champagne are served in the early evening a few times a week, which Mom likes a lot. Non-alcoholic beverages are served to those who don't drink alcohol, of course.

There are special events, celebrations and festivities every week so that it is also a fun place to be. In addition we were able to celebrate Mom's 91st birthday in a lovely upstairs room with a great view. She loved it and those family members who had not yet been to the Emeritus at Oviedo were very impressed, not just with the view, but with the whole place. We are very grateful that Emeritus at Oviedo had an opening at the time that we needed to move Mom there and that she has thrived there.

Ladygator1 June 20, 2013

I used this facility twice for my mother as respite care. While in the main assisted living area she was happy and clean and dry. But the second time she needed additional care and was in the Alzheimer's unit. The care here is below standard. Her clothes were soaked and smelled of urine even though she wears depends. ( I wanted to wash her clothes so when we picked her up all her pants smelled) She bruises easily with her thin skin but her hands were black from being pulled up instead of assisted with getting up. My daughter came to pick her up for dinner and she was still in pajamas at 5 o'clock, no one assisted her with changing into clothes. I will never use this facility again for short term or especially long term care. If your parent or loved one is here please visit regularly to check on their well being.

Livin November 25, 2012

The community had a stale presence to it. The executive director was very cold. The alzheimers unit was nice the residents were busy doing crafts. The staff was very nice. The only thing is they were to expensive

ericka1982 September 13, 2012

I have to admit this place was a joke. The minute you walked in the smell hit you like a ton of bricks. The smell of urine was horrible. They had residents in the day room sitting with soiled clothes and food on the floor. I don't know if they were understaffed or what. The only good thing was the food, the cook in the kitchen knew what she was doing other than that it was awful. I felt bad for the residents. My best friends grandmother was there and was not happy. Her family moved her to another facility and it is much better.

Story Time May 16, 2012

Emeritus is a relaxed environment with its own southern charm. All of the residents were in good spirits and seemed to enjoy living there. As with many assisted living facilities they were slightly short on nurses and so at times the Alzheimer's wing could become chaotic. There were many activities throughout the day every day of the week and so the residents had many opportunities to socialize. The common areas were nicely decorated and the facility was very spacious with a bright sunny courtyard. There was even a sitting area in front of the home where residents could relax on rocking chairs and feed the resident cats.

SiahTicko June 12, 2011

Visited this facility

The facility had a staleness about it. Upon arrival the energy level of the staff and the members inside seemed to be exceptionally low. The overall welcoming was minimal at best. It was clean and seemed to be fairly organized however the staffs level of engagement was lacking to say the least. The facility itself was nice and well laid out, had a relatively new feel to it but overall I realized very quickly this would not be the place for my father. While he is growing more dependent, he still has a young mind, the energy level in this facility was low enough that I knew he would not be happy there.

From Brookdale Oviedo

Our Family is Committed to Yours.®

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Assisted Living Facility #9525