Sunrise of Overland Park

12500 West 135th, Overland Park, KS, 66221

Reviews of Sunrise of Overland Park

Caring75057150 December 02, 2013

We were impressed with Sunrise. I don't have anything negative to say about it. They have what seemed to be a good staff. The facility was laid out very well. There were small apartments for accommodations. I would recommend this place, we were pretty much impressed with it.

Holly7 November 21, 2013

Sunrise was amazing and it's like walking into somebody?s house. The staff was extremely warm, very welcoming, very professional and know the residents by name. The facilities are beautiful and are well maintained. They are up to date in terms of style but they're comfortable. The only thing was the rooms which were available at the time were small. It has on site medical care. They have an aide assigned to your loved one personally to get them acclimated to the facility and check in with them once a day. The director is very warm, personable, and easy to talk to. She had a lot of information and gave us answers that made us feel our grandmother would be taken care of the way we will take care of her. I wanted to move in.

Caring1236 September 27, 2013

We liked everything about Sunrise of Overland Park. The reason why we chose this facility for my father-in-law was because their price was right. They have individual dining rooms on each floor and they do have a menu that you can choose from everyday and they can also bring the meals to you. We loved everybody that we've seen there. It's a small community and the people there pretty much knew everybody. Since we come and go there, the staff knew us by name. They cater to the needs of Alzheimer's patients and we are very happy with that. I would definitely recommend this facility to others.

gjb July 24, 2012

We visited this home looking for a place to move my Mother in Law. We had not decided if assisted living was necessary or if semi-independent living was sufficient. This home is very pretty, and in a high end neighborhood. However, it looks like a fancy nursing home. It is a red brick building with white porches and rockers out front. But there were no residents enjoying the outside. The home has underground parking. As it was not an issue for us, we did not inquire if it was for residents or employees. There was limited parking available for guests. The home was much more expensive than any others we toured. It had the usual amenities, library, hair salon etc. The library was a room with high book cases, and a couple of easy chairs. It was very cozy. The rooms reminded me of hospital rooms. There was no personality within, and the rooms seemed very clinical. The home was nice enough, just not what we were looking for. They were willing to help obtain long term care insurance if Mom had not already had a policy.

From Sunrise of Overland Park

Step into the senior living community of Sunrise of Overland in Overland Park, Kansas, and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture and comfortable community areas, to our choice of suites, exceptional outdoor gardens, and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent at this assisted living community is a welcome one.

Sunrise of Overland is built upon a commitment to our residents and their families. We believe no two people are alike, so the assisted living services and attention we provide should never be exactly the same. That's also why we offer a variety of lifestyle, service and care options. By providing these choices, we not only offer solutions for today, we provide the security of knowing that there are options for tomorrow.

In addition to offering senior housing in Kansas, Sunrise of Overland also boasts Alzheimer's care, assisted living, respite care, and short-term care.

Features of Sunrise of Overland Park