Silvercrest at Deer Creek

13060 Metcalf Avenue, Overland Park, KS, 66213

Reviews of Silvercrest at Deer Creek

lcopus September 24, 2015

My mother has been at Silvercrest for a little over one year. She likes it there very much. She likes the other residents and has made a lot of friends. she says the staff is very courteous and friendly. The only thing keeping this from being a five star rating is the food. The quality of the meals is very hit and miss.

Thank you so much for your great review! We are very happy to hear that your mother is so happy here at Silvercrest Deer Creek. We also appreciate your honest feedback about the meals. We are currently working to address this and we hope that she will see a remarkable change with them in the immediate future.

Shirley67136550 December 06, 2014

Silvercrest Deer Creek Senior was a very clean and very friendly place. As we walked around, people spoke to us, and I sat with a lady because we had lunch there before we took the tour, and the little lady sitting with us was just as friendly as she could be. The apartment that they showed us was really roomy. It had a full kitchen -- which really surprised me -- with a full-sized refrigerator, stove, a half-sized dishwasher, and a microwave; they had everything in there, and plus you got two meals a day. It had a big living room, an eating area, a nice big bedroom, a big bathroom, storage closets, and nice carpeting. It was a nice apartment. I wouldn't have had trouble living there with the exception that we would have to get rid of our dogs. It was clean, and the food was good.

Thank you for your review and the wonderful rating that you gave us. We strive every day to make sure that our residents love the way they live and I am so glad that you were able to experience that during your visit. We do allow dogs in our community as long as they are less than 30 pounds. I am not sure how big your dogs are but if they fall under 30 pounds we would love to visit with you again about the possibility of living here. Thank you again for your wonderful review and we are so glad you enjoyed your time with us.

Donna99993650 October 07, 2014

I visited the assisted living part at Silvercrest Deer Creek, and while they call it assisted living, I think it was not enough of what I consider assisted living that we would consider moving there. I would not have been able to get the kind of assistance for my husband, and it was not just the level of assistance he needed. The apartments were very nice, and the sales person was friendly, but I wasn't really impressed with the director. They could improve on what their assisted program actually can do. I think it is a low level of assistance that they have and their care is based on points rather than like a level one, two, or three of care.

I am sorry that you did not find the type of care you were searching for at Silvercrest Deer Creek. Our nursing staff strives to ensure that our residents receive the care they need each day. At the same time we have to make sure that the care we do provide falls within the guidelines that are set forth by the state of Kansas for Assisted Living. Again I am sorry that we were not a fit for your husband and I hope that you were able to find a community for him where he can be well cared for and happy.

From Silvercrest at Deer Creek

Welcome to Silvercrest at Deer Creek Senior Living

Love the Way You Live.

Welcome to Silvercrest at Deer Creek. It will be our pleasure to make you part of the family, and introduce you to the finest in active senior living. You'll find us in the heart of Overland Park just off Metcalf Ave. At Deer Creek, you won't remain a stranger for long. Between a lively dining room, endless activities and friendly staff and residents, we surpass other retirement communities when it comes to making you feel at home. We are dedicated to providing a beautiful place to live, as well as personalized care for those who need a little help now and then.

Experience a rewarding and fulfilling lifestyle

Silvercrest at Deer Creek offers Independent Living that allows you a full range of customized services. Our spacious apartments are equipped with full kitchens, individual controls for heat and air, hook ups for television, phone and internet, smoke and fire detectors and washer and dryers. Our Independent Living residents can enjoy three chef prepared meals a day, garage parking, and an active social life with an array of activities and outings throughout the day. Silvercrest at Deer Creek ensures that residents enjoy the benefits of living in a community while still enjoying privacy, independence, and maintaining their dignity. We are proud to be one of the most well regarded retirement communities in the Kansas City area, offering the perfect balance of Independent Living and Assisted Living.

Assisted Living

We recognize that not all of our residents will have the same needs. That is why we also offer Assisted Living. Your loved one will be attended to with the utmost care and concern by an experienced and professional staff. Our goal is to provide our residents with the opportunity to enjoy life with privacy and dignity while receiving the care and support they need to Love the Way They Live. In our Assisted Living we encourage independence with the safety, security and comfort of our residents as our primary focus.

If you are looking for Senior Living Apartments or Assisted Living in the Overland Park area, please browse our website to find additional information.

Features of Silvercrest at Deer Creek

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system

• Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym, W/D in apt

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft