Brookdale Overland Park Glenwood

9201 Foster, Overland Park, KS, 66212

Reviews of Brookdale Overland Park Glenwood

Caring110203250 June 30, 2015

My mom is Brookdale Overland Park Glenwood since the end of May, and things seem to be doing well. She has physical therapy that goes well. They have her settled in. She is really enjoying all the activities. The food is very good. I like that it is a smaller place and not as large as the independent living she used to live in. They are providing the amount of care that she needs. She can still do things for herself, but they are keeping a watchful eye to keep her safe.

Anonymous106683850 June 08, 2015

My husband is currently living in Brookdale Overland Park. The staff is fine. He is in a wheelchair, and he is getting a lot of assistance. It is clean, and they do the laundry. The food is OK. It is a nice place.

John107636450 May 26, 2015

Brookdale Glenwood was nice, but my mom doesn’t want to move to Kansas; she wants to stay in Missouri. The staff has been very helpful.

Lovely Lady 110520141 November 14, 2014

My grandmother is at Freedom Pointe at the Brookdale community. We are happy with it, it’s a clean facility, and the staff is great. I know that my grandma is doing very well, and I know that she has been taken care of, and we are very pleased with the place. I have not tried the food. However my grandmother likes it.

Kay27 July 18, 2014

Freedom Pointe has been very good. It was a good choice. My husband's father is very happy with the food. We had one meal there and we were not impressed, but overall, it has been very good. The staff is very helpful; they're very friendly. The thing that I like about this place is that it's smaller. I think there are only 193 residents. All of them know him, whereas, in others that we looked at, there were 300 or 400 residents.

They have bingo. They have a book club where somebody reads a book to them and they talk about it. They have exercises in the morning. They have musicians that come in and sing. They have programs; they have ice cream socials. On the 21st, they had a summer celebration for the families. There was a picnic for residents and their families. They had hamburgers, hotdogs, and ribs. They had a horse and a wagon, and they had balloons for the kids. At Easter time, they had an Easter egg hunt for families. They do trips to the community. They have a variety of activities that he has been involved with. They have a beauty salon.

The only negative that I saw was that I felt on the weekends, there were not many activities, but during the week, there were plenty of things to do. If you have family around it's not as bad. But their staff is very, very good. The medical staff is very good. We've been real happy with their care. They have hospice on site that is associated with them, and that has been very helpful. They do what's called aging in place.

Karen84896450 June 26, 2014

I had an aunt who was in Freedom Pointe. It was a nice facility, but they didn't specialize in dementia. One of the problems with them is that they do not take Medicaid after the money is all used up. Overall, they were fine. They offered pretty much the same activities as all the others. The staff was very nice and very friendly. They took very good care of my aunt while she was there.

AHL April 19, 2014

The Good, the bad, and the ugly. We visited Freedom point, in order to check it out for my Father.The place is nice, clean and well kept. The rooms are also very nice. After they assessed my Dad (and actually welcomed him to the community), and a 2 hour meeting (with Kelly, who was very sweet)...we "thought" we were ready to move in. Sadly ,that was not the case. On Monday the nurse called (the one who welcomed my Dad) to say she his needs may too much. I called the nurse to find out what the issues were, she never called me back. The next day, I called the executive Director (Josh) to ask my Dad's status (we needed to know by that Friday, as he was being discharged). By Thursday, he had not called me back. I made a formal complaint with corporate and only then, did he call me back (24 hours before my Dad's discharge). So unprofessional.

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns about Freedom Pointe Overland Park. Our goal is to help individuals and families find customized senior living solutions for all the places those families want life to go. We are sorry that we were unable to meet your father's needs and hope you have found the right community for him.

Holly7 November 23, 2013

Freedom Pointe was very nice and comfortable. The scenery wasn't beautiful though; you're looking at the parking lot and there was a back end with a shopping area but it meant that you had access to those things easily too. We met their coordinator for the activities in the center and she was lovely. She really does have a passion for doing what she does which is good. The rooms were of good size and well appointed. Probably one concern was some of the rooms were updated but some weren't. Overall, we were happy with the facilities.

Anonymous73118250 October 28, 2013

Staff is caring and friendly, and appear to have the resident's best interest at heart. Has a homey feel, but layout of facility is not confusing like other facilities we've visited. Facility is close to shopping and restaurants but away from the main street and easily accessible. The elevators are slow and stairs are not available except during an emergency, so this can be a bit frustrating at times. However, the food is very good and the staff has been flexible and worked hard to meet my mother's individual needs. All in all we are very happy with our choice.

caring35021 September 23, 2013

We were satisfied with everything at Freedom Pointe. They were very good and we felt that mom was secured and safe while we were out of town. The room was very nice, fresh and adequate. I would recommend it to others.

caring8638 September 19, 2013

Freedom Pointe is a wonderful facility. Its location is fine and the rooms that we saw are fine too. Its price is just like any other facility we visited. However, the level of care is too advanced for what we need at this point. If you need that level of memory care, this would be a good facility.

Marti2 November 16, 2012

Freedom Pointe is very convenient to where we live and it offered more of what we we're looking for. It's a newer facility, so they were more modern. They have lots of windows and I thought the rooms were bright, sunny, and inviting. Their food is very good. They have breakfast anywhere from 6:00 to 9:30. They offer meal choices of the day that you can pick from entrees. But if you don't like those they also offer a selection of things that you can order off the menu like hamburgers and French fries. And frequently, I would go over and have lunch or dinner with my son. They charge $6 if somebody wants to come in and eat a meal with a family member. For the most part, I feel like the staff is engaged and seem to be friendly. It offered more social activities. However, it's on three levels, so the drawback is that I don't feel like you intimately get to know other residents, because they're not all on the same schedule. It's a little more challenging if you have mapping issues. But I feel like the staff is engaged and they seem to like their jobs.

gpu April 03, 2012

I placed my father at Freedom Point. This is a wonderful property it is very clean, bright, cheery, and with lots of activities. The staff is very caring and responsive. I was very impressed with receptionist she remember me by my first name. Another time I called in she called me by my first name. I the only concern I have is the price.

Roberts1980 June 28, 2011

This is another facility operated by Brookdale, and it's beautifully decorated in luxury styling. Located in Overland Park, there's plenty to do nearby. Inside, it has several small vignettes including a library. What stood out was the size of the rooms. The suite, in particular, was quite a bit bigger than what one usually sees in an Assisted Living facility. This suite was actually bigger than my first apartment, with plenty of space for two beds and a living area. It was also bright and airy, with nice big windows. While the apartments have only a small kitchenette, the dining area in this facility is open all day, rather than requiring residents to show up at set mealtimes. There are plenty of planned activities for residents, including frequent shopping trips and driving trips through outdoor spaces such as a nearby lake. There is also a lot of energy put into making sure residents get lots of exercise and social time. Overall, the facility focuses primarily on Assisted Living, but there is a small, attached memory care facility as well. This might be an ideal option for couples in which one person suffers from Alzheimer's but the other doesn't, because there are thriving communities for the separate needs of each, but they can also live quite close together in the same building.

K3vInfamous May 31, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

My family member's experience was favorable. My grandmother entered this home a few years ago, and she was impressed by the professionalism of the staff. Trained staff were available when she needed them, and the home allowed her to maintain a semblance of independence despite her condition. Due to her severe arthritis, going about her daily life was difficult without help. Staff were on-call 24/7 to ensure that her needs were being met. The accommodations are spacious and well-maintained. The facility also provides numerous activities and options for tenants who want to socialize with one another. My grandmother appreciated the sense of community that Freedom Pointe offered. She had lived alone for several years, and the activities and programming allowed her to socialize and foster connections with others in her condition. My grandmother's primary complaint was the quality of the food. She often complained of it being bland; however, I would recommend this facility overall.

From Brookdale Overland Park Glenwood

Brookdale Overland Park Glenwood provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Overland Park Glenwood

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes
  • Hospice care

• Housing extra: One Bedroom Deluxe (two Bathrooms)
  • Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Pets: All pets allowed
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: Negotiable

• Licenses: Licensed Community
  • State License(s): N046048

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
  • We offer financial aid