Bickford of Overland Park

10665 Barkley, Overland Park, KS, 66212

Reviews of Bickford of Overland Park

Caring112089950 August 27, 2015

My mother is in Bickford. It is a highly personal decision based on what her situation is and what we feel that these folks will be able to do. It has a lot to do with the people and the staff that we met and how we feel that their programs and their staff will work for my mom. She has only been there for about six weeks, and she seems to be happy there so far. She gained a little bit of weight, so I think she likes the food, and she has not had any subsequent falls, which is why we moved her from the independent living. They are keeping much better track of her medically. She is also diabetic, and I think they are watching that. They are watching what she is eating. They make sure that her diet works for that, and they make sure that she gets the medication that she needs. She is in a point where she needs some assistance in living because of her memory issues, and I believe that these folks are doing a good job with it.

jayhawks1 May 18, 2015

Would not recommend this facility whatsoever. When the new Director (Dean) was named the services went way south in a hurry. Good luck getting him to return your phone calls. Had my mother there for four years and moved her to a much improved memory care unit.

sandyyeo May 16, 2015

We chose Bickford in Overland Park, Kansas. We are very satisfied. They have been so helpful in helping my father make the adjustment. The room is very spacious, and my father has a large, bright window that is just wonderful.It just has everything in the assisted living. My dad is a great eater, and he just loves their food. The kitchen supervisor came to see him, interviewed him, and asked him what he liked, and my dad thinks the food is wonderful. He was sick for a little bit. He had a wound injury from a fall when he moved in there, and when they were treating that, he just didn't feel like going to the dining room a couple of times, so they came down and said, "What would you like?" They brought him hot soup and made him feel better, so they are wonderful; it is a very personal service. Their social activities are very good. He is out for bingo and the other things that they have planned. Leaving your home is a difficult time, and it took him a little while, but the activity director is just like a pied piper and gets you involved in things, so he is active now.

Caring104589050 April 21, 2015

My mother-in-law has been situated in assisted living at Bickford Place for two months now. The room seems big enough and pleasant. The dining room is just a dining room; there's nothing different, unique, or special. Most of the tables accommodate four people, and some of them accommodated a few more. As for activities, they seem to make an effort at this place to have entertainment or something everyday, e.g., bingo, somebody coming in to entertain them, and fixing popcorn for them to watch a movie on TV. Security seems to be fine.

Sherry47 April 07, 2015

My dad is in Bickford. The staff is great. They call me when my dad has any kind of incident -- if they change his medication or if he has a fall, anything -- they call me right away. The apartments are nice. They are roomy and very clean. The dining room is very small. The place that he comes from originally, they get to choose what they want to eat. The only thing that I don't care about this is that they just cook a meal and that's it. They don't really have a choice, but I think the food is good because I have eaten there a couple of times. My father has dementia, and he is terminally ill, so he doesn't do a lot of activities, but they have lots of activities.

I chose it because I need something that is close to my home, and the director there is so caring and very concerned. She works with me, and I am really impressed overall with the place. It is a locked facility and people like me have to know the code to go in so I don't have to worry about him wandering off like he did before. I am happy with it.

Caring100980150 January 06, 2015

I chose Bickford because I wanted an assisted living facility that has memory care too. My dad has a pretty small room, but that is just fine. His dementia is pretty advanced so it is perfect for him. The food is fine; he likes it. As far as improvement is concerned, I think all of them have some room for improvement. The cleaning of the room and the bathroom can be a little bit better. For the most part, the staff that they have is not over the top, but they're fine. Some of them are very knowledgeable. Though I didn't see a lot of the staff because we go during the day, and we are not sure what exactly is going on in the evening; however, overall, they are fine.

Caring70938250 September 25, 2014

Based on my visit, it appeared to me that the staff of Bickford of Overland Park enjoyed their work. The people working there were good at what they do. I noticed that they had a nice courtyard. They even had an activities director. They also had many small activities and small groups. Among of the things they had were spiritual activities, musicians, and entertainers who would come in.

Grateful lady June 21, 2012

This facility is fantastic,the staff from owners and Director to the janitorial personal are not just caregivers, they are loving, compassionate and give the best care imaginable! My husband of 47 years has been a resident there for over 17 months,due to severe progressive vascular dementia and I thank God every day that he has all of those guardian angels to give him the care I am unable to.I know there will be a special place in Heaven for each of them!

From Bickford of Overland Park

Welcome to Bickford of Overland Park, one of Kansas's premier assisted living and memory care communities! Bickford of Overland Park is conveniently located on 10665 Barkley, so please, stop on by any time. We invite you in and welcome you home to our Overland Park senior living community.

At Bickford of Overland Park, we offer premier memory care and assisted living services. The fullest expression of assistance comes with an intimate understanding of our residents at Bickford of Overland Park. Each resident of our Kansas assisted living home is unique, as are the services they require, and the manner in which they wish for them to be met. At our Overland Park senior community, we also know firsthand the confusion that memory loss creates in relationships with loved ones. That's why our Alzheimer's care community strives to make every activity intentional and personally driven by each individual’s life story.

Nothing can replace home - this we know at Bickford of Overland Park. The smells that waft through the open door, the tattered edges of the overstuffed chair in the living room, the faded photographs on the mantle, the memories…lifetimes are built on these things; happiness dwells in them. At Bickford of Overland Park assisted living in Kansas, we don’t ask you to give up your home, your treasures, your memories. Instead, we want you to bring the pieces of the home you love into our Kansas assisted living and memory care community and make it yours.

Features of Bickford of Overland Park